You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Newbies
Thread: get off to a good start with your new wrestler
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2008-02-16 09:18:38
This is a guide made by Aiden Gore(106956) who is a great wrestler and great teacher. so I thought I would pass it on.

This is just a simple guide to getting started on VOW not a full guide, for that check the wiki based manual. :)

Hey welcome to my guide for VOW.

At this point i'm assuming you have made a character and chosen a style and are awaiting further instruction. (if you
have already made a character and are on a losing streak and/or have consciousness below 40 please logout and hit
detach and then 'detach' again and create a new character and continue reading :o)

Everything is confusing you? Let me start by explaining the different links for you, skip past it if you know it already,
Don't want to bore you :p

Wrestler Stats - Exactly what it says, your own wrestler's stats.

Staff - This is where you can set your different staff, read what each one does. Understand that it is unacceptable to use
Physical Trainer or Match Coach in non-tournament matches. So if you're there now just set your doctors to level 2
and make sure the others are on 0. This way you will keep 65% of your money and not get injured as badly as you
would with no doctors.

Gym - Where you can train up your stats, each stat corresponds to a set of moves you can buy in the locker room.
The more you train that stat the more of that type of move you will hit.

Locker Room - Where you can buy your moves, which isn't recommended until SPWA (the league above LAW)

R&R - DO THIS AFTER EVERY MATCH. It heals your vital life, if your vital falls you will not be performing at 100%
And when it reaches 0 your wrestler will die, yes DIE.

Ring - where your sent and received matches will appear.

Wiki based manual - This is a further read into the game, which will help you alot if you fancy a looooong read.

Tournament - Shows all the tournaments you can join, i wouldn't recommend it in LAW because they take too long, but join if
you want but not until you've hit atleast 150exp or something.

Tournament Results - where you can find all the results of the past tournaments.

Messages - any messages sent from the game or other players. The game will send you results of your matches.

Player List - displays all the players listed by the last time they accessed the game. So choose a fight from here, but more
on who to accept from and who not to later in this guide.

Legends of VOW - where 'Legends' (people who have bought all the moves and 'retired')'s names are listed, number 181 is
Your's truely ;)

All Matches - lists all the matches on VOW recently, you can type your ID in to view all YOUR matches.

Tag Teams and stables do not concern you right now, as LAWs cannot make tag teams and stables are pointless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay now then, you are a LAW which means you are under 250exp, when you reach 250exp you will be promoted to SPWA and by then
should not need my help. So what you need to do is first off make sure your staff is at doctors 2, phsyical trainer 0, match
coach 0, for better profit making skillz. Now that's done, note that you have $500 to spend at your will, what you need to do
with this is train your stats in the gym, so click gym and train your Consciousness with personal trainer, which should
require you to put 50 in the box next to consciousness. you want to max out your 'consciousness' first because it's no good
hitting moves more often if you can't last 5 minutes in the ring. So do that then come back here when that's done.

Welcome back, now you need to set your special move, and to do that go to 'Locker Room' and scroll to the bottom, Then choose
a move from the list of moves you already have, name it and write a description and buy it, this costs $0 so it's all good.

Okay so now, you're ready to fight, go to player list, and choose someone else in LAW and click their name, then look at
their exp and consciousness, make sure they are not too better than you. you've just started so you want to be fighting
people about within a 20exp range, until you get to 50exp and then you can fight people upto 100exp, and so on, just be
careful you don't want a losing streak in LAW.

You will continue making money if you keep fighting like this, and this money you need to spend on maxing your stats in the
gym and once that's done buy some moves :).. And i mean the MOMENT you get some money, spend it on the gym. ;)

REMEMBER TO HEAL ALL INJURIES IN GYM AND R&R AFTER EVER MATCH!

This is just a simple guide to getting started on VOW not a full guide, for that check the wiki based manual.

My chars ingame are: Aiden Gore(106956) Untamed Beast(188303) and Farmer Bill(211134) so message me if you need ANYTHING
(I have 3 chars because i donate REAL money to the game, do not create other accounts or you will be banned)

Mail me if:
1. you need help
2. you have some suggestions for this
3. you are confused by something
4. i've mispelt something stupid lol
5. I helped you in any way. I wanna know if my pupils are doing well :P
6. just to chat :) (i don't bite... often)

READ THE RULES AND ABIDE BY THEM.
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2008-02-16 19:53:43
I'd advise to train submission, since you have headlock as a base move, and whichever nelson it is if you're a trad, so your basically gaining a move.
2008-02-16 20:49:13
you would train submission up for only 1 move. rofl
please do not listen to anyone that suggest such a thing.
2008-02-17 10:48:30
Unless you wanna do good ;)
2008-02-17 11:59:57
well I think my record and accomplishments speak for themselves.
this is the way I have always done it. and I have done great.
so you can chose to follow aiden and in my opinon waste your ap and money upgradeing a stat that you wont use very often.
or you can use that same ap to have matches and earn more money and fame.
ultimately it's each person's decision.
there is usually more than one path to a destination.
2008-02-17 13:26:52
meh my method uses less ap, because i don't waste it on my stats ;)
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2008-02-17 13:32:19
I've taken both paths (0 Submission vs. Max Submission) and they both work fine. The difference in performance is negligible.
2008-02-17 16:56:53
I'd rather stick with the law of averages xD
Post by: The Sniper(27754)
2008-02-20 20:23:35
Perfectionism FTW, lazy training.. lame ;)
Post by: tay ncfc(183846)
2008-02-26 10:12:13
Well if Aiden had used that much AP and bought that much AP i'm sure he'd have the same amount of accomplishments.
2008-02-26 17:48:56
Omg my wife is here to defend me, weeks too late :D
2008-02-26 20:23:36
I dont donate. check my ap generation
2008-02-29 17:24:41
...anymore.
2008-03-01 12:45:05
nevermind. I donate again
2008-03-01 12:52:06
I would like to take this time to thank aiden and the persona he portrays on vow. no way for me to know if they way he is on vow is actually the way aiden is in real life.
but I have seen myself reflected through aiden. there have been times where I havent been as nice to other players as I should have. there have been times where I should of been helpful and not mean spirited. so I thank aiden for getting me to think about how I treat others when I see that aiden doesnt treat others as he should. aiden if your purpose to shine a light on me and how i sometimes treat others. thank you very much. this is something I will work on. everyone can learn something from anyone. even though I believe aiden to be younger than me. he has taught me through the way he treats others that I too need to work on how I treat others. so thank you Aiden :o)
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2008-03-01 16:09:59
I treat others as potential threats to my food supply.
2008-03-01 17:08:06
:o)
2008-03-01 17:56:20
You have issues :|
2008-03-01 20:55:57
correct, and I am working on correcting those issues :o)
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-05-06 12:44:38
**BUMP**
2008-05-06 12:55:32
made me lol all over again xD
2008-08-14 13:23:17
bump
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20