You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: SC General
Thread: Federations
Post by: Opacus Mortu(61923)
2005-01-28 04:05:04
Is there anyway we can try mixing things up a littl ebit....cuz in this game it seems if ur not good enough for a "good fed" you have a 0% chance of winning...unless ur with one of the really "good" players there's no possible way, and i think thats not cool, i think we should all have a equal chance, an di dont think we do
just an opinion

i except everyoen to disagree

wuts new

`OPA`
2005-01-28 04:13:50
like....for example wut r the chances i'll get in notorious? 0%...same with other fed's with good players,
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-01-28 04:57:42
Isn't it normal, if you are not "good" enough as you say, then why should you win?
2005-01-28 05:50:52
this game is only about fed's.....you can be a terrible player and be with spart and win...but thats impossible, cuz all the good players fed together, leaving ppl that are mediocre with other ppl that are mediocre, on very very few occasions have ib een able to fed with ppl that are considered "vets"
2005-01-28 05:51:17
i guess i'm just bored of seing the same ppl win every single round
Post by: philldodilldo(22259)
2005-01-28 11:59:21
Try actually learning how to play instead of hoping to be carried by better players... I tried your route...didnt do any good. Then learned how to actually play right... and walla.. !

my 2 cents.
Post by: sparkles(18049)
2005-01-28 12:01:34
OMG, Val, i agree with you. lol

"you can be a terrible player and be with spart and win..."
hangon, i havent won for the last 3 rounds.

The age old story thou isnt it. I choose who i want to fed with, half of my team members should have been committed long ago as well as myself. They are fun to run with and even in general when things arent going so well they are still fun to run with.

cheers spart

2005-01-28 12:16:27
eh...didnt expect anyone to agree, although i still disagree with u guys, but thats ok
2005-01-28 12:17:42
i dotn want to be carried to a victory, i just want the game to be fair, and i dont feel that it is, thats all, this isnt some big problem, i dont care that much, i'm merely just voicing my opinion, which is a very quiet voice....i dont make a difference in this game as it is, idk....i just wish the fed's changed a lil bit now and then
Post by: aeldrin(34951)
2005-01-28 14:18:18
The same people don't always fed up together. For instance, I don't think there has been a single round I've played where I've been with the same members. I will grant you that I would totally fed with Gorgon and Troja at the drop of a hat, but the other members of feds I've been with have always been floating.

While I do play to win, one of my primary goals is to have fun! :-)

The best part of this game has been making friends in all sorts of other countries that have become addicted to this game as well. Talking in the Chat box, the MSN chats, and messages became fixtures that I lived for.

While I agree in principle that mixing things up fed wise would shake the game up and allow more folks to potentially earn ^ and * ... the game itself is made up of these friendships that occur outside and, weirdly enough, because of it.

My two cents.
Post by: jddegraff(43958)
2005-01-28 16:00:20
ok i gotta post here(not just because i think i own the forum board....) look at me, a average player.... feded with some other joes on the game. we managed to pull the fed win and not 1 what i would call "elete" player omong us (sorry guys, but i am not putting you down, really, we just are not THAT methodicial). SO IT CAN BE DONE!!!! timing, and listening to other players i would say are the biggest factor. if you cant learn to listen and watch how to attack and defend, your competitiveness will remain at its current level. also sharing information on how to play only increases the games, and your greatness. not that i am great, but in LISTENING to other players i think my gameplay has improved, so i know yours can too. random feds arnt the answer, but information is. sent says!
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-01-28 17:03:08
Well yeah Opacus is right, you can mediocre and be with Spart and win. But before you will get in with Spart you'll have to prove yourself. I have missed quite a few rounds but although I despise and hate every single member of Notorious I have to admit that all that I know have skill. And trust me, if there would be Spart with four newbies he wouldn't get far...:) (only to spot number 1 or so)

Anyway two things are needed to be good at this game: Skill & Activity. You have to figure it out, I was never very much active, but had skill and so I got into a good fed too that bought me two stars;)
2005-01-28 23:51:14
well mixing up feds would yah, cause alot of commotion, but would also cause u to meet alot of people, (just a response to al's post)
2005-01-29 04:42:02
I dunno if being in a fed with someone will help you meet them and get to know them. For instance, even though I am fedded with Gorgy, Sim, and Kisimul, I haven't really met them more than once this round.

Being randomly assigned also makes it much harder to coordinate with fed runs, although hardly anyone seems to coordinate correctly anymore.

As Sentires noted earlier, people are really friendly with tips and knowledge, all you generally have to do is ask. Exilim, myself, Spart, Gorgy, Troja, among others have all coached people in their runs and helped them with how to build a proper homeworld for big and efficient attacks.

The game has gotten much more competative as a result of that knowledge becoming more common in the last few months and that has made things really interesting. Of course that increased competition has also made things a little more tense for some folks as well.

Just my opinion.

2005-01-29 05:01:23
i dont want random generated feds...cuz that'd be bad,i might end up with ppl with hours opposite of mine, thats not what i meant, like mayb some of the ppl that fed with the same exaclty ppl every round fed with someone new for once, so its not always the same, thats all
2005-01-29 18:13:32
so u want people to mix up feds so u can be in a different one?

you want people to choose different people so they willl.... naaaa

Im just not to sure what your proposing any more...

regards

spart
2005-01-29 23:46:54
i dont no wut i want n e more either :-x....but it made me feel special posting my own thread
Post by: philldodilldo(22259)
2005-01-30 03:28:33
Last time i checked the same exact people dont fed with each other... every single time...
2005-01-30 06:41:01
sum do
Post by: ac(30533)
2005-01-30 08:21:06
well i am not active anymore but i`ve got something to say :)...

i fink the problem is that too many people always changing the fedmembers, thats why they still didnt learnt how to do fed runs or wot is the best way to help eachother, all wot i am mostlyy c is that all just staying in there own ways, that means they dont helps eachother, no thats only destroying there own fedmates run.

if people will try to play with same fedmates few rounds i am sure they will learn to do fedruns, coz they will nearly know wot time they will be on, they will have there msn or icq or wotever u wants to communicate with, and u know the skill of eachother, last one is important coz u will know wot part of job the mate can handle......

please dont mind my bad english

regards
Troja
Post by: scion(66682)
2005-01-30 13:19:26
I have to agree with opacus. My first round was round 36, and at first it was really fun, building up my army, learning all of the tactis and strategy behind the game. But when i finally came into a decent ranking (10), the fed version of the game took over. The entire game turned into the two Battlestar federations and Just for the Fun of It, and frankly, I almost quit the game. This game is about having fun (and winning is a good added bonus), but it loses the fun aspect when a single player gets ganged up on by all 4 members of a fed.

I'm not sure if this game has been getting loads of noobs recently, but if not, I can see why.

And I really don't understand why those seasoned vets -wouldn't- want to mix it up a little. More fun, more competition and the before mentioned new friends.
2005-01-31 00:12:08
u twisted my words, ur sounding like uw atn to get rid of feds, which is NOT what i wanan do, feds make this game fun, and i'm glad we have them, but the thing is, yah, it is hard for a new player to face federations, but it is possible, i've doen my share of solo rounds, didnt win, but i got up to 3th on my peak days, so it is possible,

scion, find a fed...there are a bunch fo feds that take newer people, i know a couple guys that do noob feds ocne in a while, just look, message ppl, ask and stuff like that, dont get intimidated
Post by: scion(66682)
2005-01-31 05:12:12
Thats not what I meant by my post. I just don't understand why the vets wouldn't want to face off every once an a while against each other, instead of ganging up on the little guys.
Post by: simstar(98)
2005-01-31 06:14:34
aaggghhh ill work on it. how about if a fed wins the players in that fed cant be in the same fed the next round? That would mix it up a bit wouldnt it. this idea has been preposed before and im not sure who by, it may have even been me. anyway nothing is going to get done until peter gets around to it.
2005-01-31 06:25:48
that sounds cool sim, but how many guys would riot? and threaten to quit?.....some would be ok with it, and i think it sounds fair, but some ppl will get angry with it
2005-01-31 06:56:53
and it was u that had an idea somethign like that, in "development and design" under "i'd just like to know your opinions"
2005-01-31 07:43:30
Well, for what it is worth, for the past few rounds, no fed has been made up of the exact same members.

Three members might be the same, but the last two are generally floaters. I'm not sure what the exact proposal is ... whether no member of that winning fed can fed up with eachother? Or only if the exact fed combination can't be the same?

Maybe one thing that might help is lowering fed sizes ... from five to four? Or five to three? I think in SCT the fed limit is two ... although there a LOT less active players in SCT.

In my opinion, five is too large a number for a fed these days ... too often people get in each other's way ... and if there is a decent fed fleet, the player that is at the bottom gets their homeworld tanked.

I have to agree with a comment Troja made though, the reason the feds that do well work well together is that people know what their strengths are and can do the job assigned to them. Whether that means someone is picked to be the person to go to the top, someone else is assigned to clean up the ladder, or what have you.

If you are randomly assigned each time, or don't get to work with the same people, it means you have to start your strategy for the round from scratch.

Note: I'm not saying that all people have a strategy they are trying out, but some do ... and I don't necessarily think they should be penalized for having it.

Anyway, there are a lot of different thoughts ... feel free to comment/discuss/rant away at them.
2005-01-31 08:37:18
i think the only thing about been fun about automatically been assigned fed members is booting them out :P
Post by: jddegraff(43958)
2005-01-31 22:35:00
there are a lot less active players in SCT cause it sucks, not the 2 man fed rule. SCT is all torp runs. 2-3 man limit on feds would eliminate some of the feeding thats happening i think. maybe worthy of a trial.
2005-02-14 11:10:29
Dunno, one player can feed 200k mins in the later stages of the round.?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout