GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: AF General
Thread: What to Train
Post by: Tarin(118208)
2006-01-01 04:52:22
Okay, here's my opinion of what to train for donators, at first I thought you should train all the stats equally but that doesn't really work out, so here's my opinion:

Offensive should be a lot lower than the other stats and should be a multiple of ten.
Defense should be trained when the skill point cost to train defense plus the skill points for all the weapons you have to train equals the amount of skill points needed to train hp
The primary weapon skill should be trained until the hit rate is around 95%

Health and Energy should be the main two stats that are trained.
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2006-01-09 23:13:23
Big Bullshit
Post by: Mad Bear(46310)
2006-01-11 03:50:10
Second that motion!
Post by: mael(88584)
2006-01-14 05:23:41
okay..so, whats the solution?
2006-01-17 05:31:13
Read the manual :)

Oh, a good balance. Training Defence and weapon skills up at the same time so that the lower of the two is not too low(ie if Defence is the stat that is holding your effective defence back you need to train defence, if it is the weapon skill you need to train the weapon skill :))

Offence is useful

but actually you can use all stats. Although in a way you can throw away some weapon skills late in the game if you pick your opponents wisely and you can do away max energy if you plan to live on potions of energy(good gold income required here but if you can do it, you needn't worry about energy ever again. This helped me gain 12 levels in one day once when I was not paying).

Max HP is very useful for your defence and making it high early will give you more experience compared to overall slow increases.

But there are a lot of different tactics based on what you fight and where you fight.
Post by: slangi(11441)
2006-01-18 12:23:54
Another notion... ask yourself what do I need to make Zeus and Pasha break a sweat when I end up getting stuck with them in GS1 thats another good way of training and finidng your own unique balance and growth style and makes the game more fun for yourself because youre not gonna be zeus and pasha but if you train to beat them you'll find yourself catching up to them gradually
2006-01-18 18:59:07
Catching up with Zeus is entirely possible. He comes from top3 in fame and level and has been falling ever since.

He doesn't get fighting experience by downing ale in the Dwarven Inns, other experience yes, but that's not useful for adventuring. A pity though.

Pasha is I'm afraid rather uncatchable. Unless you have a lot of time...and a lot of gold.
2006-01-19 02:11:46
Well I happen to have time for this everyday I just need to be smart when I smel lthe opportunity :D lol anyways I'm lagging myself more for research on the outside. It will pay off in the end though.
Post by: Tarin(118208)
2006-05-27 02:34:05
I still think I'm right about this. Training max energy is good because if you always stay in the luxury in you get 1.25 extra energy per day per point trained in max energy. More energy = more gold = more magic items = more xp gained = higher fighting stats. More hp is 1 to 1 per point spent. HP = less resting = more moss = and free gold. Defense you need five points for a one percent increase in your defense and you need to train all the weapon skills.

Defense is not as good as HP. Defense starts to better than hp when you have a lot of energy and that one percent increase can be used against a lot of monsters.

Offence is better than training the current weapon used. Training your weapon takes ten points to increase your accuracy by 1%. Offence may increase faster but if you increase your damage by one whereas your current damage is 10 that's a 10% increase in damage.

So I think only train hp and energy until they are way ahead of the other stats. Rely on magical items to increase the rest and items that raise offence skill are better than other magical items.
2006-05-27 04:22:35
i can tell you from experience you arent fully right you havent acquired the fine zen and balance and secondly youre an idiot to bring back as topic fro mthe dead after 4 months
Post by: curtin(17603)
2006-05-27 13:38:25
Training too high in offence actually hurts you later on when you get through to the bigger bits of the Badlands. Better to have high HPs and plenty of potions than to have high Offence - I'm suffering for it now, and wish I could turn off some of my Offence skill for Merlin hunting :(
Post by: denzil(82151)
2006-05-29 14:13:22
Well laidys and gents. nice to meet you all. i am a lowly little ad fame player. level 17. the elfs camp and harbor town and the bandit camp + the kobolt cave is my dewelling right now. i have full plate and stuff.+ a magic sword. +5 to offence. the bandit camp is my main exp point of call. what do you recomend for next after the bandit camp with all the salors. They keep asking me out. lol so i have beatten a large bear but i had 4 hp left and used 3 posions as well. so any help would be greatfull. as well. i was looking for a map to read to see where i need to go. so cheers and ales up to the gods !
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2006-05-31 15:25:26
"secondly youre an idiot to bring back as topic fro mthe dead after 4 months"

ghihi... i love you so much, slangster! Taking the words right out of my mouth! ;)
cheers

-dF-
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2006-06-01 00:46:49
Indeed.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout