You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Bleh!
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-03-03 19:32:41
I just thought I would make a thread on why me and about 5 of my friends from school, all SSWO's or PWO's found VOW losing it's... umm... passion. Just a list of my friends (credibility purposes):
Me, Matt Hardy Version 1
The Und3rtaker
Randy Killer Champ
Doin It 619 Style
Fat Kung Fu
W0rd LiFe

VOW was a game we loved. When we started out, we were hesitant... only in LAW and slowly learning the basics, making mistakes etc... like accepting any challenges and always fighting in cages. Eventually, we started to establish ourselves as good players, now playing at every chance we could, whether at school, or at home, visiting someone's house, anywhere. Slowly we climbed our way up the steep Experience ranking, learning more and more. People were there to fight, people who were like us, played all the time. But strangely... those people were gone... Scott Free... gatcholio... Ghetto Q... just to name a few. But we were doing good, and climbed up past people, and reached the top 100, and had a whole heap of challengere worthy to fight. Me, randy killer champ and Und3rtaker kept rising the ranks, until we were in the top 70... top 60... and finally our goal, the top 50. But then we stopped learning. There was nothing to learn, as we had gone past our young LAW days... and now were big PWO's and stick in the crap hole of the 40s and 50s. We had nothing to do. Accept Challenge... Make Challenge... eventually, we got sick of the same thing. All matches lasted less than our browser's window, and were mostly just submission victories. So we did all we could... nothing. We stopped playing.

So now you understand what it is like to be one of the people we were, I hope you understand the suggestions I am putting forward...

VOW needs a extend. I know you don't have the time and things like that, and respect that but unless you want VOW to get interesting again... it will need more time and effort inserted. What do we need? VOW 3. People get bored because the game is repetitive, and once you have escaped from LAW, SPWA and PWO, there is nothing to aim for. The tites are dominated by the person with the most real life money. The challengers are getting thinner, it's hard to find fights. There needs to be a new challenge. To change the way it works, it needs interactivity. Interactivity creates more and more options, letting people do what they want to build their character.
Interactivity Suggestion #1
Signature Move
This would be a simple thing, very much like the specials. Instead of being overpriced and hard to get, this will be hard to buy. How it works...
Move Name: (the name of your move)
Move Description: (self explantory)
Move Difficulty:
Hard
Medium
Easy
So when you choose the different types, it has the different damges for each... so Hard to do is High damage, while being expensive. Pretty much self-explantory. How can these moves be implemented with the current system?
Simple. Add a new attribute called Charisma. Charisma is the basis for Signature moves. Charisma is around the middle-ish of how you want your stats, as charisma is mostly needed in a wrestler's career. So if your charisma is high, you will have more chance of hitting your signature moves!

Mored suggestions to come... hand cramps from typing.
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-03-03 23:21:15
Signature moves would be kewl to have!!! :)
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-03-04 01:37:02
Any game will get boring if you play it enough. Custom made moves are a possiblity for a VOW3 but will not be implemented for this version.
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-03-04 12:55:28
"Any game will get boring if you play it enough. Custom made moves are a possiblity for a VOW3 but will not be implemented for this version."

Not really.. There is a soccer manager that ive been playing for about 4 years and i still play it and enjoy it.

Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-03-04 17:38:51
All I am doing is suggesting ;)

Suggestion #2
Healing
This would be a small thing, but could be a pivitol part of your match. When you hit one of your best moves, and your oppenent has a low damage, you will have time. Within in this time, your character can heal. It's like doing a move, but instead of doing damage, you heal your own. To determine your "Resting Damage", your consionous will be used as if it was a move stat. So LAW's will have low Con stats, and only heal small amounts. Meanwhile, high SSWO's with high con will gain more Con when they heal.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-03-05 02:17:43
I've always felt that healing at least should occur among tag partners (the one that's not in). I am against proportional healing, however. Healing should be a set range of con. That way, lower level characters actually get more benefit than higher level characters. The way you propose would make it even more impossible for lower wrestlers to ever beat a higher wrestler.

The healing concept could be combined with some "worthless" moves like the monkey flip and dragon leg screw, in that these low damage moves could be considered "delaying moves," in that they allow your wrestler to escape danger and heal a bit as well. New low damage moves could be added to increase the amount of healing moves available.

In VOW 3 of course.
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-03-06 00:01:38
Other suggestion: Taunting- Sets up for a finisher, move auto makes you attempt one of your finishers, but is very rare to occur. If move succeeds auto pin. Other effects- Increased damage with finisher/ counter.(Given to all players.)
Post by: Compaq(76990)
2005-03-22 09:02:33
You should join a fed... fun. Anyway yeah I guess people that are willing to pay that much money are going to be the dominating ones... there are two ways to settle this in my opinion... the first I don't like.

Make this game all a requirement to pay like $5 a month (Which'll suck)

OR

yeah make a VOW 3 I guess =P lol.
Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-03-22 17:43:11
VOW3 shouldn't take over as I have worked hard to make my VOW2 character really good (I have not spent a single cent, it has been pure work) and I'd hate to lose Tajiri.

I totally agree with MHV1 however, and as one of his school friends (glares at MHV1... I obviously wasn't included because I still play).
Post by: Nethaven(53734)
2005-03-28 21:03:47
My sudgestions: Maybe have unlockable moves? And also special moves that only Aerialists can do or only Power Grapplers can buy. Also maybe if nobody minds new wrestlers when creating their character start off with no moves at all (And can't send matches until they get at least 5) and start off with 12k dollars. Althrough that ssounds a lot most of the moves we start off with would probably be like that. So you can buy what move you want your wrestler starts off with. After you're done you are given 500 dollars and then you can do the gym feature and all.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout