Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SC Development & Design
Thread: Autoreloaders
Post by: Gorgon(27256)
2006-02-16 08:05:16
Are they illegal or not?

What do they do to the gameplay?

What is an autoloader for all you noobs out there?

2006-02-15 10:54:36 Spartapus(5295)
i like how my autoreloader keeps posting exis stats

We know people are using them.. who are they?

Questions.. comments.. general discussion..
Post by: SkydiveMike(86286)
2006-02-16 08:15:05
Speaking in the abstract; there is a definate symetry between the SC-Test bug and an auto-reloader. I won't (yet) get into if I think they are legal, illegal, honourable, etc., but I hope that I will make the symetry and comparison completely clear.

The SC-Test bug allows an online empire to pretend to be offline.

An auto-reloader allows an offline empire to pretend to be online.

In both cases, an empire is masking his or her online status and in this effect the two are 100% identical.

Whatever the consensus appears to be about reloaders or the SC-Test bug, it is important that the consensus is applied the same way to both events; based on the effect of using the "tool."

If someone declares that a player using a reloader is "a cheater" that person should similarly be prepared to declare that a player who uses the SC-Test bug is "a cheater".
Post by: philldodilldo(22259)
2006-02-16 08:32:45
if a rule was in place saying i cant use a natural function of my web browser id quit. simple as that.

and for the record it also allows a player not to have to click refresh f5 or empire list every dang miniute so peeps wont hit u cuz they scared of online battles. (sky im not bashing u bro, just stating a point)
2006-02-16 08:44:02
Nope, no bashing, didn't take it that way. It is exactly what I mean by an offline player pretending to be online and it is one of the things that an auto-reloader can do.

Another extremely useful function of an autoreloader is to keep up on chat. A player who can see his/her computer from across the room can increase the font size of his/her browser, turn the autoreloader on, go to the couch and watch TV, and from that location can tell if chat is quiet or talkative. In the case of a quiet chat, the TV gets watched. In the case of an active chat, the player can move to the computer and interact with his/her game-friends and be a part of the SC community.
2006-02-16 08:48:14
true, also some people understand that playing plit on IE can cause those bad pop ups, thus firefox is used. furthermore if people can use a in game bug to take advantage why the hell cant i use something that is provided by my browser to play the game and not have to click refresh every second so that people will stay scared. the difference is EXILIM, TROJA etc use a bug in game to break the rules and cheat, while others use a function of their god damn computer to refresh and show online so the CHEATERS stay shaking and scared.
2006-02-16 09:13:08
"furthermore if people can use a in game bug to take advantage why the hell cant i use something that is provided by my browser to play the game and not have to click refresh every second so that people will stay scared"

The issue here is not 'they cheated (and got suspended) so why cant I do such and such and not get suspended.'

The issue is what it does to gameplay and do the detriments outweigh the benefits or vice versa.

I think this issue with Troja and Exi is pertinent:

They found out a bug and used it (when it was not declared to be cheating). All it was doing was using the game the way it was written to the best of their ability.

Other bugs have abounded and Notorious has used them in the past also. One which comes to memory is the experience bug.

Another point of contention was feeding future fed members experience until end round when a person would apply to fed and be accepted and then get a star. This rule was changed so there can be no movement after mid round because the existing rule was seen to be detrimental to the game.

Rules can be changed. Things can be banned. All that I'm asking is whether an autoreloader is beneficial or not.
Post by: sparkles(18049)
2006-02-16 09:22:03
Are they illegal or not? NOT

What do they do to the gameplay? Nothing, unless you were schooled in the school of how to not play sc. if you are good enough to know when someones online your good enough to run.

What is an autoloader for all you noobs out there? it reloads the page.... DUH

2006-02-15 10:54:36 Spartapus(5295)
i like how my autoreloader keeps posting exis stats

so i explored exi... and posted his stats in chat......al while my reloader was running

We know people are using them.. who are they? I use em,ME, I DO, IF YOU can tell im using it, maybe you should take me down.

Questions.. comments.. general discussion..
Post by: exilim(25091)
2006-02-16 11:25:48
sigh i agree people who r using the sctest bug should be suspend as people who r using autoreloaders..

the funny thing is only cause i said i was aware of the bug like some other players did know it too
pple think my cuz or me used it to take advantage.. think bout how many pple whine while we playing serious and who could reach us while we were offline? so why should we use the bug to take advantage???
no point for us to use the bug, but whatever..
bad losers(cause whatever tactic i thought out or used i have been critized by pple who r using it the round after me or my fed donīt use any fedtactics;) cause we donīt want to destroy the gamefun for others.. we only began any tactics After other feds started it) keep crying for sucking that bad or who r too dumb to get the game.. i decided to go solo or fooling round with volt after dealer pointed out that we were destroying the gamefun and i agreed that there was no chance for any other fed or feds cooperating if tugs, my cuz and me fedding up together.. and started to fooling around with volt last round and went solo this round.

and what happened this round? the same whiners use the doubletopfeeding strategy we used before only way worser than we did and while no other fed was using boarddestroying tactics;)

using a autoreloader even if they r one of the most active online players in the game(on top if they r below they hardly help gamedynamics only destroy it failing tp take down offliners or pple they got suspended like kai, me or my cuz on roundend lol)

getting help by other feds or players sentires and the multi warlords(archilles whisper and his other accounts)

no honour left in the game;)

regards a sad exi
2006-02-16 12:21:01
the funny thing is only cause i said i was aware of the bug like some other players did know it too pple think my cuz or me used it to take advantage..

There are other points in Exi's posting, some valid, some not, and some undecipherable (not a bash on you exi, just a statement). The point above, however, stands out as one that I feel the need to reply to.

I will freely admit that this has not been recent, but I have caught you using the SC-Test Bug. I experimented and purposely ran with you on or near top and "offline" and just prior to getting in your range went and checked SC-Test. I noticed that you were in SC-Test and I immediately went back to regular SC and built into your range. Lo and behold, almost immediately Exilim(6327) appears and hits down on me. I repeated this experiment at least three times over a 2 or 3 round period a few months ago. I consider this definative proof that you were intentionally using the bug to affect game play and board dynamics.
2006-02-16 15:52:31
i wish someone really would get rid of gebils already.
2006-02-16 21:20:51
sigh if i play sctest iīm online right?
and if iīm online, ainīt it allowed to check back sc and see whatīs happening there?

and the other point is how many pple were attacking me or building in my range while i was playing sctest and forgot to look at sc?
so everytime i getting hit while iīm running i can say they r cheating and using the sctest bug? i remember the times u said i was using the sctest and was laughing a lot cause i didnīt do it but well..lol itīs bs and u should think bout if i ever broke my promises or words

phil u still a bad loser even if u guys win this round:)
2006-02-16 21:31:05
back to topic autoreloaders is cheatingand misusing the sctest is my opinion..

i coulsd say phil and spart modified the script and it rebuilds or hit someone as soon as someone gets in range or hit them.. but i canīt prove it and donīt want to be throwing with wrong facts like other pple do ;)

2006-02-17 00:40:24
so everytime i getting hit while iīm running i can say they r cheating and using the sctest bug? i remember the times u said i was using the sctest and was laughing a lot cause i didnīt do it but well..lol

There was one time recently that I saw it, posted it in chat, and was hurried and made a mistake. The time change in SC-Test was you being attacked and this mistake was made only because I was rushing and not being careful with respect to my methodology. If I remember correctly, I even apologized in chat for that instance.

Once instance of incorrect doesn't invalidate my other "definative catches".
2006-02-17 00:44:46
sigh if i play sctest iīm online right?

If you are playing SC-Test you are online for SC-Test. Yes, many of the vets in the game now know to check for you in both games if they are concerned about an online/offline situation; but none of the new players can know that.

and if iīm online, ainīt it allowed to check back sc and see whatīs happening there?

What you are not allowed to do is "check back sc" in a way that makes your Last Change column remain unchanged -- and this is what you have routinely done in the past.
2006-02-17 00:56:37
rofl i say again i did it by accident when i posted in scchat with my sctest empire and if i should get banned for ask urself if it didnīt happened to u too;)..
there is nothing more i can say if u donīt believe me sigh
2006-02-17 03:17:25
Funny how your "accidents" sometime result in a run-killing down hit and my accidents result in my posting as myself in chat and not spending any AP
Post by: ac(30533)
2006-02-17 08:35:27
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA soooo poooor discussion SIIIGH!!!!!!

Post by: sparkles(18049)
2006-02-17 14:39:53
mike wins
Post by: Little Sister(34495)
2006-03-08 09:40:18
Per usual, read from the bottom to the top.

Per usual, this wasnt the first time you've been in SC with your test account. Just the first time someone managed to catch you at it.

2006-01-07 07:49:57 Little Sister(7507)
blatant abuse of a bug
2006-01-07 07:49:16 Little Sister(7507)
Bugging and cussing- all in the same post
2006-01-07 07:49:03 Voltage18(18461)
lol
2006-01-07 07:48:53 Little Sister(7507)
my gawd look at him flaunt the BUG
2006-01-07 07:48:45 Exilim(6327)
damn me runing in sctest
2006-01-07 07:48:23 Exitester(17391) ----- exi's TEST account in SC
yup tx
2006-01-07 07:42:13 Skydive(13583)
wb exi
2006-01-07 07:38:59 renagade24(9449)
so exi you back now
2006-01-07 07:38:07 Exilim(6327)
i pasted the email i got from the mod.. itīs in the forum too.. and yup it was a fault to suspend me..^^
2006-01-07 07:21:27 Exilim(6327)
very sry it was one of the undercover mods suspended you for masking "shit" not his fault I did tell him zero tolerance

So, if exi can get away with it, I would like MY apology for posting profanity now too......*TapTapTap*

Post by: Wolverine(1)
2006-03-12 18:58:59
What is this SC-TEST bug you talk about ? How does it work.

I think some of you guys should read the code of conduct. If you know of a bug and do not report it you can be permanently banned.

Peter
Post by: ac(30533)
2006-03-12 23:27:25
Hi Peter i have sent u an email about this bug a long time ago guess u didnt received it :(

the sct bug was, that u can open two windows (one in regular sc and one in sct) and if u loog in sct u can refresh the regular sc without changing the last access time....
2006-03-14 03:41:58
hey peter talk to hick.. ive reported it over and over. yet nothing been done.. rofl nor did the wee gebil get busted...
Post by: Little Sister(34495)
2006-03-18 00:58:08
Hi peter, I sent that exact copy and paste above, to your listed adresses to report stuff to moderators, and as usual, didnt even get a response.

If you REALLY want to know how the bug works- ask exi, or hit me up on msn
nicholethayer@msn.com
2006-03-18 01:10:54
Hmm, Peter posts about the TEST bug in this thread on the 12th, and that's just about the time TEST went bye-bye.

All I can say is THANK YOU that the TEST bug is gone.
2006-04-04 12:49:21
Hmmm.. maybe the 12th is a good time to gripe then..

Maybe I can let Peter know about all the things that are bugging me.. like the fact that Phil has more carrots than I do. If your theory is good Mike then hopefully Phildo will lose his carrots ;)

I have 8 days 2 worry about the wording haha
2006-04-04 19:42:46
ROFL ull do anything to have more gold then the awesomeness that is philldo.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout