You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: First Non-Donator Retires!
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-03-25 02:20:47
Well, it's official. I finished it off today just after 01:00 server time. I got sick of losing tournaments I feel I should have won. Can't say why I needed to win one, since I had plenty of money at the end anyway. Just would have ended it a lot closer to one year.

So it can take about a year to retire a wrestler without donating. It took me about a year and two weeks. Not really every day playing, but most days. Week or two off here and there, and that long month break I took last summer. Anyway it isn't too hard to do.

So just a few thanks to some of you guys who really helped me along the way:

Bubba and Hick Bob - Around 500 matches with the two of you. Lot of matches and a lot of losses for me. It was a lot of money and then fame and exp when I did win. Although when I started beating you both a lot more, you both retired. You guys said you were tired of waiting for me, but it's ok I know you guys just got scared of how good I was getting. Just playing. Oh and thanks too for making me actually feel young on the internet.

Coney and BD - Another couple hundred matches with both of your two main wrestlers. BD was the original VOW ATM machine, and Coney was just Coney. But I could always count on you guys accepting matches and helping me get rid of all my ap.

Thorondor, CT, Fritz, Wiking, Cone, DOM, SJS, Joe, Omega, and Harold - Face it, once you Bubba and Hick Bob retired, you were the crew that got hit with all my hit and run challenges. I think maybe my last 500 exp was from all of you. Some more than others, but still the only way I was gonna get here was leaving matches to see who would accept whenever.

Wiking and DOM - Special two shoutouts to you guys for the motivation to not let you guys be the first non-donators to retire. First it was DOM, to pass him in exp and moves. I did that and then Wiking posted his moves left. I saw he was close to me, so I really stepped up the move buying. Not like I didn't have the cash anyway.

Wiking, Gwaihir, Dex, Brian, Bard, Dr. Nick, Jaysen, Zagam, Vega, Joker, Pat, JLJ, Ocelot, Orton, Coney, Goblok, Harp, Capt Stupendous, and LSE - What is left of the SSWO Techs. I didn't get to face all of you, and just some of you a couple times. But you are left to what used to be something that was rare. A group of high exp Techs. Back in the day there were four of us and a few ones behind us, now there is plenty. Tech tourney runs almost back to back now. It used to occur once a month if we were lucky. So that was one of the many things I was/am happy about, a real Tech division. So good luck to you guys with that tourney, you just got a huge advantage today. Oh and if I missed anyone, or anyone get's promoted by the time I finish this, I am sorry. I did my best to get you all in. Techs are the greatest.

Sham and WK - The fallen warriors, but two guys who basically got me on my way in VOW. Sham just because he was the true Tech example, basically my mentor persay in VOW. And of course WK for always outranking me in exp but always somehow letting me beat him and thrash him at times. That was a lot of how I got up the ranks at the beginning.

KOVOW - Thank you for teaching me the meaning of noob bashing. I hope you are happy with this now, and can have a bigger ego once again.

Mods and Staff - Thanks for the fun game, not hard to say that I love wrestling and wrestling games. Thanks for also keeping it a clean environment, it is much needed. That bonus voting increase of 100ap really helped and was needed with all the healing in the end. And regardless of what anyone says, the game is great the way it is. Oh and don't change Sub/Pin please, even though I lost more matches than I won at the end because of this, it should stay the way it is. I just wish you would have let me stay a Tech, but nah it is ok.

Just for friends, and people I have had a good time with on VOW, wow just way too many to list. Hundreds of people, missing and currently playing. Don't get upset if I didn't mention you, I would go through the list but I am tired of typing right now. Anyway, thanks to you all. When I would get tired of VOW after BoS and other things, it was all of you that kept me coming back just because you are all cool cats.

So I guess that about wraps it up. Thanks again I basically guess to every VOW player, past present and future. You all helped in your own way to this milestone. Good luck to you all, and have a good one. I have to go deal with the full staffing of LAW for a few weeks, but I will be back up top in due time. From the first words my first day in LAW, to my last ones atop SSWO and VOW:

It's gonna go down mob style!
Post by: Sargeant Rob(21584)
2005-03-25 03:03:33
Congratulations!!! I thought it would never happen for a non donater!

I thought Rincewind was a non donater to.

Your a real legend :D
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-03-25 03:12:32
Cheers Mistah, good job...but now I have someone less to send matches too :)

Anyway, good luck on your new career and Aerialists rule! (Techs too...)

Thorondor Gwaihir Landroval
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-03-25 03:27:41
upset u didnt mention me HA!!!!!!!! i am happy its nice to be ignored now and again releses the pressure of greatness
2005-03-25 03:46:27
Rincey did.

King I left you out just so you would say that.
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-03-25 04:14:41
Congratulations on the retirement Sped. I faced you quite a few times, and more often than not...I was the one getting schooled. Either way, I enjoyed every battle we had. ;)

I wish I could have been on earlier to have that final match with you man, ah well....just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Who knows, now that you're retired, maybe I'll finally have my chance to shine as the SSWO Technical champion. A title you've denied me so many times in the past. At least I still have Wiking on my tail though. :P

Again, congratulations....and good luck with your climb back to the top. I'll see you around on VOW, and I can't wait to step back into the ring with ya. ;)
Post by: BubbaG(33460)
2005-03-25 06:30:00
All I gotta say is

About Time :)

Seriously congrats. You helped me out quite a bit. And I took my share of lumps coming up from you. Good Luck in LAW land, (its like the 9th level of hell)
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-03-25 06:43:35
Heh, Well done mate : )
Ill hopefully retire in less then 2 months :D

Almost there : )
Post by: Sargeant Rob(21584)
2005-03-25 07:28:00
LAW is hell.. LoL watch out for those staffers :P
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-03-25 08:58:57
1 year?

Damn you suck!

:) just kidding, congrats
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-03-25 17:12:41
Congrats Speddles! I know I messaged you after being you're final match, but I just wanted to post on here aswell.

Only a "few" aerialist legends to contend with :)
Post by: Coneman(325)
2005-03-25 17:30:46
Congrats Speddles!!

When I started reading the thank yous, was thinking oh god no he's not gonna leave as well =/

"and Coney was just Coney."

*thinking*

Dont think being coney is a good thing o.O
Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-03-26 22:41:01
WOOOO!!!! Probably the only SSWO not mentioned there but it's fine *wipes away tear*

Congrats Speddles, you give us non-donaters hope!
2005-03-27 20:53:43
Thanks guys. I guess it is still hard to get matches even down at the bottom. Staffing hasn't reached all 2's so maybe the new people are catching on.

And as for you Coney, you're know we are cool. I have dealt with those "special" lyrics coming from you.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2005-03-27 20:59:08
:D

Deep and meaningful lyrics ;)
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-03-28 21:01:23
Once again, 'gratz Speddles. looking forward to seeing you back in SSWO land in....4 or 5 months, when I am going to be in your position of "Just let me go already!" :)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout