You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SfP General
Thread: Peter, here my plea, About Donating and Area Access
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-06-23 23:09:42
Hurray, here I am on the Isle of Sarioger...

My donation run out yesterday...

I tried to enter the two dungeons here. Was not allowed in any of them.

I tried to take the portal back to the surface of the New World. I was not allowed to go that way.

Now hear my plea:

1) I do not see why areas like the Isles, the New World, the Arena, the Astral Fortress, would need to be closed to non-donators. The only parties that will probably ever be strong enough to go there are parties that donate, or parties that have donated. Very rarely they may be a non-donator who gets there...but hey, it will take him months if not years to get there, if he does show such love for the game why then close areas to him?

Peter I know it's probably drastic, but could you please open all the New World areas for non-donators?

2) I have personally seen everything of the game, yet I still like to play it. Now I can do nothing...(save kill some monsters on the surface of Sarioger), I can do no Dungeons and I can't get off the Island.

3) You have said that SfP is a broken game, and that it will not be fixed. The people that donate do it because they like the game, broken as it is. Yet I'm a bit unhappy with the fact that as the game will receive no more development and will not be adapted or expanded that still a lot of areas are still closed to non-donators.

Why not open them? People that donate do it mostly for the ap, not for the dungeons. And people that don't donate and get access to the higher-level dungeons will probably get more encouraged to donate than if those dungeons are closed(ie they will enjoy the game more and will, if they really want to build out their party, donate in order to get something done.

While I know that it's a bit strange, and that with 20 ap an hour there is indeed not that much that I can here in the NW I still hope that you might open it. Currently I see no reason for me to donate to the game again, as I'm not a Die-Hard player (anymore) but I still like it and I enjoy doing a dungeon every now and then.

Cheers,

Zeus
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-06-24 10:49:29
I agree.
Post by: Mad Bear(46310)
2005-06-25 05:05:56
I also agree on opening up the Donating dunguens. It'll attract more people.
Post by: slangi(11441)
2005-06-25 07:30:56
I agree also this would be a wise step for this game
Post by: managerr(74301)
2005-06-25 12:21:11
I just wanted to say I agree, with the exception of opening more old world areas up too. Most of the non-donator dungeons look the same, have the same types of creatures, etc. They can't really experience the cooler stuff of the game until you get better. I know I played SfP only to kill time as a non-donator until my party got good--then I wanted to play more and SfP became my favorite game in the plit portal.
(And the game that got me to donate since I could remain competitive in pretty much everything being a non-donator)
Post by: managerr(74301)
2005-06-25 12:25:00
As a side note, if you wanted to give donators access to more "content" and such, you could have non-donators only be allowed to recruit from the human race and limit their classes to Warrior/Healer/Mage. Something that doesn't matter too much at the very high end and it will leave non-donators wondering about the races/classes they don't have access to.

Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-06-25 19:25:29
Who is Peter?
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-06-25 20:44:56
In my view, all this does is allow experienced players to not have to donate. On top of that, it opens up all the donator dungeons in Old World to new players. Both of those groups gain. Yet the guys in the middle, who thrive on the donator dungeons of OW (not strong enough for NW and like the somewhat closed access to some dungeons so they aren't cleared every respawn) get the shaft in this negotiation. I'm just a guy in the middle.

As a non donator, you get 480 ap per day, plus ability to vote for 5000 more
As a donator, you get 2400 ap per day, plus 5000 for voting

The majority either way is from voting and open to both donators and non-donators alike.

While I sympathize and respect you, Zeus, I think these games need more donators, not less. :( Giving free range of all areas won't get more, I believe. But I could be wrong.

On the other hand, at most it's $7 a month. 1 happy meal. ;)

Cheers
2005-06-26 01:03:24
Hmm agreed.

But as Peter said, SfP will not be developed any more EVER.

(unless there comes a SfP 2)

We probably need something in the middle. I'd like to hear what Peter thinks though.

you're right that it isn't that much, but I have donated 200 dollars in a year and a half. And I must say I enjoyed it, but I'm not ready to spend more on something that holds no more challenges. Liking the game as I may, I won't donate again unless there comes either a big upgrade of SfP or another great game on PLIT. On the other hand, here I sit on an Isle, obstructed of going anywhere.

If peter decides that he will maintain the paying dungeons, at least I hope he will be so friendly as to pick up my party and put me back in the Old World :)

In addition, you say Gatch, that opening the dungeons will not get more donators.

But I believe a lot of players probably drop out when they're tired of doing the four basic dungeons. Some of them go donating yes, but others will quit.

Yet when opening up some more, you might be able to keep their attention longer and the longer they stay with the game the more likely they will donate.

So I say, open up the New World then and leave the dungeons in between locked. Longenduring non-donators can maybe survive in NW(not likely though), while veterans like me can still play the game on a more occasional rate.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-06-26 05:53:27
I wish your dungeons would be incorporated somewhere as I am sure they would be fun :) I too began to make one, but then I found out there would be no more development :(

You are perhaps right on opening more surface will get more donators or if it would make any difference at all.

Either way, you post some interesting points. :)

Quack Quack
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2005-07-03 11:22:45
Hi,

It is probably correct that SfP will not be developped any more in the next few years atleast. The amount of work needed for this game is simply too big as long as I have a full time job besides the games.

As one of the most experienced players ones said 'While this is sad there is still 18 months good solid fun in SfP'.

For a well build highly experienced party it is not all that importent if you get 20 or 100 ap per hour, for new parties of course the extra ap matters alot. The only thing that gets highly experienced parties to donate is the access to extra areas.

Due to the size of SfP and the way the combat system works highly experienced parties actually loads the server alot in the NW areas. This is the main reason the donation requirements for these areas are there and the main reason I am reluctant to remove this requirement.

As you all probably know we really need a bigger server. Letting players access all SfP areas without donating will add more load to the server without getting closer to actually getting a bigger server.

Peter
2005-07-03 19:40:53
Ok, understood. I see what you mean :)

*Phalanx of Zeus wakes up after a good night's rest, expecting to still be trapped between Cyclopses and Gorgons on the Isle of Sarioger* Look, it's my own 40 square meters bed in our Safe Harbor Alliance Building!

Wow! Now who said that miracles did not exist?

*Time for the great home-coming party: "Safe Harbor Burns! The Phalanx is back! Lightning all night long!"
Post by: Kubala(25078)
2005-07-13 23:23:20
And I think I'm safe now that he's in OW. Goooo miraacles!
2006-01-28 02:36:44
Kubala still in the NW? Then you are in a Safe Harbor.
I'm considering donating for one month and travel the word round looking for parties that signed the BoB. :)
Post by: demonlordx(157589)
2006-03-31 09:03:28
Pfff ... does it really matter... Now that I have noticed, on average, only about 10 people are online at a time in SfP. How much extra load can it give to this server if the NW areas were free in comparison to VOW being free. In my opinion VOW just needs a seperate server by itself! It is just too popular (for what reason I don't know, no offence).
Post by: Blitzed(35990)
2006-04-04 09:21:36
As far as server load - I personally think it was a issue before my donate status ran out. When you fight the 4th through 6th levels of Astral. Battles can run into the hundreds of mellee rounds.

I would routinely hid a large stack of monsters and have to walk away from the PC while the battle log loaded. I run DSL ultra high speed so the issue isn't on my end.

Check out some of the Astral battles. You put three or four vets up there and you would likely bring things to a grinding halt.

This coupled with the fact that there was really nothing higher to aim for were the reasons I didn't want to donate any longer.

Oh well - it's still good fun for a good year :)

Post by: demonlordx(157589)
2006-04-07 03:35:20
Hmmm... I see. Well then, if NW is to much for the server, why not just have all of Old World free?
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2006-04-27 00:51:04
Because you're in it, bloody ;)
I'm heading to astral too soon. I hope i survive.

I do wonder though. If i did in the NW (entire party whiped out) would i start over in a NW-town? lol

prolly not, but i might try it out accidentally...

-DF-
Post by: stuartmcg(24189)
2006-10-31 22:36:02
Im in the same boat, my donation ran out and im stuck in the new world. I dont feel i spend enough time playing to warrant donating any more, buti'd still like access to some things on the new world.

Maybe it should be changed to be the same as the old world where you get access to some islands / dungeouns and not others?
2006-11-03 11:04:02
Well this topic has been dead too. I cleared astral before. And here it says i might die there... strange worlds we live in!

Oh, and please tell peter if you want to get teleported back to the OW. Nothing is changing ;)
Post by: liu bei(344226)
2008-01-24 03:04:39
They say its a broken game and wont get any more updates
why dont they make non donaters and donaters and everyone gets access everywhere and 100AP per hour cause 20AP with voting is only like 1.4k AP which is burnt in about 5mins...

i rly like this game i dont have my own bank account if i would i would donate even if it doesnt give me any bonuses

if you make it like that people will find it in their hearts to donate

because right now this game is split into those who pay and those who dont and the gap is getting bigger by the day cause ppl who pay get SO MUCH MORE Ap
2008-01-27 20:37:47
wanne bet you wouldn't donate if you didn't get anything extra? :D
by the way, the gap allreacy IS giganticly BIG :)
Nobody can catch in on Ben, Pash and me :D not even with donation :P lol

Crazy guy :)

And you're forgetting that the donation also gives extra things to the other PLIT-games :)
Post by: denzil(82151)
2008-02-06 05:32:00
well i see a easy fix. Peter could make a Legends list where you Retire just like V.O.W . This way you can go back to the start if you like. or it keeps your party as is and lets you continu to play as a full donater in SFP. Yes you get normal non donater ap but it opens it up to the legends. Since there been there befoer why should they be blocked. its not like they know there way around the world's.

just a thought.
2008-02-07 10:19:23
I fully support that idea, bro!
I started over too many times to hate that idea :)

This time, it's serious! ;)

Can you pressent it to Pete? I love the idea!
2008-02-29 22:34:20
have a chat to LK or Mike from exit light. they have awesome
ideas too. not sure but i think they might have Peters skype so they might be able to ask him.

I am thinking about starting playing it for a bit of fun. some of the dungeons can be tuff. last time i came out of one i had some awesome bounty but i got smashed by trolls sitting on my exit.

so you like the legend table just like the VOW table but the bonus is you can continu on insted of stopping. as a non donater. my point is they have done 99% of the game. so why block them out. if they reach the exp range or have been to sirtan locations the party should be free . even thow it gets the normal ap rate as a non donater.
2008-03-01 07:02:21
I sure like the idea, as i have done pretty much the entire 100% of the game :D haha :P
I've been on every single square in every single dungeon on every single island or world.

I've completed every quest at least once and killed every type of monster, except for the 3 that have been pulled out of the game (they were just an experiment by pete).

I've had every regular and magical item and own or have owned pretty much 80% of the unique named items too...

To be quite honest there isn't much in the gama for me to achieve, so once again, i started over with a new party.

And in a week i'll be ready for the toughest dungeons again...

I don't see why i don't get bored of the game, lol :D
But the donation is making me doupt. I have to extend my donation to be in a location i've beaten several times before... sigh... is it worth it?

/SuEp

Now Ben and Mike... give us your 2 cents too!
Post by: Blitzed(35990)
2008-03-01 14:36:30
Wow - I've been gone for what - 2 years, and your still here Suep. Nicely done. I should come back and kick your butt.
2008-03-02 09:24:06
I've been waiting for someone to do that...
I'm getting bored again :D hèhè

i missed you too, bro!
2008-03-23 04:58:31
well i made a party in sfp. i am now trying to remmber how to set my rules for spells now. ow well
2008-03-23 15:25:56
Haha, finally :)
Just ask in chat if you need help, gold or items :P
I'm around occasionally :D

hèhè

good luck, bro!
Post by: simdevilboy(358847)
2008-04-07 05:54:19
how do i make a town pls let me know
2008-05-19 09:32:45
Did you try "Create Area" on the left, between the links yet? ;)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout