You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SC Development & Design
Thread: SC test server ideas
Post by: Opacus Mortu(61923)
2005-02-23 00:46:19
we have been argueing to get a bunch of changes to happen, well now we have a test server, and no one is coming up with ideas, with the exception of personal coffers (which peter does not like it seems) list some things u want to see changes
here are two things i think
(there not my ideas, i read them in forums)

1) two color for messages, green for writting messages, red from the field, it would sure help us when your making a huge run, then u see messag eand ur heart stops beating

2) increase the price of torpedoes (torpedoes are getting outragous, this is becoming more like SCT everyday, we NEED it to be changed, some may disagree, but its my opinion)

3)i odnt no how many people like it but i hat ethe 7 day thing, when we cant join a fed after friday...cuz i've had times when i made a fed, then forgot i had plans, but its already two late, just a personal opinion

we dont just need u guys to post what u want, but we need arguments and stuff, otherwise peter wont even consider it, we finally got what we want, now lets use it!!
Post by: scion(66682)
2005-02-23 01:49:54
I just thought of this; how about instead of increasing the price of torps, we create a Battleship or Missile Cruiser or something thats needed to hold the torps before firing? We could just use regular cruisers for this, too. Essentially, a ship or building that has to fire the torps.
2005-02-23 01:56:19
i think that would change to much, but good idea
Post by: scion(66682)
2005-02-23 02:01:48
How was the game when we had XY coordinates?

Another online game like this is Total War, futuristic and everything like this, except they are MUCH more detailed, and there are only 3 factions. They also have a very nice XY map, except theirs deals with travel time. Perhaps we can make a map like that, the distances adding or subtracting attack AP cost, randomly generated each round? I'm just throwing ideas out there...
2005-02-23 02:10:10
i admit i would like to try ou the X Y coordinate system, i came after it was taken out :-/
Post by: simstar(98)
2005-02-23 10:11:21
The current attacking system is much better. We should not go back to the old x y coords attacking system. Also i dont think making torps more expensive is the answer, they are expensive enough so that mine grids arent too big a problem. However lowering there attack value to 3 or even 2 would be a good idea to try out.
Post by: simstar(98)
2005-02-23 10:17:12
also ive noticed that battle results have become more random in the recent rounds. What i mean by this is not the results of the battles becoming more random. but the number of ships destroyed is really random. I can remember days when you could predict the rough amount of ships destroyed give or take a few %. One more thing id just like to ask you peter. I remember a long time ago we made it so that by using fed fleet you could only at max double your combat value. I am not sure if this is still the case. I assume it is as i have not seen any changes posted. The one problem i have with this is that when you have lost all your ships it looks like the whole fed fleet defense value is used. Surely this is an error. Not sure what to do about it though.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout