You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Totally useless Tag Team interface
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-05-18 11:13:39
I've been griping in private about this since tag teams were made, but I'm airing it in public now because I can't believe I'm the only one that finds the current tag team page useless.

If you click on view all teams, you get a list of nearly 10,000, yes, that's 4 zeros, tag teams. There is currently NO WAY to search this list, and posted challenges don't allow you to click on the opposing team to view their stats and members. If I'm challenged by tag team # 4567, am I seriously expected to estimate which of the 6000 pages team 4567 appears on and then click all over the place until I find them? What if I know the name of the team, but not the number? Good Luck trying to find them!

Please make this searchable on a number of parameters:

-Tag number
-Team name
-Number of members
-average XP of members
-Highest/lowest league represented on the team
-Wins/Losses
-Activity (most useful would be by the least active member)

Please? This is something that should have been put in during the intitial design.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-05-18 12:03:28
Doug. I am confused. I thought you were the designer :S

I agree with you 100%.

I am also starting to suspect that any handicap match with a LAW on one side, the LAW always is the first one in the ring.
2005-05-18 21:23:46
I am a designer yes, but this is something that Peter did by himself that I have been urging him to change since there were over 100 tag teams (I'm more of an ideas guy, not a practical guy). However, it hasn't gotten up to the top of his priority list, so I'm hoping that by getting public backing, it will move a bit higher.

If tag teams are searchable, I think they will be used a lot more than for just spontaneous rumbles. I also agree with your observation about LAWs starting first.
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-05-18 22:45:05
Also I think that non-existant tag teams should be automatically disbanded (i.e where one party no longer exists.) That would lower the number that would exist which if I'm not mistaken would make VOW run more efficiently.

I agree also that the Tag Team page should be make more user friendly.
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-05-18 23:55:01
Well, putting the search function to the side for a moment. In my estimation the tag team division in VOW overall isn't that active. When you take out the rumble matches, a few e-fed type matches here and there, and the novelty act for the LAW's, then you hardly have anybody using the actual tag team "2 vs. 2" system all that often. This, in my opinion is the biggest problem with the tag division.

That's why I propose the idea of implementing a tag team tournament. Maybe just have it in the SSWO division at first to test it out and such. A tournament like this would add a hell of a lot more incentive to the 2 vs. 2 system once again, and adding an "experience gained" system for actual teams would be a good idea as well. Your wrestler will obviously still gain the experience in the match, but the net experience will also be added into your tag team pool. Hell, this would be another option to add into the search feature Doug is talking about.

So, even if Peter can just implement it into a BOS type event for a test run to see how the server handles it, then I don't see any real reason why this couldn't be added into the mix either.
Post by: Jaysen Chambers(46756)
2005-05-20 02:34:34
Yeah, I would love to see these things added into the game. It would make the tag team division more active, especially if the tag team page had the teams stats on the exact page rather then finding each members statistics on individual pages. Also it would be nice if team experience came into key whereas if one team has had 10 tag matches, 7 wins, 3 losses.. they would fair better then a fresh tag team would. Just my two cents.
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2005-05-20 15:45:59
I agree, the tag team interface is pretty bad :(

Peter
Post by: The ShowStopper(87233)
2005-07-06 15:18:36
This isn't really relevant to the original question, but I also think that with tag teams with two or more ppl inolved in ateam, there should be more frequent tags. I read that someone was complaining about not enough tag team matches. Well of course no one wants to be in a tag team match if there aren't any tag's. This is one of the biggest problems with tag teams, they are generally just based around one person.
2005-07-06 20:39:44
What needs to be done is that the tags need to be made much smarter. A guy that gets his rear handed to him and tags out isn't going to tag back in after his partner does 3 moves, but that's exactly what I've seen happen.
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-07-07 02:57:43
yes it sucks when it does that or when u just have 5 man tag teams and both teams dont tag out so its basicly a 1 on 1 i have seen that alot
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout