GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: AF Development & Design
Thread: Bug?
Post by: Amlin(117786)
2005-08-05 17:40:21
I founded, that characters dont level up even if they have got enougth exp for next level. This happens if they get this exp from Gladiator Sports. Maybe its possible to fix this bug? Suggestion... At Gladiator Sports show not only Fame and Exp gain, but also level and skill points gain.
And finaly its not about this probably bug, but wish about Gladiator Sports... It would be nice to gain not only Fame and Exp, but some money too... ;)
Post by: Dalvian(38356)
2005-08-06 03:17:59
I would also like to see monetary gain for GS. Not only would extra gold be nice but you like to think that your gladiators are making a nice living while slaying their enemies.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-08-06 10:21:40
What do you mean they don't level up? Even after fighting a monster afterward?
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-08-06 20:12:24
yes, they level up after fighting a monster, but I think he is referring to a GS only fighter

if you stay in the initial area and never fight anything, nothing will attack you unless provoked. At this stage, you could stay in the worst GS forever. But you will never level up unless you fight that monster, so you never move up a GS by fighting in GS's alone.

I tried it and eventually fought that first monster, now monsters will fight me unprovoked.

Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-08-06 23:06:48
Also note that for those who stay that low it is stupid to do, they may gather thousands of xp but when they kill their first monster they only need 2 xp and all other experience will be erased.

I thought that that might be changed to...the surpluses in experience when leveling up should maybe brought over to the next level.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-08-07 00:05:33
agreed it's not smart, but if your intention is to never level up... but your point is very valid. :)
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-08-07 07:26:07
I had no idea people would do something so silly. It won't be fixed.
Post by: Infamous_Infants(23)
2005-08-07 09:39:45
Well it sure make for another style of playing !!

Now as for Level up doing the GS.
Your aren’t actually making kills in the GS. The GS is for fame and glory, all others are knocked out.(the way I see it)(Hell, we are adventures not Gladiators. The gladiator part is for show off)
So if we should level up doing the GS it mean that the winner is the only survivor, all others are dead and will lose 10 fame and all AP (This could probably be programmed to your wishes. But I’m guessing that it would turn out this way if your want to level up doing the GS)

I already fooled around with this 2 months after the game started. So if you don’t want to kill anything. Know that you will never get over 10000 Fame, and that it is only possible to get to around 10000 if you win all 3 GS in a week. You lose fame faster than the GS you can win.

Zeus: good point about the xp that are being wasted, but it’s only REALY important on the low levels and wont make a different on the higher levels.

Dalvin: Also a good point about money/prices. But again we are adventures by hearth and money is not a issue as we will throw the money away to rescue a damsel in distress (cough).
Well, money comes and money goes. I suggest if there is a price to have for the winner then make it 3 or 5 of the good Healing Potions. That way you can put your money to good use buying skills, inn stays or what ever. (well I could be wrong but I don’t think money is an issue in this game and healing potions is surly something to fight about on the lower levels.)

Well as I said, it just make for another style of playing by not levelling up doing a GS, play around with it. (but not with your main char. ;))

/Pasha
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-08-08 06:45:22
Indeed, the thing I mentioned about experience being wasted is only for those that really don't 'adventure'.

And if you do not adventure, then I think, the game will become pointless.

*laughs* Now, where is that damsel in distress?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout