You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: GW General
Thread: The Current Trend in Alliancing
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2007-04-12 23:55:10
I am/was involved in a handful of recent games now where my allies have allied with my enemies without telling me, leaving me with useless allies. Most did this out of inexperience, but regardless, I'm getting the crap end of it and it's starting to grind on me.

It has always been my policy that all previous alliances should be divulged when requesting or accepting an alliance, and that players added to an alliance should be done so with the mutual consent of the allied.

I'm pretty sure most of you subscribe to this policy as well, so I ask that we all work together to enforce it in-game as much as possible by asking up-front about existing alliances and making sure that players are aware of the prevailing etiquette.

I also don't like that these inter-tangling of alliances is leading to more and more games with five or more gangs finishing. Two gangs is the ideal alliance win, three if you were absolutely desperate.

Just my opinion, and sorry for the rant, but like I said, I've been catching the bad end of this trend, and if it doesn't stop, I'll probably just stop allying with people.
Post by: Shalimar(257353)
2007-04-13 06:49:47
Post by: Criticalz(219613)
2007-04-16 07:39:01
I would agree to the two ally once policy, I kinda feel the same way about 5 gangs winning... I think that and will follow this myself, that I wont reveal any ally information, until I agree to an alliance... If one only needs to ask someone if they want to ally to find out who their allies are, is just weak strategy.

I also believe that when one ally works in a way against their own ally, they are effectively cancelling their alliance. I have learned in the past couple of wars that choosing an ally is more then just looking to see who has won the most games....

I have always told my allies who else I have been allied with, within a resonable time. But i most certainly have not told someone who I was not in an alliance with, who I was allied to.

If anyone thinks that I have been dishonest with this, I would love to discuss what they think.

I am starting to agree with very carefully choosing my allies, but I constantly get sent message from alot of players every game to ally with me. From now on, if I have an ally, I will respond to alliance offers by only saying no thank you... I hope that this message here in the Forum will show that it is in now nothing rude or disrespectful, merely that i am trying to not give away any information.....

I also agree that in certain games my allies havent helped me either.
Post by: Three Finger Sally(164235)
2007-04-18 06:04:33
I've also been bitten by this alliance trend, and it's kind of turned me off to the game. I very seldom offer an alliance, and often hesitate to accept one that comes along. The game kind of loses its savor when 4 gangs come after you all at once.
Post by: Criticalz(219613)
2007-04-25 06:54:55
def. or when you are allied to one person, who is allied to your enemy and then ur ally aids your enemy.... I think that the game itself should only allow one ally.... We should hit the mods with that idea
Post by: Rabid(15955)
2009-12-09 19:44:15
i thought the game was about GANG WARFARE,criminal minded ruffians that would cut their grannies throat for a coke,do you think 2 street gangs or 2 mafia bosses would stay faithful to each other? i play the game in character,not as myself,i thought that was the idea of make beleive games.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout