You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SC Development & Design
Thread: sim said it might be 6 months before any changes are made..... thats crap!!!
Post by: jddegraff(43958)
2005-02-06 23:46:13
i just paid for a 6 month membership too! fix the freaking game will you? let me enjoy my six months of membership in a game that at least they try to fix the flaws.
Post by: sparkles(18049)
2005-02-07 05:03:28
Its an interesting thing really. I thort that peters income was mostly derived from these games.

Id say there are at least 10 players who donate to play just SC. I can count 5 players that i know of that i asked that question. so im sure there are more. Just coz its not his fav game doesnt mean we should be punished !
Post by: dwp(51152)
2005-02-07 06:56:23
6 months?

Unless peter is going to jail or making a pilgrimage then there is absolutely no reason why it should take 6 months to implement any of the changes suggested.

Changing the coffer size is as easy as making the 3sec rule the 1 sec rule - take him 10 minutes tops.

Now allowing the highest player to receive fed mins is a simple:

IF player=num1 THEN mins_donated=0

Making the round 1 week instead of 2 is another single variable change.

Making ships harder to destroy is a simple variable.

C'mon we are paying MONEY so that this game can be DEVELOPED - not so that the designer can play his favourite game and ignore us and live off OUR MONEY.
Post by: aeldrin(34951)
2005-02-07 08:48:51
Last chime for the next two weeks.

I guessone question though is whether Peter is going to alter the main SC game ... or create a SC Beta round to experiment with these things first.

In other forum discussions we've chatted about a number of possible changes (I won't go so far as to call them fixes), and we (pretty collectively) bemoaned the fact that the changes were occuring without testing and with the appearance of little input. Admitedly, some of this discussion occured in the old forum and we can't access those.

One of the things that seemed to be the conclusion from those discussions (if I or someone else has time it might be worth it to link to them), was that being able to test the changes first for feedback would be ideal rather than just changing the game itself and having everyone potentially complain.

I guess I don't want to find SC in the situation where every round has different rules. Although I am a payer, I'm not active for the moment so my vote may not count for much right now.

To tie into another topic (which would also be good to link to), I agree that SCT as it is doesn't really work ... heck, only payers can play in it and even then I suspect it is a small subsection of them. In my mind, SCT makes an ideal forum for testing of various things within the game.

Whether the "test" should be open to all players, or just payers is a different question, entirely.

Just my thoughts ... please feel free to agree or disagree ... but post your responses one way or the other.

ATB,
Aladril aka "Ala" aka "Al" aka "Hey you, give me back my mins!"
2005-02-07 09:25:45
I agree with dwp, easy changes really. But im not sure shorter rounds are a good idea...why u ask... well :)

it takes some of the specialness away from the wins and rewards. of u get my meaning. make the sct a longer version i think :)
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2005-02-07 22:40:59
There is no reason to belive that there will be no SC changes in 6 months.

Peter
Post by: cajunman(67645)
2005-02-11 09:22:39
2005-02-11 09:32:54
now hold just a minute..Like peter said he will get to it..voice your concerns but hey, be nice. I can tell you ive tryed 30 different massive multi player games..Ive never found one close to this one flawed or not..There are 4 issues that i see really need attention peter..Torpedoes are the main one. They are way too cheap.People are abusing them. Makes the game sour. Second is the fed feeding. Lets put a limit on fed contributions (minerals) only. Donate all the ships and 10k power you want..But mins should be kept to 40k per fed, per day..thats enough for each player to have some to help him/her start their run. 3rd. Aps should be available for purchase. Donating players should receive more for their money. I donate because i love your game. Its highly addictive. But buying aps would produce and enormous amount of income for your games. 300 aps per day limit.4th..A red poision tag (skull and crossbones) should be placed by my name to warn other empires of the danger involved in attacking me..
Post by: philldodilldo(22259)
2005-02-11 11:52:07
frankly a soft furry bunny rabbit in front of your name would be more appropriate...
2005-02-11 17:29:38
OK, Again.
Regardless of feeding and empire can easily attack, take number 1 and double the score of the empire they took, several failed attacks can again double this score in the last stages of this round. SO feeding 40k mins to one player means they cant do anything, esp on a stuffed board

Just make it that the number one empire on the list cant receive mins or power.... EZY

I like torps they are fine, if you knew about balance in the game as u so rightly keep telling everyone, you would understand, since you dont, we will just let u figure it out... could take some time thou.

yeah lets make it real unfair on the people who dont play. Id like to point out that refreshing and non paying players do contribute (as far as im aware) thru banner payments. sooo, heck lets make it so they dont want to play at all, that would be great - NOT

BTW, 300ap extra a day.. your game played is flawed :) it wont help, tehehhhehehe

i also agree with phills statement, alternatively a hamster would be just as equal warning to players.
Post by: dwp(51152)
2005-02-12 00:03:03
By allowing ap to be bought would only result in the richest player winning.

You may as well just scrap the ap system altogether!

2ap/minute is more than enough - as it is you can get a decent run every day - every 36 hours and you're 500ap running each time.

Would be a nice idea to introduce a wee logo beside everyone's name, tho. Some simple graphics might make the game a bit more fun.

Brighten the place up a bit and allow more control over what people see when they click on your name. I know there is a player page (see mine guys and see what you think, btw) but having a personal picture or something would add greatly to the community I think.
2005-02-13 20:14:57
Now now sparkels lol...you and phil make me feel so good knowing you feel so strongley about me..thanks (hugs)..i will retract my request for skull and crossbones..Peter if you would place a huge freight train symbol by my name..when i get through with notorious tommorrow thats what they are going to think hit them...~Whisper~
2005-02-14 08:51:51
was that the freight train that took all those mins along and gave them to thug? or is this another tomorrow?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout