GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Question/Suggestion For Staff
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2005-06-30 10:44:18
Hey, I don't know if this is possible, or if you guys would even be interested in doing such a thing, but here goes: If there was ever a major update, then maybe you guys could make it so moves set us up for other moves. For example: You'd have to knock an opponet to the ground before you could stomp them, you'd have to Irish whip your opponet into the corner before you can superplex them, etc. What do you guys think? I'm just an oldschool wrestling fan who likes good matches. This suggestion would most likely eliminate lucky subs/pins. Not completely of course, but it would make them harder to occur. Just think about it, a person would have to knock you down in some way to make you submit (Unless a standing sub move is used: like Sleeper, or Bear Hug), or to pin you. :)
Post by: Cracka(89271)
2005-06-30 11:27:23
Thats smart but It would make the matches a whole lot longer, and probably more injuries and stuff. IDK! but i dont really like the idea because i read the matches, and that will take me a whole lot longer to read!
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-06-30 11:33:58
It's a good suggestion, but it's one of those things where I think the system would need a complete overhaul for it to happen. I'm not sure if Peter is ready, or even willing to do such a thing at present. I agree with you though, it comes back down to adding much more realism to the matches and such, and there's nothing I'd like to see more. It goes back to a long time ago on the old boards where there was a topic similer to this, and the main subject there was on counters and such. Instead of "Wrestler A counters for 7 damage" you get something more along the lines of "Wrestler A counters with a DDT for 7 damage". Again... this was suggested to add more realism to the match and keep a steady flow going. Although I wouldn't hold my breath for it in this edition, it sure as hell would be a welcomed addition in VOW 3.
Post by: zakrzak(57919)
2005-06-30 11:57:45
Good idea. I hate lucky pins/subs too...
2005-06-30 12:57:59
Glad you guys like the idea. :)
Post by: ocelot(76)
2005-06-30 13:53:00
Yes I came up with a similar idea idea (very similar) early last year, it is gone because the old forum was invaded by hackers and peter erased it.

But yes this is really similar if not the same to my idea. I was going to make a list of all the moves and moves that could counter the moves and set up moves.

Then again its all up to Peter, and frankly he has a lot on his hands :(.
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-06-30 20:48:37
The idea is good allthough not new. The problem with it is that it would demand a completely new match system - making a new system from scratch takes a lot of work and time. Balancing all the moves out take ages of testing.
I doubt it is ever going to happen.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-07-01 01:22:38
I think you should have to know the move to counter it. makes sense. If I don't know how to do a chop (yes, it's sad), then I shouldn't counter it. But then again, I like the game the way it is. It's VoW :) luck and skill both play a part. But with the skill, you can create the edge you need to become great. :) you hate pins? don't fight singles then. well, that eliminates those lucky pins.. :) don't like subs so much, well, don't fight techs :) don't like injuries? don't fight LMS, cages, pg's, sn's, people twice your experience, etc.... I could go on all day :)
2005-07-01 05:16:34
Good point Gatch: Just let me point out, I love lucky pins and subs, but most don't.. I have all the sub moves, and I'm close to all pin moves. I just think it'd make more sense if I had to knock my opponet down before putting them into the Sharpshooter. :) I agree though, it's probably too much to add. Either way, I'm still happy with VOW.
Post by: ocelot(76)
2005-07-01 19:01:05
Gatch just to make a point, every type of style is good with subs not just techs, and yes to eliminate those silly pins and subs i do other matches like ladder and LMS and yes I do beat and shut up some critics.

Frankly I too like how vow is and it should stay the way it is for a long time.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-07-01 19:12:06
true, oce, but techs are superior with subs than the other styles, which are all the same :)
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-07-01 21:24:27
This is/was a good idea. I think the next version of VOW (to come sometime in the next 15 years), WILL probably be a complete overhaul, you overhauling isn't a major issue of concern.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout