GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: GW Development & Design
Thread: Ideas for Improvements
Post by: Shalimar(257353)
2007-02-20 23:31:06
I would love to be able to pay extra APs to decrease or eliminate the chance an attack on an unoccupied block shows up in the City Media. Maybe using a box on the Control Block screen that you could check to add 20% or 40% to the cost.

I also think the opposite could be useful too, as there are times I want to show up in the City Media moving away from someone so they don't realize how close I am.
Post by: mob(23502)
2007-02-21 13:23:28
This is an interesting idea. Stealth (or lack of) could definately provide an advantage against gangs who soley rely on the city media and do not use the 'explore gang' command.
2007-02-21 13:27:24
On a completely different track...

I have been thinking about uses for password protected / invite only games.

Would it not be cool to have mini games? Games having as few as 4 players? Maybe restrict the invite process to paying members and provide a system of chosing map size / player counts.

I think this might be the best idea in years. But then I am biased. ;-)

Virtual Gangwar :-)
2007-02-21 21:38:14
I am not a paying member and don't have any incentive right now to become one (don't play any of the other games and not getting the extra 10 APs is an extra challenge for me when facing players experienced who do). Most of the games I play are long abandoned so I only spend about $10 a month on gaming. It takes alot to get part of that money, there are several very interesting creator-marketed games already in the queue of things I want to buy.

I'm not sure about best idea in years, but I would become a paying member for the right to participate in user-created wars so there is that.
2007-02-22 01:48:57
I'm not saying restrict the games to paying members only, just the ability to create an invitation game and do the inviting.
2007-02-22 02:00:38
But the downside of that is I probably wouldn't become a paying member for awhile if I could play in them since there's a college basketball coaching game I want first.
Post by: bear88(119403)
2007-02-23 11:43:07
vercetti I think that is a good idea but I remember when they tried the invitation only, ? was it you or doug the designer anyways?, and that didn't work because it was too big, block wise and not enough people who knew what they were doing filled it...B oh and shalimar I agree with you there is not enough of an incentive to donate playing only GW, and to be honest before I donated I used to get the serverbusy messages saying *try again in 1 minute and if I was a donating player I would be allowed* but I am a donating player now because of VOW and I still get the busy messages :P...
2007-02-23 13:50:10
BigB - I thought the game was full of players who had a good idea what they were doing... only problem was that three or so of them were gone by the time the game started.

I think that if we had another invitation game we could fill it easily and be playing in a matter of days. In no particular order... me, you, CFB, Baldy, Morph, Sally, Critz, and Superior Forces makes eight... I'm sure there are at least a couple more decent players that can be added to the list.

Being able to choose a smaller map size / player limit would help too.
2007-02-25 07:13:59
Another observation: It makes absolutely no sense that a MIL or PWA can provide an endless stream of opponents. It would be more logical if they converted into a random regular block (or maybe a 100/100/100) after a certain number of successful attacks. This number could be fixed for every MIL and PWA or a randomized number for each one.
2007-02-26 03:48:49
I like the idea of 100/100/100. Makes taking out a PWA/MIL block just that much more strategic.
Post by: Three Finger Sally(164235)
2007-02-28 17:00:15
I think that's an awesome idea! It would change the whole late game 'arms race' strategy and make things a little more interesting.
2007-03-18 17:40:13
"It would change the whole late game 'arms race' strategy and make things a little more interesting."

'arms race'. Coming from you, Sally, that's flippin hilarious!
Post by: Three Finger Sally(164235)
2007-03-21 13:51:36
Would have been funnier if me Sister One Armed Amy had said it instead.
Post by: BubbaG(33460)
2007-05-21 14:30:37
Something I would like to see added would to be able to search the ranking lists. Filter them so you can see which ones you won without having to click each individual war.

I know if you get killed you won't show up, but I wouldn't want to look at those anyway. Plus for me at least it would be a fairly short list.
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2007-05-22 01:49:10
Wasn't there some player who did a list of who won each game before ?

I think the old ideas about private games for only donating members would be good if it worked. However I don't think it works as we had these 'experienced' games before which never filled up.

There is a few password protected games running but so far it have not been a complete success. I think to make these work it should be by having all the players wishing to play these filled in by one player in one form and have the game start the next day. No waiting around for months.

Peter
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2007-05-24 08:18:27
I kept a list of who won the zero games, but it was deleted along with most of the rest of the forum, and I didn't have a backup.
2008-01-24 23:19:14
"Another observation: It makes absolutely no sense that a MIL or PWA can provide an endless stream of opponents. It would be more logical if they converted into a random regular block (or maybe a 100/100/100) after a certain number of successful attacks. This number could be fixed for every MIL and PWA or a randomized number for each one." ... Shalimar

Consider this... as it stands the only signifigant way to get money is by killing other gangs (a non-renewable resource) or selling weapons and armours obtained from PWA/MIL blocks (infinite resource). Of course COM generates money but is hardly worth mentioning compared to the black market or gang kills.

If PWA/MIL blocks are depleted/changed (or aren't even in the game -- probably easier to do) then controlling COM and FPL become essential to maintaining a gang and suddenly the game becomes more dynamic!

Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout