You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: GW Development & Design
Thread: Do we still have mods?
Post by: Shalimar(257353)
2007-02-09 14:48:13
This is the second time in a week that someone has started cursing in the chat. If there is a mod watching, shouldn't they point out in the chat itself that this type of behavior gets you banned?
Post by: mob(23502)
2007-02-09 17:27:44
The mods are supposed to be silent. I bet Depressed Mod got into some sort of trouble for his posts. So I guess it is up to us to warn people ourselves.
2007-02-10 00:10:41
That's a shame. I think he made a mistake in my case, but that could happen to anyone. I liked Depressed Mod. Silence doesn't promote a sense of community. Just like having a secret bad words list doesn't promote trust of the game administrators. But I emailed back and forth with them about this and they never comprehended what I was talking about, and I didn't quit even though I thought about it, so maybe I'm wrong and this is good customer service.
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-02-10 01:22:17
We have had open mods before and all they got for there trouble was abuse thats why they are silent now, it only take a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone. I know I have been a mod at 4 differant times, I am currenty retired from this thankless job.

Peer pressure does work though sometimes.

The best thing to do is take a screen shot of the incident and send it to the mods email account, and let the mods handle it, it wont be immediate usually but it will be takin care of.
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-02-10 10:03:52
Well, they get chat-banned allright ;)
I reported those guys to the mod-center and since i know the people over there, i got a reply that they were locked.

Well, i got a reply. Not to say they locked them, but just so i know they were there, lol.

Nobody needs to say they got banned. They just do and won't do it again :P
2007-02-11 00:17:39
Thanks for checking. I'm glad the rules are still enforced after the flap a few weeks ago, but I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I don't even understand the mindset of someone who would come onto a game they have never played and immediately start insulting the people already there, so I don't think they're worth my time.

"I'm so awesome I am gonna kick everyone's butt. Uh, how do you play this game?" Too stupid for words.
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-02-11 10:12:35
Indeed :P
Oh, and i saw the depressed mod was still checking chat from time to time ;)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout