You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Stat Damage
Post by: yar(35506)
2008-04-28 10:07:22
It could just be my imagination but it seems that the parameters of the game have changed a little when it comes to the amount of stat damage people are getting in matchs and how much it cost in the gym to heal these damages.

Now i said it might just be my imagination, and it might be, but i dont think so, because both me and my wife have noticed it, you hear other people in chat talking about it in chat. So I think it is real.

Why the change I wonder, maybe not as many people play VOW and even less people are donating, and peter is trying to get more people to donate at a already inflated cost for buying AP. I know Peter has expenses involved with running this game, server cost etc... But since the numbers are down, making the game harder by using up more of peoples AP to heal, and less Ap to fight matchs with, seems like shooting yourself in the foot.

We need more people playing the game, and if they are using most of their Ap to heal with and can only fight a few matchs a day, they will just go else where for their gaming needs. it is not like VOW is the only wrestling game out there, and the competition is set up so you can fight matchs alot more ofton.

This is the best wrestling game online, and I will never abandon it for any other wrestling game, but the stat damage and what it cost to heal in the gym needs to be addressed or the current donators, might not want to continue to donate if the majority of the AP they buy is being spent in the gym.

Just some thoughts from a concerned player.
Post by: gwojtak(123749)
2008-04-28 10:40:21
I don't think you're imagining it either. I used to pay between 1-6 AP each time to heal one stat damage (maybe with the exception of Con damage). Anymore, I am paying between 7-12 normally, and then the occasional higher spike into the 20 or even 30 range, and sometimes, less frequently into the "old" range, between 1-7. That is very rare, though.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2008-04-28 13:00:48
I guess I must not have been paying attention, since I haven't noticed the change. Please contribute to Ben's data collection thread. We won't be able to prove a trend since we don't have data from the past, but we will eventually be able to establish an average cost for raising stats.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2008-04-28 14:14:43
I have also found that stat increases have become more and more expensive. Sometimes it costs me as much as $1000 to heal 5 con (at $200 average per point). Whether this is the system averaging out finally or not is something which needs to be seen.

And thanks for the cheap plug Rob :) Hopefully when Joe retires this week, I can get a lot more data, and hopefully some other stat related goodies (got a theory, just need the evidence).
Post by: Impacter(343349)
2008-04-29 22:20:53
I don't think I have played long enough to say anything big but from what it cost with my oldest guy campared to now is a little more. And I do agree that ap needs to be spent less on gym stats. I get few fights a day sometimes only 1 or 2.
Post by: heineken14(359357)
2008-05-01 00:14:15
First off, let me say I love playing this game. This is my first text based game and I ejoy it alot. That being said I agree that the AP cost/drain is incredible and can severely limit a guys playing time ( you can only vote so much). I donate and still end up burning alot of AP just on healing and leveling my toon up. I know everything is supposed to be ramdomly generated but there are too many occasions where you can spend huge chunks of AP in the gym and get nothing in return but less AP.
2008-05-01 07:11:26
You have to think about it like this. When you wrestle (or do any sport), you get injured, from basic cuts to broken bones. The smaller injuries are the cuts and cost 1-10ap to fix, depending on the number of stitches you need. The ones with 20 or more AP to heal are the bone and major muscle injuries. They require a lot of time to heal and so take up your AP more.

It's not a perfect way of looking at it, but I still urge players to contribute to my data collection thread. Hopefully we'll soon get some more evidence and see if it's just isolated bad luck, intentionally spread propaganda induced by a veteran who is trying to get his own back on the game for being rejected, or if Peter has actually tinkered with the system.
2008-05-01 08:52:08
what does this mean lol

"Hopefully we'll soon get some more evidence and see if it's just isolated bad luck, intentionally spread propaganda induced by a veteran who is trying to get his own back on the game for being rejected, or if Peter has actually tinkered with the system".
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-05-01 09:07:50
A couple of minor details regarding this topic + the data collection thread

Most people will probably only post on the Dat Collection thread when they have to use a sizeable chunk of AP to repair Stat Damage - just human nature really.

Personally speaking, I can't recall the last time I had to use more than 10/15AP to heal anything more than 2 Stat damage - and it is usually below 10AP every time

Secondly, I find it difficult to believe that Peter has been online, let alone tinkered with the system :P (His last access as Wolverine - if that is anything to go by anyway - was March 29th)
2008-05-01 10:19:07
I dont know if there is any validity to this thread or not, I have heard alot of people complain, and it did seem like I was getting injured more ofton than in the past, but everything is random so it could have just been bad luck.

But it does seem like I get injured more ofton than I use too.

And peter made this game to make money, lets not forget that, and if not as many people donate any more, then I can see peter tinkering with the system to try and make more money, I dont see his motivation as a bad thing if that is his reason, if he did anything at all.

And who knows if he did do anything. lol the people that were complaining were the ones that the gym was hard on. I know I have spent over 100 Ap to raise one stat before but that has been rare.
2008-05-02 06:12:47
It wasn't directed towards you Ray. One player constantly PM'ed me complaining that the gym was unfair. (Edited out the last part, the truth might cause offense)
2008-05-02 08:59:08
Oh ok bud, I did'nt think it was directed to me, but was curious.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout