You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: Off Topic
Thread: moblife
Post by: mob(23502)
2006-03-15 12:09:54
One cold night and a long hike out of the bush.
White Lake, BC, Canada.

unfortunately the pictures of my truck, stuck in a snow up past the wheels, are gone forever. Too bad.
Post by: bear88(119403)
2006-03-15 22:58:44
Hey TVG where's Santa's house in those pics? and Rudolph and the elves? or maybe even a snowplow....
Post by: smoke(126548)
2006-03-20 16:45:47
Where's the damn beer!?
Post by: mob(23502)
2007-08-21 23:13:35
Check this out. I build log homes and part of the job requires sanding of the notches. blah blah blah. Anyways, I use this huge 15 Amp angle grinder with a 9" fiber-resin sanding disk.

Monday morning I was sanding a 'rough notch' and the disk hit an edge causing the grinder to jump. It got caught up in my shirt and twisted itself up so hard and fast that it smacked into my jaw. It was stuck in my shirt, right above my chest, and buzzing madly. I couldn't get the damn thing off me. I start yelling at my buddy to help me but he can't hear through the chainsaws and his hearing protection. No one else in the yard sees what's happening. Scared to death I ran over and managed to unplug the grinder with my foot.

I suffered a 2" gash about a half inch wide and a half inch deep right along my jaw line. The doctor said I VERY lucky and that I was literally within an inch of losing my life. After shaving a bit of my beard the doc gave me four shots of freezing and then scrubbed the living stuffing out of the gash. I was amazed at the amount of pressure I could feel he was using to scrub the wound clean. Next he put in 3 deep-tissue stiches which disolve inside your skin and then closed the cut with 6 superficial stitches.

For souveniers I have a T-Shirt that has a hole big enough to easily fit a basketball and the grinding disk that broke itself almost in half on my face. Both spattered with blood!

I'm going to be scarred for life but I've always wanted to look tough and dangerous. ;-)

Here's a couple of great pics.

Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout