GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: I think I have gone mad
Post by: Seneca Pride(47426)
2005-05-02 10:18:34
I know that alot people(like me) don't really care for staff, however they give the game an added dimension.

Idea 1: Add to staff a technical advisor. He would increase the chance of countering your opponent. This would force a change in staff percentage of money since there would be four instead of three. Thus the new percentage levels would be 10% for level 1 and 25% for level 2.

Idea 2: Limit the number of staff allowed in tournament. This would add because now you know you are basically going to get full staffed everytime. This would also allow for more money to be made from entering a tournament. Under the current system I would suggest limiting the staff to 4. This force people to make decission on what is more important; doctors or other staff. If the advisor is added then limit the staff to five.

Let the fun begin!
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-05-02 11:32:24
Do I see an underlying agenda in this? Are you hoping that it gets alot of people to agree and therefore the percentage earnings of each match that is "Docs only" will increase ever so slightly? Although this would also add the trait of the Tech and therefore you would technically need a "Pin coach" to make sure that staff can be used to counterbalance every types advantage (There would probably be afew complaints about this if it wasn't), but the final one would be seen as worthless by almost everybody.

By adding extra staff when people already dislike them enough would also incite anger among VOW. Alot of people would think "Why were more staff options added when nobody uses them? The time could have been used on something more worthwhile!". And this would invariably annoy people from the other games and they would probably think "I know that VOW is Peter's "Money Earner" but how come our games don't even get tweaked when there are people donating specifcally for them?" So in my opinion by adding them you could be doing the game more harm than good :P

Although what you say about limiting the amount of staff you can use is an interesting idea. I have noticed (I'm sure everyone has)that by a person going 2-2-2 they are actually giving away 105% of their earnings and therefore they should actually be losing money but that wouldn't be fair on the newbies who don't know what they are doing and full staff without realising that people don't like it. By adding a clip (Even if it was 5) it would sort out this inaccuracy without having to take away from players wallets, but then this would also take away from the freedom of the game itself and that would be something I am more opposed to.

These are just my opinions and feel free to mock me :)
Post by: Seneca Pride(47426)
2005-05-02 11:47:02
I was just trying to add a little more spice to the game, but the money is a nice side effect. The staff limit would generate more money too. How can more money be bad?
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-05-02 11:53:24
Because money is the root of all evil :P If you haven't noticed I edited my first post so there is more to it. I hope it shows my point more clearly.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21812
Logout