Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Newbies
Thread: How to start off succesfull
Post by: Nethaven(53734)
2005-02-06 13:44:32
Start a character.

Power Grapler: Your main stat is Str. No Str only improves the chance and damage of Strength moves only. You are best at Cage matches.

Aerialist: Your main stat is Aerial. Again Aerial only improves Arial moves and the chance of it being done.

Techenalist: Althrough In my humble opinion (IMHO) I believe Tech's should be rather balanced it's main stat is tech. No need to explain.

Stiff Neck: Althrough I never played one or never ussualy faced one I guess it will be Str. Consc is important for all wrestlers not just SN.

Traditionalist: The game tells you to be balanced. Althrough I personaly think that you should simply work on consc first and then go with str, tech, subm, and then aerialist it is totaly up to you. Personaly this is the toughest class to play and honestly the pin chance is a prety stupid idea. Some may tell you to do tech for the pin moves.

All wrestlers should max out consc first!

Starting out:

As soon as you start go to the left menu. There should be a link called "Gym" click on it and you will see a small table with the stat and level and how much AP you want to spend on it and if you want a trainer or not. You need your trainer because without it you won't get any stats raised and I sudgest that you spend your first money on consc. I like to spend 300 but it is your choice. Next use the remainding on the main stat unless you want to split it up.

Next you will need to go to the menu again and this time Locker Room. Click on it and scroll through the bottom. There should be a list of moves you can specialize. I only know a few so I apoligize if I don't get this part right:

PG: Many perfer Bear Hug as it is subm, moderate chance, high dmg, and a str move. I chose Turn Buckle smash but BH is a EXCELENT choice.

Aerialist: Any of the flying moves are fine. I like the cross through.

Trad: I believe you have a Power Bomb but if you have a BH go for it. If not try that or I say try Turn Buckle for IMHO Power Bomb isn't that great of a move.

Stiff Neck: Try BH and if you don't have it try the Turn Buckle.

Tech: I have no clue but try asking please.

Sorry especialy for tech. My tip is to go to succesful wrestlers (SSWO) on the player list (More on this later) and see what their specials are. Do not try to save up for a big move and specialize it. I personaly think you need your first special to help you win. The price of the Special will slowly go down as you buy more moves, and play more.

Go to staff and select doctor level 2

Now go to Player List. Compare your stats with the other wrestlers and pick someone lower. There is no honor. This is a game. You will have to fight those equal or lower. Always send the challenge never accept. Challenge this weak wrestler in cages and save up money. A common mistake wrestlers make is not maintaining. AFTER EVERYSINGLE MATCH GO TO R&R AND HEAL UP! Then go to gym and max out consc. After you max out that do so for your main stat and then the rest.

Now you have your stats maxed out, still in good shape, some fame and xp left, and hopefully some AP.

Now that your stats are maxed time to get some moves. Go fight some people if you are low on cash and lets go back to the locker room:

Buying a bunch of weak moves: I personaly don't agree with this. It IMHO increases that number of hits you can do but the more moves you buy that more expensive they get. I do not recomend this. Ignore them for now.

Buying medium moves: I like this the best althrough I don't do it (Hey all wrestlers have flaws) You just have to be a smart shoper. Ask around and my favorites are: Gut Buster, Chokeslam, Pumphandle Slam, etc. Ask experienced wrestlers only not SPWAs. PWO's are good however.

Buying the best: I say buy either the best first and then a medium or the other way around. This can take time but after you get it and you work on some mediums or maybe another high one not only will you have high damaging moves you can go special it.

I sudgest however you to ask SSWO's on what to buy. However do only so for mediums because ussualy the best are the most expensive.

Other things:

Tag teams. After you make some friends you may make a tag team. I really find this not too popular nowadays but it is used still especialy for stable battles. However the most used perpous is for rumbles.

Rumbles: Rumbles is when one person sends challenges to single tag teams and therfore many wrestlers fighting at the same time. The more people the bigger the reward and it is rather fun. To make a single tag team simply do the same thing except don't post wrestler IDs. On the chat when someone announces a rumble post your single Tag team ID.

Stables: I won't stress too much about this. Do not join some random aquaintance's for you will leave soon.

Learn from your elders: If a legend or a few well known wrestlers are on send them messages and ask for advice.

Full Stafing: Never ever full staff or else you will be unpopular.
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-02-06 17:55:11
I tell the new wrestlers to specialize what they want and make thier wrestler how they want him to be.
If your wrestler likes to bite people (LOL :|) then buy bite.
If your wrestler likes to pull thier hair then buy a hair pull.
Try making your wrestler how you want him to be.
Dont buy moves just coz thier good.
Post by: Danny Scoono(64737)
2005-02-07 01:48:01
yeh i agree with Div...

Make your own legacy not someone elses
Post by: Nethaven(53734)
2005-02-07 07:52:12
*shrug* just stating my opinon and trying to give advice. If you disagree that's fine. I'm not telling anyone NOT to do something but saying that I don't think it's a good idea. About the bite and everything... well sure if you like to sure but why don't you want to buy a good move? Anyway the reason why I say no to a lot of small moves is that it increases a lot of the prices of moves and then once you start facing tougher people you will be doing a lot of small damage while the other will be pumeling you with many better moves.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2005-02-07 12:42:39
My opinion=

Buy the best moves in order to become the best!! :P
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-02-07 21:34:02
I'd like to note it is probably best for a SN to use their first special on Chokeslam, since we don't have Bear Hug in our initial moves. I've seen some do Pumphandle, and haven't tried that, so it as well may be a good one to use.
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-02-09 05:59:56
as the greatist SN and first to retire i didnt use chokeslam or pumphandle, most damaging finishers aint always the way to go
Post by: Stainless Danny Steel(28015)
2005-02-09 10:22:04
Make your char unique, Dont all be the same, tis Crap...My 13th special = Eye Poke and i cant wait..

Post by: beggar(46408)
2005-02-10 15:19:56
totally agree, make your guy unique

I bought the Hurricanrana for my SN
makes absolutely no sence at all in a meta-game setting
I just love the image of a bulky fellow performing the move
never happens in real life? hell, I've seen Earthquake do drop kicks ... if he can do that, then the Beast can do Hurricanranas
(and,hey, La Parka carried around quite a bit of weight ... never stopped him from doind areals)
Post by: Eclectic_Loner(89926)
2005-04-21 18:00:43
Ken Shamrock does a hurricanrana.
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-04-22 15:25:53
La Parka also had a good fight getting his coat off during a 20 man x-division battle royal because of said weight. Your point?
Post by: Olympic Angle(75245)
2005-04-24 13:11:25
No. First, your stat all should be 20 or less(apart from cons). Then use all ap in each stat. All Ap should not be taken away but max possibility of stat without trainer. Then, use all 500 cash on your best stat (Stiff Neck would be strength). If all money aren't taken away, that stat should max up. Then use all remaninding money on cons. If ur doing real-life wrestler (like Kurt Angle)dont buy first special yet. Collect money and buy specific move (like the Angle Slam, dont use Spear. Often ppl do this kind of stuff). I suggest use docs lvl 2. Then when u start to win and gain money, use docs lvl 1. Use all money straight away on other stat. But if ur best stat is injured (e.g. tech) then quickly max it again. Keep concentrating on consciousness. After you get a winning streak, use docs lvl 1 and fight ppl less than 200 exp (less than 170 exp is recommended). I suggest to burn all ap on cages and LMS matches. If u win when u use docs lvl 1, then lots of cash. Don't do singles or enter tourney yet. Again, use all ap on ur cons. Once cons is maxed out, do other stat. Dont do stat that u dont have, but if u have one of that type, then its best to keep it around 20. Once ur stat all maxed out (apart from stat that u dont have the move), use docs lvl 1 and collect money.

This works for me. Because I used the same method over and over again to make sure.

This method can be used by ppl who just start SPWA. This is the best method and I recommend u use a real-life wrestler. Because that'll help u a lot. You know that wrestler's special moves and the same method could be used to get second or third special. I shared this method with Deadman Undertaker. He's on the role with the method we both found.
2005-04-25 03:21:30
That is pretty much how i have always done things so it shows it works :)
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-04-25 05:42:45
Do Cages and LMS' and meanwhile try maxing out con?

What are you trying to prove?

Well, in my (humble) opinion, several things are not really that correct in this thread.

However, I bet there are as many strategies as there are wrestlers...but some are more used as others.

Following my ideas, for both techs and trads it's best to go on submission moves at first (and thus submission). SDL, F4LL, Boston Crab, the clutches, ABB, Abdom Stretch. Well you know...:)

Second thing, for Airs, specializing any move with Flying sounds a bit strange to me. Basing a wrestling strategies on lingual characteristics is a bit too far-sought I think.

For specials, I always liked the dilemma between specializing low-damage and high-damage moves.

Lower damage specialized, will hit harder and still happen more often. While high-damage moves will probably be devastating, when they happen, but the counter-ratio will increase as the failure ratio.

And you need to make your guys unique. I have three wrestlers, Thorondor before retirement Aerial, now Tech, Gwaihir Tech and Landroval Trad. They are the Eagles so Aerial moves are the way to go. And I did so with all my chars. Bought all aerials with Gwaihir and Landroval before I did the techs and strengths :)
2005-04-25 12:53:32
You dont get it do you FloriZeus. When you do Cage and LMS, if ur succesful, keep doing it for money. Then max out your best stat, then cons. Do the same thing, then max other stat. Your ap should be heaps so...It works. I suggest to do a real-life wrestler, challenging. You collect money and buy a suitable move for finisher and specialize it.
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-04-25 14:06:03
So the point to making you a good wrestler would be: noob bash until you have so much cash that you don't know what to do with it? Not buying moves at minimum will hurt you in the long run. Moves will keep going up, so maybe you're ahead at the beginning, but down later, till you have to save yourself.

Really, you don't even need to do that to get your stats up. Especially now that you start with all that Ap instead of the original 500 you did before. You can raise your stats to 3/4ths with just ap. And the first stat should always be Con for spending money. The other problem you have there is you are saying all stats must be at 20 or better. Wrong there too, you don't need Sub so much until you have Submission moves. And unless you're an Aerial, you don't need Air until you have those moves also. You have no idea how much Ap you will save yourself by doing just that.

I could go on, but I won't. I didn't have to do a lot of that after retiring. KOVOW just does that because he likes to noob bash as much as possible. And he always has.
2005-04-25 17:57:56
Yes thats what I mean. I didnt say all. Look at my stat. Aerial is 0. Also, sub doesnt have to be max but keep it around 20.
2005-04-25 18:40:33
well ok what KOVOW does:

When i was a SN i use all the ap i can on raising strength, tech and con. Then all i did was fight cages (no LMS at this time) and to be good you should lose at about 10 before spwa. With the money i raised STR and TECH before i did anything with CON. Then i raised my con.

In Law i managed to buy the top 8 strength moves yes this raised my prices alot but i was deadly in spwa and because i was winning all my fights the moves went back to min in no time at all.

Then Moves all i did with KOVOW was buy all the damaging moves before i owned any sub or pin moves and i actually won more singles than lost because i was KOing everybody now that was fun.

And look my tactic is compleatly different than any other legends but yet i am one of the most successful ( if not the most successful :P)
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-04-25 21:34:15
Hey, clown... look up the word "successful" in the dictionary
2005-04-26 21:43:31
i did and there is a picture of me next to the word, i also looked up loser and there was a picture of YOU boo ya HA!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-04-27 01:01:25
Well, I wonder in what book you found that last joke?
2005-04-27 02:43:39
The book of Duane rules and so does his jokes
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-04-27 13:51:50
how much does it cost and can i get a copy? :)
2005-04-27 18:29:48
:D you can get a copy they are priced in at $15
Post by: 4real2(147514)
2005-12-04 16:13:15
Hey some people are really unhelpful

In my opinion
1.You should specialize low damage moves so they hit harder save the high damage moves for the match if you specialize rolling germans it will hit probably 20-27 if you specialize Kick it will hit 20-27 so if you save the rolling germans in a match it will do more damege than a kick.

So bascially specialize less damage moves
Post by: dagnarus(129527)
2005-12-05 22:46:29
i wanna ask a thing....i know that i will look noobish but i am wondering this..will my wrestler make a move more constantly after I specialized it??i know it sounds noobish but plz help me....my wrestler is Gift(71518)
Post by: smoke(126548)
2005-12-06 04:34:02
dudes.. this threads like 8 months old -_-
Post by: Limerick(56750)
2005-12-09 01:19:14
Blood to you all.
Post by: Packersfan(154022)
2005-12-12 04:44:49
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106