You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: Off Topic
Thread: Benoit's brain was severely damaged.
Post by: Prince Of VOW(270242)
2007-09-05 11:21:22
Source ABCNews.com

ABC News is confirming that tests conducted by Julian Bailes of the Sports Legacy Institute show that Chris Benoit’s brain was severely damaged at the time he murdered his wife and son before taking his own life. According to the tests his brain resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Bailes said that the damage was the result of lifetime chronic concussions and head trauma.

Chris Benoit was famous for his flying headbutt, which is a lot of stress on the brain each time the maneuver is pulled off. While nothing can justify his actions, this at least helps the coping process.

Doesn't justify anything, but it does help when trying to figure out motives or reasons behind it or whatever. Proves that he wasn't thinking straight I suppose.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-09-05 11:28:28
I think we were all pretty certain he wasn't think straight...
2007-09-05 11:29:13
And this proves it
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2007-09-05 11:31:33
Oh my gosh dude! That's so crazy. For some reason I keep thinking about his last match when he did the head butt and Elijah Burke lifted up his knees to his head (Because I have never seen it countered like that before, they usually just move.)
2007-09-05 11:34:59
Thats interesting.. Got the video somewhere? Youtube perhaps?
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-09-05 11:49:11
lol, america
2007-09-05 11:51:49
america??
2007-09-05 11:58:38
"According to the tests his brain resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."

lol.. Have you seen many 85-year old Alzheimer's patients killing their family and themselves? -.-
Post by: Shoottothrill86(176802)
2007-09-05 12:15:15
It doesn't say 85 year old Alzheimer's patients kill their families, it says his brain resembled that of an 85 year old Alzheimer's patient. The point being, since he was not 85 and didn't have Alzheimer's, his brain was in sorry shape.

But since you brought it up...

My grandmother had Alzheimer's and went after my mother with a butcher knife on more than one occasion. Yeah, I suppose stuff like that can happen.

Oh, I would like to point out the ABCNews.com story said nothing specifically about the flying headbutt, that's been added by someone somewhere along the way. The ABC story said that his family now believes what he did was due to brain damage suffered "from years in the wrestling ring".
2007-09-05 12:33:31
Will, yes but have you SEEN any 85-year old Alzheimer's patients killing their family and themselves? o.O
2007-09-05 18:57:02
It doesn't say anything about alzheimers sufferers killing their families does it? Or have I read it wrong? Resembled does not mean that benoit was an ill 85 year old man...
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-09-05 22:19:17
Alzheimer's . it sucks man. i have a unckle that is 82. he was in the war 2. He was all so a heavy wait boxer for his unit. Now he took down 3 male nurses and hit a cop as well. So Alzheimer's can cause this and do it at any time. This is after he put his loveing wife of 50 years on the floor with one puntch. the meds they take are bad and side afects realy suck. my anti still lives with him and loves him. He allso loves her. They sleep in difrent rooms for safty now. Just because your 85 it dont mean you can not kill or cause problems.. its no joke.

I like chriss and still do. its a shame about illness. What he did was wrong i know. I am sure a well man would not have done this fore sure.
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2007-09-05 22:49:26
This is similar to Andre Waters then. He killed himself and his brain was in roughly the same shape. It does sort of prove to me that he wasn't anywhere near sane when those sad actions happened.
2007-09-06 09:37:28
i agree and it normaly happens when they get agatated and have no idea of there own strenght as well. its a prick of a thing to have. yet 90% of the time there ok on there meds. i will miss him but there is always things like people starving in difrent countrys. we are all just a little drop of water in the sea. all we can do is do our best and be nice to each other. things break down . this tests us and makes us better.
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2007-09-09 14:41:50
You do have to note that when police found the bodies, they were already decaying because the home air conditioner was turned off on a hot summer day. Benoit's brain was already turning to mush by then.

Brain damage MAY have been a probably cause for his actions. But it shouldn't excuse him for what he did.
Post by: bla ulv(108040)
2007-09-12 09:24:06
I don't think anyone is saying that it excuses what he did, just offers an explaination for it. It was a very sad thing that happened and I'm sure family and friends that knew him and his family would like to know why or how he could do something like that.
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2007-09-30 14:05:27
I'm going to bump this thread with an explanation about wrestling.

Having been in the wrestling business nearing 3 full years, I have seen ALOT about the industry that I had not known before, or was just assumed but not actually proven in an open forum per say. Like ALL other sporting venues, wrestling is plagued with the "age" factor combined with a strong competition base. It seems to me, that every 10 years, World sports takes a turn on who's guilty of performance enhancing drugs. In the 80's, I remember Olympic events were hit hard a few times on this. In the 90's we saw American Football and Baseball receive a blackeye from steroid use. Now, in the new millennium, the scourge has infiltrated the wrestling ring.

With "marks" entering the business and accepting very little to no pay for the first year or 2 in the business, competition has increased dramatically for professional wrestlers. Indys are leaning to a cheaper workforce these days, driving the professional wrestlers to many extremes to keep on the rosters. Steroids is the cheapest and fastest way to meet this crisis for many wrestlers.

Now, there's only ONE person to blame for the climate changes in the wrestling industry and the subsequent result of steroid abuse in wrestling : VINCE McMAHON. Thats right, good ole Vince. His greed has placed the wrestling community at great risk and the situation has hit critic mass. Being an avid wrestling fan all my life and now indy owner, I have seen it all unfold before me. Vince destroyed the territories, then made wrestling into a Hollywood joke. * Vince's father worked the industry in a time when it was considered distasteful and unprofessional to have Bikini and Bra matches in the show. Wrestling is NOT sex and glamor; Wrestling is NOT a scripted movie flick. OLD SCHOOL WRESTLING is NOT breaking the kayfabe, a never ending fight between good(face) and evil(heel), and entertainment thats usually suitable for all members of the family (like my show lol).

To my knowledge, Vince McMahon is the ONLY wrestling promoter to promote the use of steroids as an industry "standard". His ambitions and greed betrayed the kayfabe when he protected his money at the expense of the industry by publicizing the "secrets and myths" of wrestling.

Unfortunately, good people like Chris Benoit got caught up in Vince's schemes and felt like so many others, that in order to be with the elite, you have to follow their rules, regardless of how insane those rules may be. It's also regretful that I must share with everyone, that "other" promotions are following the same dangerous road that Vince paved for the industry. More deaths due to steroid abuse are expected.

As an owner of an independent wrestling promotion, I hold my self accountable to 2 things on steroid use. 1) I'm not blind, deaf, or dumb. I want to know if someone in my company is using steroids. 2) I am completely against the use of steroids and refuse to work anyone that are currently on the "Vince McMahon Let's get pumped" program. * Exceptions might be made IF someone used steroids in the "distant" past and have seen the light and changed their ways. I do believe in second chances, but that has limits as well.

Post by: Me(316143)
2007-10-12 21:31:26
Steroids ruin the body in ways that are horrifying. They damage the mind just as badly.

I saw a special on them once and was amazed. Money makes people do the worst things to them selfs.
2007-10-13 01:48:38
you know in a way i do belive you must take responsablity for your own actions. I think Vince should be brought into a class action for murder. If he forces his guys\wreaslers to take drugs to be on his show to look like freeks I think lots of his money should be taken off him and given to causes that help the needy. eg drug aditcs or just down on there luck familys. If you all so can prove his links to drugs what is the Feds doing about it. what is congress doing? Should there be a group that drug tests all wreaslers inderpendantly and sets bans on them like Jail?
2007-10-13 11:00:28
Congress: where in the constitution does it say that the government must moderate sports drug abuse?

Vince: he created an environment where steroids where expected but he didn't actually jab the needle into anyone.

In the end the use and insanity brought on by it is mostly on the athletes shoulders.
2007-10-14 02:39:41
Remember the Kingpin LAW. The seller is guilty of manslaughter if the buyer dies from his product(s). If an owner of the only major wrestling show (for many years) assisted in ANY way the distribution of harmful drugs whether by pressure, force, or willful participation of his workers...then he's guilty of murder by assistance/association.
2007-10-14 12:37:39
I agree that some of the blame goes to Vince but I refuse to excuse the wrestlers who decide not to walk away.
Post by: Tee eeN Eee(295379)
2007-10-14 18:24:00
Benoit was wrestling 15 years befor he entered wwe, 5 of these with wcw. im sure any steroid use would have started in this time and not fifteen years into his careera, so why is no one pointing the finger at ted turner or some of the other guys he worked for

Maybe we the fans should take responsiblity for his death too If we are gonna blame vince, if we didnt like the "steroid junkie" wrestlers then vince wouldnt have encouraged it so much.

I think its real real sad the benoit will be remembered by 80% of people as the wrestler who killed his wife and son, instead of for his great in ring ability. He was a great in ring wrestler, and along with angle, the best technical wrestler the wwe has had in the last 10 years in my opinion.
Post by: crowell(326232)
2007-10-15 00:09:55
Ok heres the deal. The night Chris and his family died someone at the WWE got 2 text from different phones saying the same thing. Lets think here why in the heck would Chris send a message twice from 2 different phones. I have respect for him and believe that someone else was there. Yeah him and his wife didnt get along cause of their son but i dont believe he would take theirs and his life. The cops are forgetting something i just cant figure out what the have missed. None of it makes sence to me.
2007-10-15 16:29:26
Also remember this, in one of his last matches, his opponent didn't counter the flying headbutt right. He lifted his knees and Benoit landed his head on them. Maybe that was part of the whole picture. It's possible that Benoit received head trauma that wasn't checked, along with the other issues in his life made for a bad scenario.

I personally know a professional wrestler who's currently in TNA...that recently had silicone bags implanted in his arms and chest...to keep the muscle tone without having to resort to steroids. This person has been around a LONG time, and still chose to recently do something drastic to stay competitive at the top level (appearance). Knowing this, it's quite possible that after 15 years, a person chooses to use steroids to keep the appearance that everyone is expecting.
Post by: The Crow(326452)
2007-10-16 01:24:49
Thats true he did hit wrong and he could have done steriods but i dont see that they have a big part of this. He has went through alot in his career with the WWE. And he probably has been doing steriods for a long time. So if he was going to kill himself or his family he would have done it a long time ago. Alot of sports people take steriods and i only heard two major deals about them. So the police are retarded and need to look more into it. The police are getting too lazy now a days. If they would let me into the house and look i bet you i can find something wrong with the picture. They made a big deal of it for a couple weeks and now people dont care. Thats crap a murder isnt done until they get all facts straight and can prove who did it.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-10-16 05:03:29
Benoit murdered his wife + son - end of story!

Why he did it, what caused him to do it is ALL IMMATERIAL - they are all still dead!

He should rot in hell for it (if there is such a place) as should all those who hace culpability in this case.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2007-10-17 01:13:58
is there any footage of this counter where he hit his head? i'm intrigued
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout