You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SfP Newbies
Thread: Newbie questions.
Post by: Skarn(80196)
2005-03-14 14:47:47
1. Can I equip/use a missile and melee weapon at the same time (ie, in the same combat) ?

2. Can a Healer fire a missile weapon and cast (Mass) Holy Wrath in the same combat ?

3. Where do I learn new spells ?
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-03-14 20:36:49
1. Yes

2. Yes

--- Note: Combat works with phases, there is a magic, missile and melee phase. Every magic char (Healers/Mages; chars with Named Items that cast, Wands equipped by non-warriors) can cast once in the magic phase.

Every non-ranger can fire missile once in the missile phase. Rangers fire multiple arrows/stones, based on their class skill.

Every char in front that is not a warrior can hit once in the melee phase per round(ie Magic and Melee Phase have only one round, Melee can have many). Warriors can hit multiple times, based on their class skill.---

---Note: Items are equipped in item slots: there are several. There is one Melee weapon slot, one missile, one shield(provided the melee weapon is not a 2-handed one, as at the same time one cannot equip a 2-handed weapon while having a shield equipped) and a armour slot. Additionally, a char can have infinite potions and wands equipped. 10 rings, 2 bracers, 2 earrings, 1 pair of boots, 1 cloak, 1 belt and 3 amulets.---

3. From scrolls. Scrolls are found in dungeons or bought from mages. Thus you can either
a) get them from dungeons(low-level dungeons very seldomly give scrolls, the harder the dungeon the more valuable the reward; this goes for scrolls as it goes for all items)
b) buy them from one of the Magic Guilds in the New World(very dangerous, you'll probably die on the way there)
c) buy them from another party: best option, ask in the chat you'll probably get a reaction;(for a summary of all scrolls read the Manual or check the Ranking)

Hope this helps,

Zeus
Post by: Denoriath(112074)
2005-07-06 19:45:07
Do different weapons have different stats? Like if I have I a War Hammer and a Battle Axe would one or the other make my person hit harder? And if so how do I figure out which one has what stats?
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-07-07 18:05:27
Yes different stats.

Figure it out.

Do a combat against a same type of monster with the one weapon on one of your chars, do one against the same type with the other weapon.

Take up all the hits, and compare it.

Now if you want to really be secure about your statistics, it can get very technical....
Post by: Mardulf(113987)
2005-07-17 03:42:28
well i'm also new to this game, i like it, but the lack of weapon/armor stats is a little bitter. i ran around looking for other weapons found one... and then? nothing because i was thinking.. "oh, well i will just buy this insainly expensiv 2-handed sword, because it will do... uh.. wait.. what exactly will it do? hmm is it even better than my axe? better check out the forum/guide before i make a mistake" and now here i hear "figure it out" hmm so in other words i buy that expensive sword only to find out that it is crap and i wasted good coin on it... oh well sell it again.. uh what? i only got 12 gold for it?? what the hell?

... or something like that ^^. i really think that this game is good, but there is a lack of simple things. hope that will come sometime in the future
Post by: cigmata(367300)
2008-06-10 15:45:21
I'm a noob, and I have to say I like the lack of weapon stats. It's more realistic and "in character." I've never read a fantasy novel where the Dwarven Warrior tests the heft of his new axe and mutters, "Hmmmm . . . 14 damage rating, 82% hit . . . it'll do."
Post by: mob(23502)
2008-06-10 20:13:12
heh! funny! :-)
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2008-06-12 05:29:51
best comment ever, cigmata :D
Would be nice to put it up in a novel.

And Graham, the feroqious Dwarf picks us his Mighty Axe that does a maximum of 20 damage. He swings it and with the +10% bonus for a critical hit he now rushes into the hord of kobolds, who have 15 health each...

and to overdo it even more: but before he gets to them, he has to wait. The kobolds are standing still too. They all wait, for the mages to cas their spells upon the mighty kobolds. Then when a few of them had died, they still didn't charge on our heroes as the archers had a chance to take out a few in the missile phase.

And only then, yes only then after this gigantic slaughtering, they rush towards the mighty dwarf, only to find death by his heavy axe...
Post by: Xarastier(438506)
2013-02-23 03:26:35
I'm a noob who doesn't understand the meaning and effect of "id". What is the maximum number and its effect? Can someone explain this? Also. how can I modify/edit my profile to display my GMT regional time?
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2013-03-03 21:29:45
id?
Where did you see that?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout