You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: General
Thread: Mod's Emails
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2007-06-20 16:46:30
Sorry to sound so rude, but does anyone know how often mods check the email account? I had sent an email last Saturday about my chat ban, with all the information about my account. Then I recieved an email saying that it will be check and answered between 12 and 24 hours. But still, I do not have a email from them, and am getting worried that if I send another, I will be called a spammer by their account.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-06-20 18:09:14
Have you tried to use your chat lately?
2007-06-20 18:14:27
No, But now it does work, LK, you must have some magical mental powers. I mean I tried it last hour and it didn't, and I read your post, retried it, and it works :)
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-06-20 18:36:38
wow magick!!!!
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-06-21 08:44:24
rember guys. emails get done. but it takes time. and if you happen to be the email mod and get sick. lol well it looks like the ppl that got band are in a holding circal . lol it can not be helped. Since i have left the center every thing has been going fine. some times a hickup can happen. so rember some times its not always about your self. If you stay out of trouble in the first place you will not have this problem. lol funny that staying out of trouble. as if! lol

Denzil
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-06-21 09:57:38
I disagree Denzil it can be helped. I keep hearing more and more people complaining about the mods not doing there job and answering emails. Mods agreed to provide a service and if they are not doing it then maybe they shouldnt be a mod. It is bad enough that the mods want us to do most of there job, report this and when you do take a screen shot, and provide all this info so we dont have to look it up.
But most people think the mods are there to service players, when really all mods are there for is to keep people out of peters hair. The mod system is broke and needs fixed. Do I blame the mods? No not as a whole, but the sytem the mods have to operate in is flawed. If a person loses their chat for example, they should get an email stating what they did that was wrong and the time of their punishment. But that wont happen. lol
Post by: bla ulv(108040)
2007-06-21 14:06:18
staying out of trouble isn't that hard, I have been playing for how long now and have yet to get a suspension. But I know that there is one player that lost his chat over three weeks ago, and has yet to hear from the mods as to why and for how long. This I'm sure you can agree is ridiculous, I have nothing against the mods, I'm sure they are trying their best to do an overwhelming job. But the fact remains that the system is broke and needs fixed. I still think that it might be a good idea to give out assignments to each mod and then that is what they are responsible for dealing with, it might help with the overwhelming part too.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-06-21 14:15:21
You can get suspended even if you're staying out of trouble.
Post by: JopeBow(66329)
2007-06-21 23:11:29
I've never been suspended either... well apart from that one time i called scorp a nazi after calling the pope one... oh and that time i called some kid a stoopid noob... others i dont actually know why i got suspended... they didnt tell me! so i agree with ray :-p
2007-06-21 23:34:39
Thanks Joe:)
2007-06-22 03:12:05
Well I guess that the e-mails will get ignored if people fail to follow what's asked of them here
2007-06-22 05:29:09
Wow. How cool mods do we here. -.- Ignoring e-mails and such.
2007-06-22 06:41:02
Hi all.

When I inherited the mod center there was just me. So I drew up plans and hired my new group of main mods. I spoke with Peter over this. Then we the group of main mods took on different responsibilities. Then we came up with some protocols to deal with player problems. Some times we had to go back to the owner to get things perfect and running the way he liked. We try our best to follow Peter’s whishes. One of the protocols is the screen shot. This is not perfect but it does show we as mods are taking due care in our jobs. To improve efficiency in the mod center it was decided to set up a new protocol that players need to follow to get there chat back. LK has posted the link. The center is not broken as you put it. It’s just that players need to learn the new protocols and help the mods. Do not blame the center if players do wrong and do not follow the right procedures to get chat back.

Why are they coming to you when there is a perfectly good center that has rules stated and its clear on what is needed? If they did not break the rules in the first place they would not need the mod center. It’s not a perfect world I know. So if you would not mind Ray send them on to the center and give them the link to help just incase they don’t understand. Thanks.

Now you all know and are sick of me saying it. These mods have lives to and can get ill or have accidents. P.S Bud gets well soon! So if this happens it can be a brake down in the email chain but this will be resolved soon with my replacement in the mod center. I am sure he will be more fluent in typing in English and do an awesome job too. P.S good luck out there it’s a tuff crowd to keep happy. So yes mods do get replaced due to illness or just a time off for real life stuff. It’s not like any one knows the roster of the mods any way. So when you have been in the center you will know.

New tools for vow. When they come you will see them. Don’t ask me because I am not in the loop no more. This post is more about what I know because I set it up. Now to fix a problem you do need to have help. We have been getting this off Peter. This guy has a family and a full time job too. Mark is working on the G.U.I for V.O.W and its looking good. A long ways to go but looking good.

If you need any more help and advice on stuff to do with vow ask I and I will give you my opinion. It’s not Plits but mine. I am just a player with a little more knowledge because I have been there. I know two others that have Hick and Bubba. Never met Scor but he sounded like a tuff mod...

Hope this helps.
Denzil.

PS.
Well folow the rules and its easy to not even see the mods or even care if there in game. its not hard. Yep mods are cool.!
2007-06-22 07:51:52
Well Denzil, I know your always talking about mods having lives too. My response is maybe they should have thought about this before they accepted the position.
Why do you people come to me? I think it is because I train so many people, Yes I still train alot of people, I guess I am a unofficial vow trainer, they should make a new position and give me the job, some other players come to me because they know that I was a mod in the past. But I always direct them to send in a email that fits the protocals as set forth. I like the mods and I think they do a good job most of the time, I just think the system needs a overhaul. I dont find any fault with the mods or with peter.
And your right Scorp was a great mod, but it would be unfair to compair him to any of the head mods since, Vow has changed and the number of people have increased. I can look back at every head mod and see good and bad. They have all accomplished things.
2007-06-22 12:34:36
zomg, all this from one person wondering why they hadn't got a reply from an email -.-
2007-06-22 12:56:08
I think it extends from a bigger issue Aiden, The mods have said if you follow their protocals, they will respond to you, but, atleast in this case, if what the origional poster said was true it doesnt seem to be the case.

It seems that the mods gave him back his chat, but didnt correspond with him in any way.

I think this issue needs to be addressed.
2007-06-22 14:53:34
Yeah, I thank the mods for doing their job and giving back my chat after my ban, but I lost and regained it without ever getting an email from them. I know I gave them all my account details and I even was polite in letting them know that I knew what I did was wrong. All I really wanted was my chat back at that time, but it would've been nice to get a response. I agree with both of you guys. Denzil said mods do have lives, and sometimes they can get sick or make mistakes, but it should be our responsibility to follow the rules. But then I also agree with Ray where if we do follow the rules in the emails and send them in the format they want, then we should get a reply.
2007-06-22 23:32:03
Hi all. So this is all over a little forgetfulness then? Wow! Double Wow!

Well when I was main mod! In my day I had some classic stuff ups like telling a player he had his chat back in an email. Then surprise surprise I got a phone call or my dinner was burning or my cat was in a fight or the power went off or there was a special on at K.F.C. and you have been doing emails for 3 hours. Now please don’t be a hard ass and say don’t take the job if you don’t want it. Come on be fair. K.F.C is cool. B.R.B I hunger!

Would you like any more excuses. You know all the normal life things that happen... I treated all my stuff ups as a bit of a laugh and let the player know I was sorry and apologized. You can do this when your not a silent mod you know. I am a friendly person and let the player know it was my felt. I one day banned Ben for nothing. I copied the wrong id. It was a full ban too. I have banned my self and I do know of other mods doing the same thing. So errors do happen as I have shown. Now if this mod thought he had done the ban and for got the email. Oops. I don’t see this as life or death. Am sorry I don’t. Stuffed if I would sack a mod over a simple error we all make. Truly is this a problem. You’re happy to have chatted back. Let this be a lesson. Don’t loose chat. This will not happen again if you don’t loose chat!

Can we find any other little small problems people don’t like and turn them in to mountains. OH looks a fire what’s that?

But I must say I have my K.F.C now so I will head down to the Mod burning which happens daily. Yow Ben pass the napkins thanks. Madog can you pass me a beer thanks. Hey there are no mods to burn no more. There all silent. Oh well.

is this a dream or do people realy get up set over this and post in forums or just ask the mods them selves. it must be a dream. I know i would just ask my self.

Denzil.
2007-06-25 15:49:55
I think that those who have lost their chat have every reason to be upset when they follow instructions and send all the information required by the mods and yet here 3 or 4 weeks later they haven't gotten a response from them as to how long they have lost their chat and what exactly they did. How far is KFC anyway? I suggest quit making excuses for the mods, sorry but I am a little upset to see someone have to wait for this long and get absolutely nothing from the mods. :( Before you start wailing about the mods lives and such why not put yourself in the other person's shoes?
2007-06-25 15:56:17
I have always gotten a response the day directly after i send a mail.

and i always remind the mod the day before my ban ends, and i've never had any problems.
2007-06-25 16:17:39
this poor kid has heard absolutely nothing from them and I made it a point to ask if he had sent them all his info and such and he says he has, weeks ago. :(
2007-06-25 17:03:06
But then detroit maniac said he has his chat back, 2 hours after the thread was made. But then this turns into a "let's all bash the mods" thread.

From my experiences with the mod centre, I generally found that giving all the appropriate details helped them in their jobs. If I reported someone, I gave a screenshot, a written transcript (to copy/paste into the ban box - something I hated in the days of being a chat mod) and whatever else was needed.

If you go to a police station to report to them, you won't walk in and say - "I'm here", and expect the officer to know who you are and what you're there for; and I bet that's what a lot of the e-mails to the moderator centre are. From the general slating of the mods, I guess every single e-mail which goes into that e-mail address has the player's game details; a suitable explaination as to why they broke the rules, etc.

To be honest, a lot of people who have complained about the mods in this thread haven't had the job of being a moderator in the past so would know nothing about what the position entails. If you have experience of being a mod, then you can complain about the slow service, until then, it might be a wise idea to keep heads in the sand. Just think, one day, it could be you who gets slated by the players for taking 3 hours to answer an e-mail.

----End rant----

I'm sorry about this, but it just winds me up so much when those people who complain over and over and over are those who have never had to have the position of moderator and expect it to be all cushy cushy. From what people like Denzil have said, it's far from that - and to be honest, it's like a witchhunt against the mods. People should be working with the mods, not against them.
2007-06-25 17:08:22
I have been a mod four times, retired now:)
2007-06-25 17:47:07
Aiden didn't slate the mods this time - he defended them

:D
2007-06-26 09:09:25
I'm not trying to slate the mods, all I am doing is pointing out what appears to be a problem, in hopes that it can be fixed. I even started a thread with just that thought in mind, but it got deleted and no one seems to want to acknowledge that it hasn't been just three hours for this individual, it been 3 or 4 weeks. This is not the only person I have known this to happen to, But obviously no one wants to try and fix it so just forget it. They would rather sit back and cry about how the mods are being "burned". When I posted in this thread, I thought maybe once again we could try and get what appears to be a problem fixed for the whole, but since the one is satisfied let's just call it good, right?

"If you have experience of being a mod, then you can complain about the slow service, until then, it might be a wise idea to keep heads in the sand."

So in other words, regular players have no say, we can't voice an opinion? I have some knowledge what with Ray having been a mod, I take offense to this statement just as a player, not taking into acct. of what little I do know about being a mod from watching Ray.
2007-06-26 09:31:07
Yeh but, i supply them with all my details(well i dont have to anymore they know me) and then basically just ask what's teh deal, and then on comes the 1 word answers :D each one coming 2 days after the last ^.^
2007-06-26 09:33:00
Plus i report someone and i get a reply back saying "What rule is this breaking?" when it was pretty obvious.

So either i was right when i said the mods need to read the rules. Or the mod centre is playing favourites because of the person i reported.

i'd opt for the second one myself knowing who answered my mail and the person i reported.
2007-06-26 10:36:04
So mods can not bring into forums dirty laundry but players can. Lol this is really fair! Yep.

Yes Ray you was a chat mod. The easiest job in the game. How many times did you retire because you whished to? Did you say 4 times? I was talking about the main mod center. Not standard chat ok. So if you think you’re qualified I don’t think so. Only Bubba and Hick nd Score can really know what’s going on in there as well as the new crew.

As soon as players stop mod bashing I will stop too. Keep your bans in the mod center. Get help off the chat mods.

Denzil
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-06-26 10:59:29
Denzil - not wanting to stir up this issue even further - but how are players supposed to get help off the chat mods when they are supposed to be silent?

I know from past experience that when I was chat-banned + sent an e-mail to the Mods account (with all the correct details on it) that I didn't get a response back from them at all. Admittedley, this was quite a while ago + I know the mods have changed since then, but it has happened to a few other players I know too.

Now, to everybody involved in this topic + to try and calm things down here a bit and get the high emotions out of this topic - the point Tes has raised wasn't done with any malice in mind (as far as I can tell) and didn't seem to be having a go at the Mods, she was just highlighting a potential problem in the system. Let's take the emotion out of the topic and concentrate on the issue shall we?

Is the system perfect? Obviously not - but I'm sure between the combined experience of everybody in the Mod Centre plus suggestions/input from the experienced players we could work out a solution without having to resort to bickering like this
2007-06-26 11:02:04
Oh how mature of you Denzil! I didnt start this thread, and was respectful to the mods in my post, basically all I said was that this issue should be addressed!

What do you think we are doing here? bringing a problem to light so it can be worked out. The only bickering I see is the mods feeling they need to defend themselves, instead of agreeing to what everyone else know, there is a problem, it needs to be addressed and fixed! Sorry John.
You want to attack me Denzil? Ok here are the facts, you were the worse mod this game ever had, you made mistake upon mistake, and instead of taking responsibility for your actions you made excuses and still do!
When you became head mod the position went straight to your head and you got a god complex. You stated to me that you didnt need to make apologies. When a person is wrong and makes a mistake the mature thing to do is to apologize! I know when I was a mod and I made a mistake I always apologized and did what I could to make it right.
Obviously since I am not the main poster here and was respectful in my post this is a continued vendetta against me because of some imagined past wrong. Maybe you are upset because you dont feel people respect you like they should, I dont know. I know respect is earned not just given without question. And personaly you havent earned my respect, especialy after this unmotivated attack on me!

Have you really stepped down? Doubtful, you said you did that before and didnt. You probably just felt if i tell people i stepped down and act like a silent mod no one will know and I wont be called on my mistakes. Well the only problem is you cant keep silent and you are still defending the mod center.

believe this! if I was to accept the head mod position, I would be alot better than you ever were.
2007-06-26 11:20:25
My post had the desired effect then :(
Post by: tay ncfc(183846)
2007-06-26 11:28:46
After now finishing reading all this page. I think, which probably means nothing to most people, Tes Ray and John should be Main Mods. They're responsible, not rude, and you can understand them fully. I dunno if they even are mods already or want to be mods, or whatever, I just now that these 3 are 3 of the people on VOW that set a good example of a perfect Mod.
2007-06-26 11:30:29
Gotta agree with James, That needed to be said :P, but i would add Ben to the mix.
2007-06-26 11:33:05
Seconded
2007-06-26 13:42:23
2007-06-26 14:19:34
Well my over all point is I left the job because of to many players commenting on stuff that should be in the mod center only. The main mods know about this ray. Each one because they. Work in there every day unlike your self. The rules are basic. You can only get chat back from the mod center. Now if you need just a little help. Try the contacts link and look for the chat mods. Try talking to them. If you just want some friendly advice you can ask me. I will still send you to the mod center but with more data you can use to resolve all problems. Or ask Dark lord.

So let’s look at who brags here bud. Explain why you have been a mod 4 times? Is it because you have been knotty? I can not speak about your banneds because of privacy

I know my record is almost spotless. I respect this but just so you know I have never been band before. Just one warning and a few self banns because of errors and blindness not helping and blindness is a problem. So don’t go there you have no idea.

You don’t like me. Hell it would have been a lot easier just to come right out and say it. I know there have been some players I don’t like but I don’t go out of my way to up set them every day of the week. I leave them be and they get them selves in enough trouble.

It got to the stage where I was waiting the next day to read the Ray hate post. Or if not a post about me to just degrade all the work the mods do. Now you say I am still a mod. Lol. Of course I am at hart. I love those guys. There awesome and do a great job. When you work with them all the time what do you expect. Now its time to just kick back and play. Have some fun and watch. I still toss them some advice about new tools like open ID. But this is up to Peter in the long run.

I don’t need your trust Ray. I never trusted what you told me any way. So the feeling is comparable. The best part is I don’t have to worry abut your comments no more. Its still fun to watch your attempt at sarcasm. So best of luck and enjoy the game and I hope you get the main mod job one day. Let me know so I can leave like the rest. I think you know what I mean. Yep I don’t think much of your style as well. But it never stopped me being friendly but this is in place for chat reasons only. Think what you want bud. I don’t care no more. You have shown your true colors so it’s fine by me. If you like I can start a thread for you where you may run me down if you like. I am us to it now so it would be nice to see something new for a change. I will do this for you if ya like ok! Cheers Thanks for trying to help john. This just needed to be told. Ok. Sorry for stuffing up your thread too. Oops. Sorry again.

Denzil
2007-06-26 14:43:36
Well Denzil lets see, who did the 1st attack in this thread? me or you? Thats right. YOU!
I am sure people are seeing your true colors.
you want to talk about me being banned? Sure thats fine I have only been banned 1 time by you, or you told someone to ban me and I know who i just wont say. i was banned for 24 hours for asking 3 questions from a noob that was out of control in chat, peter told me that I got caught up with everyone else who really was being offensive and they banned everyone involved and admitted that I probaly shouldnt have been banned. So 1 wrongful ban by you.
yes I have been a mod four times, I quit twice, once all the mods were removed by peter. and once for arguing with my brother.
And actually before today I havent said anything about you in vow in any negetive way for a very long time.
but like you admitted in chat earlier it was because I posted in HOF that you shouldnt be listed. But the facts are that I also posted the good you had done. And later in that thread I posted that as a player I thought you should be listed.

My problem with you wasnt so much you as your behavior, I didnt like you as a head mod, and I am sure from your post today in this thread you are showing everyone why.

You think you are so much better than everyone else, Only headmods and past head mods have any right to say anything is basically what you said in a earlier post in this thread. i didnt realize this was the mods forum, i thought it was for all of vow. And if we think there is a problem and tried to get people to look at it and talk about it so hopefully we could give some idea's the mods could take and talk about we are doing something evil. We were trying to help.
You remind me of some kid who is nothing special in real life and come online and think they are the most important person ever. We dont care about your real life, whether you have a disabilty or not, people just to be treated fairly and enjoy the game.
If you feel you have a personal vendetta against me and need to extract some payback, feel free, you will only show people what you are really like.
i hope you enjoy your stay in VOW and be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Have a nice day.
2007-06-26 15:07:26
Denzil I am sure your mature enough to realize that this attack on me is going no where, your only forcing the VOW community to witness your attack upon me, and are doing nothing positive. So I am going to end it, if you feel you need to say something to me send me a PM, vow doesnt need to witness this and I am not going to add to this by defending myself. If you continue, people will see it for what it really is. So this will be my last post on this so called war you have declared upon me. Since you are supposedly a retired head mod, maybe you should act like it, and show some maturity and self control. I really do wish you the best and can only hope you dont continue to subject VOW to this abuse.
2007-06-26 15:29:49
"So this will be my last post..."

Yeah, right. :P Ray, you're so old that you'll come back TOMORROW the latest to post something in any thread. :P
2007-06-26 15:39:22
When I first posted this asking for help, I got the help I needed. That I just said that I never got an email back. But now, I really think that this thread has been used for players to attck the mods and eachother. My bad, never intended for this to happen. Everyone really needs to relax.
2007-06-26 18:00:35
i messaged the mods, got an email back sooner than expected and problem resolved straight away. :)

They can help if you help them. :P
Post by: penguinlover(294552)
2007-06-26 20:16:34
I just talked to a Mod very easily, and got unsuspended due to a mess up....im not that mad :) i love gettin suspended
2007-06-26 22:31:16
Lol told ya it was easy to chat to mods and resolve any problem. Cheers and sorry for taking this thread off topic. It happens. It was not meant to happen.

To You RAY that’s nice. It’s nice to see that of course I am the bad guy because I have been attacking you. Lol What a joke. Try defending my self. Been doing this against you since day dot.

All the other players have seen it. Just think back to all the posts you had to retract because of your single mindedness on trying to destroy me and you becoming the head mod. It’s truly sad and pitiful just like your attempt at running me down and speaking to me like a child. If I was like some players I would take offence to this but I do believe I was reasonable to you threw all of your attacks on me. The funny part about this thread you and I most likely will both get a chat ban. Well notch it up as a first for me and you should be use to it by now. I will take this as life exp and write it off to a day I can look back on and think about my first ban. Then remember you with fond thoughts.

I really think this has gone too far in the forum but at least every thing was spoken about. Well am happy to drop this till your next attack on me or the oods. Good luck and sorry again for taking liberties in your post dude.

Denzil

2007-06-26 23:06:35
Not really easy they took about 2 days each email.
2007-06-26 23:16:36
Well if you get a ban you have to surv it. 2 days is the normal ban for most things. why dont you try to keep out of troble. are i know. you just like talking to them lol. there just awsome guys lol. turn arounds do happen and you will find if you miss the days batch of banned players you end up on the end of the q for next time. So if he did not get to you this time he did of course the next day. So in the long run you got chat back. this is good. it will be nice when the auto feacher goes in one day. then its gona be set and for get. still waitting but i hope to see it soon. um well not personaly. lol. At least you will be back in chat quicker. This is what the post is all about any way. right. So what will you do now when this comes into play. will you just email the mods to chat? lol

2007-06-27 10:51:18
*watches Denz digging himself a hole*
2007-06-27 16:31:59
*sits in aiden's lap*
2007-06-27 17:46:50
Aidens Santa? why wasnt i informed (^n^)
2007-06-27 17:53:05
roffle
Post by: domination23476(301108)
2007-06-27 18:35:39
i know they need to ind their business
2007-06-27 18:46:05
wow the account IDs are upto 300,000 now? lol

anyway - nooooooooooob.
Post by: Thor(146261)
2007-06-27 23:26:11
I think that after watching this thread, that it has gone far enough and served what little purpose it was going to.

Sure, there are problems and they need to be fixed. Rome was not built in a day. Give it a bit of time and let's see if we can crack the pieces in a way that they work for all involved.

I have been on the chat mod side of things before as well, and to be perfectly honest, gave it up because too many people were getting off with the typical excuse of "I didn't know that was against the rules." The new guys do a better job of not letting that sort of thing slide, which I am happy about.

I will also admit that I don't have a spotless record. Don't want to have one either...I don't mind the marks I have, because everything has a reason.

Not the most popular player in VOW either, but that too, is not a thing I care about. Life is not about a popularity contest. There are a lot of players, and former mods, that have an axe to grind with me, and that is all well and good.

I agree with Ray...instead of perpetuating an argument so that all of VOW has to see, keep it within PM or off VOW completely. We tell players all the time to not argue in chat or they will lose the right...and those rules should hold fast here. Therefore, quit the petty sniping and act like the adults that we are supposed to be.

That would be my two cents on the concept at this time.
2007-06-28 12:07:01
Chris I built Rome in a Day
2007-06-28 13:49:47
I think Ray was the only mod i ever respected....seeing he saved me arse once :| back on Toy SOldier 41396
2007-06-29 09:16:36
Its funny. in a way. all this crap with Ray is out and vented and its all good. so no probs here.

I must say silencer. I do like you as a person but i dont like some of the stuff you do. but its your buseness so . As a player i have allways been out spoken and always will be. simaler to you but this does not stop me respecting your skill as a player. Some of our views differ but what the heck. Hell if the ball is in your court you can do with it what you like.

Dont change just be nicer lol . this is a whish but dont know if Aiden is listing.

*sits in Aidens lap and makes a whish for Big Bad Nasty Silencer to become a Sweety!

*Your not Santia Claws!

Where is your fairys at then? Ha?

Looks like my whish is dead before it beginns.

Can i have a pony then just in case?
Post by: lopi9(263027)
2007-07-03 20:44:59
Mods are mean :(
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout