Return to main page

Forum: SC Development & Design
Thread: 5% rule
Post by: RadicalG(52434)
2006-06-10 02:23:54
Gibber gibber
Post by: Gorgon(27256)
2006-06-10 13:02:14
The benefit of having the 5% rule is that there is always a chance that someone will lose a hit. It makes the game more unpredictable.

If you abolished it you would make the game boring. I lost 2 huge hits last round but we still won in the end. Losing happens - you just gotta get used 2 it.

When you run it can be frustrating losing sometimes but it makes the game more enjoyable that there is always a risk (if I hit down for 30 aps so I get the minerals 2 hit up again then what happens if I lose?) hehe

It would be sad to see you go Radical but you should understand that there has to be difficult things to a game to make it interesting. If all you needed was enough a-value then anyone with fed mates can rape enough minerals to win a hit after exploring..
Post by: RadicalG(52434)
2006-06-11 14:44:34
Fair enough to be honest, it has made me incredibly frustrated but I guess I'll live with it lol. Think I was in a bad mood when I posted that lol

I think it's not the concept of the rule that annoys me, just the effect that it helps newbs to the detriment of genuinely active players. Anyways, ill stop moaning now :-)
Post by: dwp(51152)
2006-07-19 08:18:25
But it also helps active players to the detriment of other active players. I have both benifited and lost to the 5% so far this round with big hits (100k mins type hits) so can't complain that it is disadvantaging me but it does certainly add to the 'spice' of the game :-)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout