You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Staff section to be reconstructed
Post by: Gravedigger(270785)
2007-10-16 06:06:58
This thread is written for all those ppl who are annoyed by staffers (I'm one of them). The staff section should be reconstructed in some manner so that it doesn't give you advantage all the time, but only temporary. Here's what I had in mind:
Docs - If you have serious injury after a match, you can pay docs to heal any of the damaged stat, or speed up your R&R.
Match Coach - Match coach will help you to make most of your moves irreversible and to make combos (Move1, followed by move2, etc.). This way he might boost a stat related to a move (Aerial Move = Aerial stat Bonus, etc.)
Physical Trainer - Trainer will help you temporary by boosting one of your stat over your current one. This is a stat bonus, but doesn't effect moves.

this way, ppl will be less annoyed, the game would improve, and this option won't be a thing to be moaned about.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-10-16 06:11:23
Please elaborate further on the concept of "temporary".
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2007-10-16 06:15:01
My suggestion would be to only allow level 2 doctors in tournament and for other match types let you set what staff you will accept from... If you have it set where you'll accept only doctors then when you try to accept someone with full staff it'll say, "Sorry, but player has above your accepted level of staff, you cannot accept this match."
2007-10-16 06:17:45
Temporary - can last a couple of matches, until you get injured. It's like giving injection to an injured player in Football Manager 2007.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-10-16 06:46:12
The Staffing Limit for accepting matches is a good idea - as long as it works both ways. This means that if you set your staff limit at Docs 2 only, it means that people won't be allowed to accept your challenges either if their staff is set higher than your limits.

(I'm sure that's what Bret Hart (73101) meant, but it wasn't really specified)

It would also have to work so that if somebody with Docs 1 or no staff at all (ie beneath your limit) challenged you/accepted your challenge, then that would be fine too.

Tourneys - as long as the UPPER Staff Limits are set and everybody knows what they are when joining a tourney, then that is fine too. (Which is no different to now seeing as most players know the upper limit is currently FULL STAFF in tourneys)

However, as far as tourneys go, I can't see this being practical. What happens when a Tourney Round starts and a few wrestlers have their staff set above the limit? Will the system automatically reset their staff to the limit? Will they be 'disqualified'/eliminated from the tournament? The coding nightmares invovled in this would be astronomical as well as the complaints from wrestlers who get DQ'd going through the roof (especially in LAW)

I can't see how Gravedigger's suggestions for Coach + Trainer will improve matters to be honest - it just seems like a variation on the current theme which will not address the Staffing issue - people will still get annoyed by those who utilise this facility, whether it is temporary or not
2007-10-17 05:19:08
Well, DMD, my concept for staff has its price listing, but that price listing is up to mods and Peter. My point was to show to people that staffing of any sort won't be cheap as is now (just giving your match earnings to staff), but must be rational and well thought about consequences. I.e. Trainer can enhance your stat, but there's a risk of greater damage to Vital Life or stats than normal. Coach can show you some moves, but this can make your other moves reversible (easier to counter by your opponent). The only good staff to be used is Doctors, they will do miracles if you sustain massive damage, and can speed up your R&R after mass damage. Also, all these benefits are void if you get one of your stats injured (not for docs, they're defensive staff).It'll be hard to write code for the game, but then again, it's worth trying...
And no, there won't be disqualification if you're using a staff over limit (at least not in the first round), you'll just receive warning (or yellow card) for that. If you ignore it, then you'll be DQ, win or lose the next round.
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-10-18 04:48:40
or just leave it and add a box on your char sheet stating your staff level. Then the ownus is back on you to check. This is how its allways been. if your trying to keep a perfict recored you will need to look at players histry to see if he or she runs full staff. my motto is to keep it simple. Just add in a box with your staff level. so when players look at you they see docs 2 etc.
this is what the player list is for. you can add a coloum with the staff numbers. like 2\2\2 or 2\0\0 or 0\0\0 as a eg. the first is docs.

I if i enter a torny i always run full staff because i want the win and the pay check. Tuff if players dont like it dont enter torneys if its too tuff for you. play to win and play hard. This is a wreasling game you know. we should not have to be politcal corect all the time.

Denzil
2007-10-19 08:19:46
That sounds like you're desperate to win. If you're better than most of the wrestlers, you don't need any of the staff. And like I said before, full staff is just a waste of cash. I managed to defeat some of full staffers before, and I'm not desperate to win. Hell, I even managed to defeat a guy who had almost double of my Exp. If you're better than me, then OK, I admit it. But most of the time I lose to a-hole who is underdog compared to me, that's annoying me, Denzil. He gives me massive stat damage that I can't R&R. Besides, tourney's are my only source of income, cuz I just don't have time to challenge people and wait their response.

Oh, and if this is a wrestling game like it should be, then it's way limited. I see more match types on WWE and TNA than here. I agree on the "political correct" thing, but there's a dark side to playing hard in this game...
Post by: camilorios26(228307)
2007-10-19 22:57:43
"I see more match types on WWE and TNA than here", YOU REALLY SAID THIS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If someone havent explain you, all the six match types (including rumbles) on VOW are the bases of all the matches in WWE or TNA

For Example, a Hardcore Match is a Single Match with one variation, you can use weapons, but you can win by pin or sub

The Elimination Chamber is a Rumble

The Money In the Bank is a Ladder Match

The First Blood Match is a LMS

But if you want to fight more type matches go to an e-fed and there you can roleplay and imagine that you are Cena in WWE or Samoa Joe in TNA
2007-10-19 23:02:19
And I think that all the players are desperates for win a tourney, it give you a lot of money and fame; even Mad Max, Will Rumble or Darklord use full staff at tourneys
2007-10-20 05:04:34
Camilorios, you misunderstood me. Hardcore match isn't a variation of a single match (pins and subs count anywhere, not just in the ring), Elimination Chamber is actually a match like Royal Rumble, but with 6 wrestlers (2 starters, and 4 to be randomly selected), First Blood match ends with blood on your head, NOT on the rest of the body. You're right for the Money in the Bank match, but you forgot there's 6 wrestlers in the ring, not 2. And if you want me to believe full staffing pays-off. send me a msg on VOW after every tour round, including your starting balance. Conditions: Full Staff for every Tournament and Title match played.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-10-20 11:33:55
The staff system isn't broken, so why change it?

If players want to staff in tourneys, they've paid for that right; moral or not. If you don't like it, then save yourself the money and don't enter, simple as that.
2007-10-20 12:16:16
I just said that those matches has a similar system, for example in the Elimination Chamber you end with pins or subs, in the VOW rumble is the same thing
2007-10-22 06:23:31
That's it!!!! I'm detaching!!! I'm tired of this... Screw you all!!!!
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-10-22 06:50:38
Somebody put those toys back in his pram for him will you
2007-10-22 19:06:36
Great, bye!!!!

One N00B less
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-10-23 10:36:37
i have fought in tounys for just money with normal staff. ask max etc i have even won a touny with 0 staff because i for got. its no big deal. if you want the belts well step on in the ring. if not well ! see you out in the normal ring where its safe.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout