GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Some messed up move descriptions
Post by: DREAM Tiger(103437)
2005-06-11 14:35:08
I can tell these were not written by wrestling fans. I'm looking down the list and they have these descriptions TERRIBLY wrong. If it's okay with the guy who runs this thing, I'll re write ALL the moves for the sake of all those picky wrestling fans like myself...
2005-06-11 14:36:08
Quick add, most of teh mvoes are actually described well, but its a few of those "what the crap are they talking about" moves I'd like to fix...
Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-06-11 16:43:43
Namely?
Post by: yar(35506)
2005-06-11 20:17:15
is it really that big of a deal?
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-06-11 21:29:56
Go ahead and rewrite them. Post them here when you're finished. Most of the move descriptions were taken off of a wrestling website, so PLIT didn't write them.
2005-06-12 00:32:27
It's not a super huge deal, just bugs me whenever I look at them. And I should have all the moves done by tommorow since I'm working most of the day today :).
Post by: MIKExISxWAR(63922)
2005-06-12 03:50:21
the only ones that really bother me are Tiger Driver (the description they have is for a dragon suplex), and Cradle Suplex/Hanging Fallaway Suplex (same move! - fisherman's suplex based on the descriptions).

other than that, i try not let it get to me.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-06-12 04:55:51
Fallaway slam has the description for the Samoan Drop (although the description isn't that important IMO).

Also, we had many topcs on this in the old forums
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-06-12 23:47:27
Belly to belly Suplex has the description of an Electric Chair. Lionsault and Spring Board Moonsault also have the same description.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-06-13 14:45:21
Belly to Belly has the same description as Back Suplex (in my opinion)
2005-06-13 21:40:49
The Fallaway slam has the description of a Somoan drop because it is a Somoan drop. That one was researched and confirmed by the players when in the early days of the game (the Samoan drop is just a specialized version created by the Somoans)
Post by: bob the bruiser(86515)
2005-06-15 01:57:36
fallaway slam is one of Bradshaws finishers, i've forgotten the new name of it now though
2005-06-15 17:34:01
Since I'm redoing mostly every move, I've decided to take this little by little, meaning I'm only doing this one category of move a a time, here are the submissions...

====================================================

Abdominal Stretch- - The attacker, facing the opponent's back, locks his right arm around the victim's left arm. This bends the victim sideways creating a stretch in the abdominal area.

Achilles Tendon Hold - The victim is on his back. The attack grabs a leg and places the victim's leg under his arm. The attacked than falls backwards to complete the submission.

Ankle Lock - The attacker takes the ankle of the victim and twists while the victim is on his stomach. The attacker may also fall onto his back and grapevine the leg for extra pressure.

Argentine Backbreaker - The attacker lifts the victim so his back is on top of the attacker's shoulders. The attacker will than jump up and down repeatedly to stretch the victims back repeatedly.

Armbar - Can be applied from many different positions. The most common use of the hold is when the victim lies on his back; the Attacker grabs the victim's arm and aligns himself perpendicular to the victim. The attacker than falls backwards to create pressure on the arm.

Boston Crab - The attacker takes the victim's legs while the victim is on his back. The attacker places both of the victim's legs under his arms. The attacker than steps across the body of the victim, turning the victim onto his stomach. The attacker than pulls backwards to apply pressure on the victim's back.

Bow and Arrow - A very difficult move to set up. The victim is lying on his stomach; the attacker comes up perpendicular to the victim. The attacker the places his knees on the victim while grabbing and twisting the victim's legs and using his other arm to grab the victim's neck. The attacker than rolls backwards onto his back while pulling down on the victim who is on top of the attacker's knees.

Camel Clutch - The victim is lying on his stomach when the attacker comes up from behind, parallel to the victim. The attacker crouches over the victim, placing both of the victim's arms around each leg. The victim than pulls on the chin of the victim to create a strain on the lower back.

Chinlock - While the victim lies on his stomach, the attacker comes up from behind, grabbing and pulling on the chin of the victim.

Cobra Clutch - A choke hold; the attacker comes up behind a standing victim and chokes the victim with one arm while reaching under the victim's arm with his other hand. The attacker's hands lock together to complete the hold.

Crossface - The attacker grabs the arm of a standing opponent and drags the victim downward. With the victim on his stomach, the attacker grapevines the arm of the victim while reaching over with both of his hands and pulling on the chin/face of the victim.

Front Face Lock - The attacker, facing the victim frontward, grabs the back of the victim's neck and places it under his arm. The attacker than squeezes to apply pressure.

Figure Four Leg Lock - The victim is on their back, the attacker grabs one leg and bends it sideways behind one of the attacker's own legs and on top of the victim's other leg, forming a '4' with the victim's legs. The attacker holds the victim's straight leg, falls backwards to the mat and secures the victim's bent leg in place by placing their free leg on top of the ankle of the victim's bent leg.

Full Nelson - The attacker comes up from behind the victim and reaches under both arms and lifts straight up, grabbing the arms while pushing down on top of the neck.

Half Nelson - Same as Full Nelson, except performed with one arm, instead of both.

Headscissors - Can be applied from many positions, the most commonly used way is when the attacker lies on his back and wraps his legs around the standing victim's neck and squeezing.

Sharpshooter - A standing attacker approaches the victim who is lying on his back, and picks the victim's legs up off the ground. The attacker than takes his own leg and steps through to the other side of the victim's body. The attacker than wraps the victim's leg around his own leg. The attacker than turns his whole body around in order to turn the victim onto his stomach, applying pressure on the legs and back.

Sleeper Hold - The attacker comes up from behind the victim, and grabs under the neck of the victim with his bicep. The attacker simultaneously takes his other arm and places it behind the victim's neck to push downward.

Surfboard - The victim is sitting on the ground. The attacker comes up from behind and grabs the wrists of the victim and pulls backwards as the attacker also has one knee against the spine of the victim.

Wristlock - Many different variations of this hold. A common way this hold is applied, is when the victim lays on his stomach, and the attacker approaches from behind. The attacker will take one of the victim's arms and put it behind the victim's own back and press the arm upward.

2005-06-15 23:15:00
Everyone, please comment on these descriptions.
Post by: Jaysen Chambers(46756)
2005-06-16 02:45:57
very nicely done.

I give it two thumbs up!

-Jaysen "One day they'll add the dragon sleeper.. one day" Chambers
Post by: N3w Moon(43003)
2005-06-16 06:13:14
9/10

-Luna "when I do headscissors it's sexy" Scoono
2005-06-16 09:30:26
Thanks a bunch for the comments, and for the designer to give me a chance to do this... It will actually be a little while before i do the strength moves, because my sister is getting married this weekend and I'm a groomsman.
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-06-16 18:23:08
Armbar - You pull back on the arm, not fall back. Falling back breaks elbows.

Bow and Arrow - Not specifically falling back, you can also do it by rolling to the side.

Figure Four Leg-Lock - This doesn't have to be done with the victim on their back. Figure 4 is a generalized meaning. As long as you have a submission with a 4 shape somewhere, it is a figure 4.

2005-06-17 05:14:56
^^^ All very good points. For the armbar, were doing this as if it were shoot, right? So what would you do to apply more pressure? The bow an arrow actually took a while for me to think up. Rolling backwards just happens to be the way most people do it. And the description I gave for the figure four was the figure four leglock, besides, the figure four leglock was the ONLY move I copied directly from the all ready made list.
Post by: bob the bruiser(86515)
2005-06-17 07:09:12
which armbar we talking about here? theres 2

Victim is on there back and attcker grabs an arm sits down on the victims chest with one leg over the victims neck and one across there abdomin. the attacker applys pressure by pushin the victims arm into the attacekrs chest bending the arm backwards.
or the rubbish one where opponent is on the floor on their front and attacker pulls the arm back
2005-06-17 13:15:08
Lets put it this way..

Legit arm bar (MMA Style) either on stomach or back, the attacker holds the arm securely, with his ankles locked around the arm and laying across the attackers chest keeping the opposite arm at a distance, the attacker then pulls back on the opponents arm. Thats a picture perfect arm bar.

Jaysen "Still hoping for the dragon sleeper.. and a Triangle Choke" Chambers

Edit** I wouldn't mind being in Luna's head scissors.. and I doubt she'd be applying any REAL pressure ;)
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-06-17 17:57:00
There are lots of variations of armbar, and the oppenent can be any position for it. As long as you have their arm above the elbow locked in between your knees and can pull back on it to hyper extend the elbow, it is an armbar.
Post by: slangi(11441)
2005-06-18 07:50:17
somebody tell jay with that face of his and his ugly stench a woman would rather wash her mouth out with fart stains before getting that close to him
2005-06-19 08:12:52
To lock the elbow is the main key, because it causes more pain to a man that way, thats not to say if its not completely locked that you won't get a tap, because there are several steps into securing a proper arm bar, regardless - for those who watched Tim Sylvia get his arm broken in an arm bar, the ppv after on UFC, he shows each broken bone on his arm some are up near the wrist. -shrugs-
Post by: ocelot(76)
2005-06-20 17:47:35
the one that really bothers me is how the person thought a springboard moonsault and the lionsault were the same thing
here are the real disc

Springboard Moonsault- After the opponent is down near the turnbuckle, the attacker runs and to the corner and jumps and does a sit down on the top rope and rebounds into a moonsault landing stomach first on the victim.

Lionsualt- After making sure the victim is down the attacker runs to the appropriate side of ropes and jumps and rebounds into a backflip from the second rope causing the attacker to land belly first on the victim.

anotherone that bothers me is the tiger driver, i swore that was a dragon suplex
Post by: rajukingbomber(64855)
2005-06-25 14:11:12
Bob, FYI, the Fallaway slam by Bradshaw is called the Last Call
Post by: datornado25(82612)
2005-07-15 06:17:48
Why not just look up the moves on the Big Book of Wrestling Moves?

http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/bbbowm/bbbowm.htm
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21812
Logout