GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: AF Development & Design
Thread: A couple of semi-big bugs/exploits
Post by: managerr(74301)
2006-06-26 13:15:26
The badlands is missing a very important security check--it doesn't test to see if you have discovered a portal before you can travel through it. My Level 52 character, Weird Head Boy, took a stroll through the Badlands today and made it out without a scratch. (I took a Wallace Claymore as proof--see the most recent GS1)

Also, because of this bug/exploit, I was also able to test something I've also long thought was bugged. The two badlands portals that no one can seem to find (119 and 75) don't exist or don't have their entrances connected to any existing portal.

Bonnie
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2006-06-26 16:44:16
erm bonnie? Are you sure about this all? How did you travel between the portals then? Changing the link?

How can you travel if you haven't found the portal???
Post by: slangi(11441)
2006-06-26 18:46:47
she missed out on the zeus and pasha expeditions many months ago or she woulda caught the thread about some areas already have existing attaching portals and others must be found shake it up and mix well and youve got someone thats lost their sanity fixed on there being bugs/exploits brace yourself remain calm and give it some time patience is a virtue here afterall
2006-06-26 20:14:26
in other words, doug is looking into it? ;)

what a relief. i no longer have to hold my breath then :p
2006-06-26 23:00:51
yeh i emailed him expressing the concern of a few players and he said hed look into it in a few weeks a few weeks ago so naturally he will be doing that soon doug keeps his word when he gets back to me ill let you guys know in the meantime bonnie try not to use ilelgal programs or anything thatll get ya banned
2006-06-27 01:13:07
I caught the Zeus-Pasha thread--this is different, I can tell.

No illegal programs or anything used. Just basic knowledge of the web and how web applications work in this case. I found a bug, I reported it. Simple as that.
2006-06-27 08:38:29
don't worry bonnie, dear. They just CAN'T bann you. AF wouldn't be as fun without you! Same as nobody would be able to play it if me or slangster were gone ;)

Everyone else is disposable... Except for a few others then. They payd me to mention them, but not enough to say their names.

Slangi payd with friendship and you payd with natural beauty to admire... As for myself... erm... well...

i'm of to bed!

ciao ;)
2006-06-28 18:47:09
what exactly did you do youre coming off as navigating the badlands totally bypassing the maze and doing what you want and if thats the result you found an exploit and proceeded to use it before reporting it instead of just reporting it if im wrong here do fill me in and finally answer one question why stoop so low for one helmet?
2006-06-29 06:19:34
Simplhy put--Peter will know exactly how I did it and what happened--which is why he coded the illegal portal check in the first place. I don't want to post it on a public forum.

In the Badlands, it's easier to specify where you are going instead of having to deal with red/red/green and remembering the order of the portals in the non-helpful dropdowns.

And yes, if using a bug to test for another bug is a crime, then go ahead and convict me. The "I think it's bugged, I spent 1000+ AP on every single portal" approach wasn't getting me everywhere. If you want, I can even show you the badlands pattern and where I think the two missing portal entrances should be, but aren't.

2006-06-29 08:28:55
its not that that concerns me its the how you did it part thats a little worrysomerespectably speaking ialready tapped the right sources to check on bugs as i said before patience is a virtue
2006-06-29 08:32:39
boys and girls... be nice to each other now ;)
come on! give a hugg and make out now! Erm, make up! well, whatever...

don't fight, ok?

please? for me?
2006-07-07 18:41:23
doug got back to me if there is an inaccesible area i nthe badlands it isnt of overall importance to the game hes retired from plit and wont work on it...so ehh maybe no helmet

posting it here so people actually see it...the only solution now would be peter
2006-07-08 21:22:04
doug retired??? noooooooo

and peter has a baby comming up (ooooooooh :D) guess plit will be pretty quiet again for a while...
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout