GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: GW Development & Design
Thread: Experienced Player Only Games
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2007-08-15 08:57:05
Limiting these games to donors only has failed. There are simply not enough donors to fill these games. 10 AP per turn is nice, but it is not necessary to win (the other benefits are insubstantial). On the other hand, any benefits boost that would make it worth donating would probably be too much and destroy the game.

What I suggest is to make EPOGs actually open to all experienced players. This would involve creating a system to track player's progress, and any player that is 1) Active and 2) managed to gain 100 blocks in any game would be eligable.
Post by: mob(23502)
2007-08-15 18:16:51
A tracking system would be great. Hopefully it could tie into a rankings board.

Providing a system for donating players to create their own invitation games would be another avenue for having EPOGs on a regular basis. And it just might be the benefit that makes donating worth while.
Post by: Shalimar(257353)
2007-08-15 20:11:09
Your ideas are always good. Question: Do we have any idea whether anyone involved with PLITgames actually reads the forums?
2007-08-16 11:07:34
No, no idea if anyone reads it. I'd email Peter directly but I already know he's too busy. Mob, your idea for limiting invite games to donors is really damn good. As it is now, the only way you can get them is if Peter sets them up by request, but a do-it-yourself method would be preferable.
2007-08-18 00:21:03
I half remember mentioning the idea to Peter but that was months ago so who knows, I could be wrong. However, he was setting up some sort of automated system for generating invitation games so he didn't have to do it all manually... at least that was the impression I got.
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2007-08-21 01:29:34
Invitation only games is there. A few people have tried to set them up.

Making invitation only games something everyone could set up would not be good as the database would just be cluttered with too many games that would never start.

I think keeping it so players have to email me for invitation games is best.
2007-08-21 12:00:15
MOB's suggestion was that only donors can set up invite only games. That would greatly reduce clutter. The problem with asking you for invite only games is that there is nowhere that I know of that says that. As far as I know, there are only two people before this post that knew that's how they got made.
2007-08-21 13:46:54
If the invite games were small they would fill up within days.

Limiting the map sizes would be an easy solution to having unfilled games cluttering up the database. Perhaps a maximum of 20 x 20. Another idea would be to only have one available map size - 15 x 15 (which I think is an ideal size anyways). IMO the whole point of an invite game is to have it populated and running as quickly as possible.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout