You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Newbies
Thread: Vow Guide For Noobs.
Post by: Goober(66520)
2005-01-09 19:31:17
Ok, you just created your Vow key and are ready to play Vow.
First you must make your character, if you want 1 of the good names that are taken like Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chris Benoit, I suggest replacing certain letters with numbers to still have a pwnage name, eg Chr1s B3noit, Tr1p1e H, Shawn M1chae1s. Technical, Traditional and Power would be the best for a beginner, so pick 1 of them (I chose technical).

Now, you have your 2500 ap, 500$ and practically no stats, what you would do first is max out your staff(maxing out your staff may seam noobish but when you just start its the best way to go to win your first few noob matches), create your first free special from the bottom of locker room by specializing a known move, after you have your own custom special go and challenge some other noobs.

Dont try build your stats yet in the gym, because if you try to max them out when your max is low you waste more ap and money, so wait till the max raises a bit before going to gym otherwise its just wasting ap and money (if you have played before you should understand this)

Remember to go to R and R after EVERY match to heal up. I wouldn't worry about stables or tag teams just yet, try build up some xp and fame before going docs only or changing your staff.

Once you have a reasonable amount of xp start to edit your staff so you can gain some money. Then continue to have matches and remember to heal after each match. Once you have a reasonable amount of money and not low ap you should start going to the gym and leveling your stats. Don't just try max it out thinking it will help, always use trainer and do it in small proportions, eg do 10 ap at a time or you just waste big amounts of ap and money.

Now you should be able to fight with only docs or no staff, but if your going against high xp/stats people you might wanna use staff just a bit.

Keep leveling up your stats, winning a variety of matches, try enter some tournies and you never know, you might win a belt.

Thanks for reading my guide, please fost negative AND/OR positive comments/feedback/criticism!
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-01-10 00:31:39
Then people wonder why there are a lot of noob staffers around.
2005-01-10 05:25:12
You should only staff in the first 10 or 20 xp till you win some matches and grow a few stats, otherwise you wont win anything probably
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-01-10 06:14:52
When you staff how are you gonna get the money to put up stats..
Post by: Coneman(325)
2005-01-10 09:42:33
Another noob who has no clue.

The secret is NOOB BASHING!!!

Fight people with low conciousness...and go docs only..if you lose to them you suck
2005-01-10 11:47:30
Q: When you staff how are you going to get money to raise stats?

A: You only staff to gain xp so your stats maxium goes up then you can raise your stats easier.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-01-10 11:51:17
EEk, is this really good advice?

make a wrestler with the same name as everyone else but add your own letters? it's already confusing with the amount of similar wrestlers. be creative and make your own.

use full staff? Tarnish your reputation and gain no money??

don't build your stats up??
2005-01-10 14:26:28
Goober, no offense but I think you are an idiot...actually yes take offense.

Staffing is stupid, only in tourneys it should be done.

Going docs only and fighting people you know you can beat, or you know is going to be an even fight is what you should do. Make sure they dont staff you by choosing your opponents wisely and not being tricked into fights against people with more exp.
Post by: The Magician(76589)
2005-02-27 03:03:34
I'd like to know how do I study my opponent? I don't know this and can'T find it on the site
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-02-27 11:35:12
you can go to all matches, and type in the char number of your match in the filter box. It will show his last three days worth?? of matches. You can see what staff he used that way.
Post by: 4real2(147514)
2005-12-04 16:26:11
I have a question

Does your vital life effect you i matches unless ur gonna die but other wise what is the best rate to keep your vital life at on cons as sum may ssay
Post by: dagnarus(129527)
2005-12-04 17:18:23
this is completely nonsense...

Dont try build your stats yet in the gym, because if you try to max them out when your max is low you waste more ap and money, so wait till the max raises a bit before going to gym otherwise its just wasting ap and money (if you have played before you should understand this)

what is that??maybe u should read the manual index in the player pages and u'll understand how the legend of VOW did to retire fast...and i mean really fast(etc.bubba gump,hick bob)

why do u staff all ur staff??its nothing useful...better staff docs lvl 2 only coz u don't wanna get hurt and don't wanna be called the NoOb NoObY 1....
2005-12-04 19:22:54
what is that??maybe u should read the manual index in the player pages and u'll understand how the legend of VOW did to retire fast...and i mean really fast(etc.bubba gump,hick bob)

You mean buying 200,000 ap?
Post by: dagnarus(129527)
2005-12-04 19:54:15
buying??what do u mean??i don't mean the ap but their stats..no matter how much AP a wrestler have,they can't retire very fast for guarantee..unless they r good..(such as max stats and buy good move and specialize great move)
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-12-09 13:57:42
the more ap you have = the more matches you can fight. The more matches you fight = the more $ you make. The more $ you make = the more moves you can buy.

All this adds up to retiring quickly.

So yes, it is possible to retire quickly, even if you aren't that great. With enough ap, anything is possible :)
Post by: Limerick(56750)
2005-12-09 20:36:31
Blood to you all.
Post by: Wilson46112(282596)
2007-04-12 19:47:16
this was good for a laugh. only thing that makes since is using R&R. I hope this whole this was ment to be a joke. Full staffing does not mean you will win. I just restarted on here, new account and everything, cause I was inactive so long my account was deleted. lol. I have challanged people saying docs only cause that is all i use. I have had some noobs who full staffed me. I kicked every one of their butts too. lol

Edit: Hmmm Sorry for bring up an old thread. I would have thought in my time gone that, that far down in the list would still recent. It goes to show just how slow things have been on the forums. lol
Post by: younghcman(305741)
2007-07-13 13:07:26
ty for post, helped.
Post by: shruska18(286715)
2007-07-14 16:35:43
This could be the biggest waste of time for noobs to read. EVER!!!!!!!!!! This would just encourage bad habits with noobs and get more people angry at them. If they want good advice they would read the WIKI MANUAL or talk to a Vet. Not read some stupid advice
Post by: JopeBow(66329)
2007-07-27 09:36:31
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout