You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: GW Newbies
Thread: Read Me First - Rules Version 0.7
Post by: xlevelninex(36441)
2004-12-17 06:46:08
Rules version 0.7

This game is created and copyrighted by Peter Lindstrøm. Any game related questions should be posted to the forum system.

You are only allowed to control one gang per game but can participate in as many games as you want.

Background
There have been a great war and after the dust have settled there is anarchy in the city and several gangs fight to gain control.

City Map
The City is a X*X square map of city blocks. Each city block can either be controlled or uncontrolled.

Action Points
You get 100 action points per turn. Using 10% of your gang strength costs 10 action points. Weapons and armour are not included in this. If you field all your gang members in one attack it will cost 100 action points.
You can save two turns of action points. So you can have a maximum of 300 action points. Any excess action points are used to gather resources.
You get new AP's after each turn ran, this is done at 4am each morning Danish time, after the game has started.

Turns
Each turn gives you 100 action points. You also have to pay and feed your gang members so they will stay with you. The higher the level of your gang members the more money they will demand. Each turn you get new gang members (Residential area), money (Commercial) and food (Food plants).
All players are logged out when the turn generation runs.

Equipment
It is possible to acquire weapons and armour during the game. One known source is the black market.

Buildings
Some buildings gives you resources each turn.
- Residential areas are good for recruits
- Commercial areas are good for money
- Food plants produce food :) and if you control them they will give you some food each turn.

Special Blocks
Military - Can be explored but the danger is big.
Pre war - not used anymore but can be explored. Usually it is big danger but it also yields big rewards.
The higher your retreat level is the more likely you are to meet very big forces. The retreat treshold determines how deep you go into the complex so be carefull.

Combat
Combat will occur when you try to control a new city block or when someone tries to take over your blocks. Defenders always have an advantage because they know the territory and are already there.
It is IMPORTANT to consider your retreat level before engaging in combat. You probably would like it high in the beginning of the game.
When fighting uncontrolled blocks, the number of defenders will depend on the number of buildings in the block

Message system
You can send messages to other gangs using their gang ID or gang Name.
The game will send you turn updates and messages about someone attacking you.

Winners
There will be 3 winners of each game, a total winner is declared when one gang wins all 3 tables.
- Biggest territory
- Highest total combat value
- Riches

Orders
» Logout
To log you out of the current game. It is necessary to use this order before you can log into a new game.
» Show Gang
To show your current gang strength and resources.
» Explore Gang
To make your gang try yo explore another gangs strengths and resources.
» Show Map
To show what you know about a certain area of the city. You will also be able to explore the part of the city shown and this will reveal unknown information.
» Control Block
If you control a block which contains residential, commercial or food producers you will try to convince the people there that this is now your territory, this might lead to combat but if you are successful you will gain income from this block as long as you maintain control. If it is a pre war or a military block you will try to explore this to find weapons or other goods. This can be very dangerous and the higher your retreat level is the higher resistance you risk meeting.
» Release Block
To release a block you have previously controlled.
» Recruit Gang Members
To go into the territory you control and gain extra supporters. The more residential blocks you control and the more action point spent will affect the outcome.
» Rob food producers
To go to the various food plants in your territory and extort some more food from them.
» Run Drugs
To make some money by illegal means, selling synthetic drugs and whatever else you can come up with.
» Black Market
To locate some arms dealers to give you an edge in future combats.
» Set retreat level
To modify the risk you are willing to take in combat. The higher the number, the more risk. It might be a problem if the number too low or too high.
» Messages
The game will send you a status message after each turn and players can send messages to one another. If someone decides to attack your territory you will also be notified about it here.
» News
This is the radio and newspaper of the future. Here, actions which have caught the reporters attention will be published. This could either be drug running or war between 2 gangs or the likes. Can be a useful information for the smart player.

Newbie Hints:
Since the orders for gaining new recruits, money and food depend on the number of buildings in your territory these will not yield much in the beginning.
To control a block you need between 30 and 50 novices depending upon the number of buildings in the block and the type of buildings. You might be lucky and succeed with 10 novices and you might fail with 30. 50 novices will normally be a safe bet.
Post by: Raving Druids(21385)
2004-12-17 06:53:47
quote You can save two turns of action points /quote

Should read You can save THREE turns of action points

4AM Danish time is 01.28 Server time....which does raise the interesting question of where the hell the server is ;-)
Post by: bokchoi(49836)
2004-12-17 14:07:31
I think it must be somewhere in the Asia-Pacific region as the server time is the same time as in Perth, Australia.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2004-12-17 14:27:23
I think its in the Phillipines..which runs off the same time as Perth, Australia...as far as I know
2004-12-17 14:37:00
Hmm...but if it is 4AM danish and the server shows 01.28...I thought all time zones were +/- whole hours against GMT, not half hours?

(Sorry. Always something that has bugged me!)
Post by: Coneman(325)
2004-12-17 16:41:20
It should be...but this has happene before- the server creeped forward I think a few mins..
Post by: The Sniper(27754)
2005-03-09 01:13:04
I have to ask someone, isn't this game supposed to end when the game is won by someone? The clear winner is obviously Raving Druids (Congrats btw) but as such I want to quit the game I'm in and enter a new one (2 entries of Gangwar would confuse me since 3 chars in VOW is hard enough). But I can't detahc until the game ends... so when does it end?
2005-03-09 05:03:24
If you check the Ranking screen, that gives the end date...I'll pm it to you in a minute...

and thanks...;-)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout