You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Newbies
Thread: Offers of Help for New/Struggling Players
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-01-29 06:34:46
After having made some what I hope are constructive criticisms recently, it's time for me to put my money where my mouth is. I'd also like to encourage other experienced players to follow my lead and add their names to this topic.

If any new players want any help or advice about getting started on VOW, then drop me a message on Dyna Mike Duncan (68566) and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

My brief VOW History:

Joined VOW in August 2005
My main character is on the Legends of VOW list 3 times + one of my other characters has joined the list too (My 3rd is a few weeks away from joining it)
Been involved in a lot of e-feds, both as wrestler and GM
I build well-rounded wrestlers usually, with good records in all match types. (If you want to build a wrestler specifically designed for one match type, you'd be better off asking somebody else)
I don't analyse move frequency/damage as a rule, so I can't answer questions on how often certain moves appear, what damage they do etc.
I don't use VOW3, so any advice I give will be based on the VOW2 format/links.

I'll help get you started with the basics, but I won't hold your hand through every match, move purchase etc - learning from experience is the best way forward in my opinion.

I log onto VOW virtually every day, so will respond to any questions regularly. Those wanting to see the basics can look at Stable number 7466 (Bulldog Kennel) as they are listed on their Stable Page.

I don't want this turning into a competition between those offering help - and I'd appreciate it if those of you with any negative comments about this idea would keep them to yourself (or at least off this thread :P)

Post by: tbragu(97303)
2008-01-29 07:35:08
I applaud you John for paying it forward as it were. I recommend him to any player looking for honest, real advice on how to start in this game.

Furthermore, the best advice I will give to any player is this:

Have fun. Any tips John or anyone else gives will all be to help you to have fun. Without fun, there is no need to be here.
Post by: NWO(138805)
2008-01-29 07:51:12
Well hell, I guess I can lend a hand seeing as I was helped by many of the old legends.

My Brief History:

I joined VOW in October of 05. My main character is a one time legend and one of the more widely known guys.

Been invovled with e-feds as both a wrestler and a GM. Not only VOW based e-feds but role playing ones as well.

It took me while to figure out how to make characters for each class, hence I went through alot of trail and error.

I can build a decent character for any class now, both geared toward one match type or for well rounded players.

I don't know the move/hit ratio or do I really care. I've been playing long enough to know which moves come up more often then others and about how much damage each move does.

I've met and made some great friends here on VOW, and am a member of one of the best(weirdest) stables out there. I would tell you the name, but most likely by the time I post this it'll have changed again.

I don't use VOW3 so if you want advise from me, it'll be on the VOW2 format as well.

So if you have any question, please feel free to ask(78660).
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout