You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Stat Injury Chance Too High!
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2005-05-01 17:30:39
I accepted a match earlier, and I took... 9 stat injuries! I'm a PWO too. I healed myself, and then fought another 1... 6 stat injuries! My opponets were pretty equal too. I'm always taking stat injuries. :( Can the chances of this be lowered, just a little at least? I mean, it's hard to get anything done. My guy gets KOed a lot, people try to pin him several times and he won't stay down. :( I'm not whining, I'm just wondering if this is possible to change? I can see why a lot of noobs get discouraged.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2005-05-01 17:43:42
I think it should be dropped a little. Just look at this match. This was some n00b that challenged me.

http://vow.plit.dk/cgi-bin/vow.pl?_cmd=ShowMatch&ChallengeId=708180
2005-05-01 17:45:25
Oh my gosh! That is awful.
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-05-01 19:04:11
no, thats just stupid. If you walk around with less than 20 con, what do you expect??!

Injuries are way to low in my opinion. Ever since docs have been introduced, this game has gotten way too easy. Unless you truely play abysmal, you should never have to worry about money...

If it were up to me I'd take away docs and/or increase injuries
2005-05-01 19:08:28
Oh yeah? How come my Benoit got so many injuries? His con was maxed!
Post by: Danny Blade(82684)
2005-05-01 19:12:03
I can agree with both of you.

Injuries are pretty high in matches, but i can also agree that injuries should be apart of the game.

I cant complain seems as I win a fair amount of LMS and cage matches.
2005-05-01 19:15:19
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't word it right. I'm not saying to take away injuries, I'm just saying... make them more reasonable to deal with. Make them more realistic. I never heard of a wrestler getting injured every match. I mean are we supposed to be Kung fu warriors,or are we supposed to be 'trained' wrestlers? :)
Post by: Danny Blade(82684)
2005-05-01 19:16:47
Oh right, lol

well i no further comment at this time. :P
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-05-01 19:51:14
yeah i agree with scorp ( OH MY GOD did i just say that ) before crappy docs were added this game was a challenge and a hell lot more fun, i say raise them
2005-05-01 20:00:09
I don't agree with raising injuries, but I would be for taking away staff altogether. I hear noobs all the time saying that another noob ruined their character with full staff. I just think that it's too discouraging for noobs, and noobs are the future of the game, but also... I just think that it's hard to get any matches in with so many injuries. Look at it this way: A noob starts, he fights his first match and is full staffed. He gets tons of injuries, and he hasn't enough money to fix them. What is he to do? This is going to cost the game: Revenue, members, and a lot of things. I'd say that this is just my opinion, but it's really fact. I'd also be for a new system where it is harder, but not impossible. I would love to see all staff gone though.
2005-05-01 20:10:03
I just thought of something to make it more difficult. You guys might think it's stupid. But I tried this game called NeoPets. They had it where you had to take care of your pet with food, and also his mental health - Like what you feed them would effect them mentally, and that would also effect their performance. I'm for making it harder, but not for so many injuries. I just want it to be realistic. It's not like our wrestlers are jumping off buildings.
Post by: kriegpaolo(47053)
2005-05-01 22:53:36
No I agree. Cyclops is getting too much injuries. It's nearly a 100% injury when receiving KO in a match even with docs lvl 2.
Post by: Chewie81(78827)
2005-05-01 22:57:48
I'm a SPWA at the moment And I'm just getting enough cash to cover my injuries but noth enought to get moves. Noobs are having a harder time to progress cause the get pounded to easily by reducing the injuries you might find that the number of players that stick aroung cause they are getting somewhere with the game will increase

Well thats my two cents
2005-05-01 23:44:35
Here's a compromising idea. The opposers of this idea to reduce injuries, seem to be legends. Of course you retired, and you need more of a challenge. How about upping the injuries, for the legends and decreasing them for us lowly first time noobs? That way noobs wouldn't feel over-whelmed, they would stick with the game... and when they retired they wouldn't care about the game getting harder. :)
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-05-02 01:09:10
let me think.... let me think.... no, I dont like that.

Any change made would have to affct everyone. If you want a compromise, how about this:
1) most people allways cry about staff and how they want it removed... except for docs that is
2) I prefer just removing docs and keeping the other 2

We remove all 3 of them. No more getting "full-staffed" by noobs... A whooping 10 injuries when getting KOed...

Everybody wins!!
2005-05-02 01:36:59
I do like your idea Kueller, but I don't receive my injuries from full staffing noobs... I own them anyway. :)
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-05-02 02:06:09
Bah! Back in the day, stat damage was in pretty much every match! Stop whinging.
2005-05-02 02:15:54
It's easy to say when all you guys are SSWOs and probably don't ever take hardly any injuries. Since I'm paid... I have created other wrestlers, and I've had to detach a lot. Imagine each detach as a lost player. I would think that people would be for the best interest of the game as a whole?
Post by: Samuel Miles(38200)
2005-05-02 02:42:15
Ok you guys are whinning alot about the whole staff thing, that is the point of the game it brings interest and if there is no staff then there is no point in playing the game cause then there is less obstecales(Spelling) and then less time of game play, it makes the game interesting and therefore i think the whole injury thing and staff thing should stay, if you guys are getting to much injuries its because of your own fault, i hardly get injuries ever since my first character and i have had no problem what so ever and i think the system we have should stay :D
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-05-02 02:53:23
We may not take as many injuries due to the submissions but we all get our fair share of brutalising matches, but the difference it we don't hop straight onto the forum to annoy everyone about it.

Injuries can be a way to deal with the people who want an easy time, they add a (Slight) challenge to the game in terms of saving for new moves and if you can't deal with it then you should just find some other game to play where there are no obstacles(Correct spelling :P).

I bet you're one of those people who cheats the first time they play a new game.
2005-05-02 03:40:01
Just looking over your last 20 matches(I presume you are Benoit(32655)) and for singles you have more or less the same injuries as me. The only place where you seemed to get any proper injuries was in your series of LMS with Master Chief(13783)and then a Table match against Lebster(16419). Of course when you fight these matches you wil have to face up to the fact of injuries, its what these matches are intended for(I have often heard of WWE expressing LMS matches as one of the most brutal match types they have!) If you want less injuries then fight more singles and plenty of newbs which you already seem to do ;p.
Post by: Botto(83728)
2005-05-02 03:56:13
I understand where this is coming from, as a new SPWA, I get injured every match unless it's against a noob, which puts a pretty large hole in my wallet. Losing 3 con, 2 str, and whatever else is pretty harsh to have to replace after every match.
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-05-02 04:28:29
I think the injuries are just fine. Especially since I just got KO'ed (110 consc, 111 damage done to me) and NO stat damage. I will admit this is not the norm, but it makes me happy for now.

What Kray said is true....fight only singles and there won't be nearly as many injuries as there would be in other types.

Also, you can control who you fight. Figure out who has a lot of submission/pin moves and fight them. Buy the sub/pin moves yourself...that way the chances of the match ending early are considerably higher. If you only fight people who have a lot of strength moves of course you'll get injured more often.
2005-05-02 04:37:41
Fighting people who you know have sub/pin moves may lower your chances of winning but at the same time a quick loss will give you money and little to worry about, and that seems to be a bigger concern for you.
2005-05-02 04:51:26
I guess Kray has the best suggestion thus far, and good points by everyone who has posted since my last post. :) I have no problem with singles, I do mostly singles... but that is also where most of my injuries come from. (Check my match with Armanien Beast for example.) I guess I'll take you up on the suggestion though, and try to stay away from power wrestlers for the most part. My problem is that I've noticed that when I lose for the majority of matches I lose... my character doesn't like getting pinned. He would rather get KOed. I'll just drop it, try to retire and be a stiff neck to lessen it. :) Don't think I was whining... Only reason I made this post isn't just because of my Benoit. I made LAWs, and it seems a lot harder to survive as a LAW as it was when I started. Seems some noob is always staffing, and they could have 20 less con and they still win and give you a bunch of injuries. I can just see a lot of people leaving over that... I'll just stop worrying about other people, and just worry about myself.
2005-05-02 05:12:38
I also find that in any foolish matches I partake in(Mainly against RVD but sometimes against Hick Bob and such) I am generally too resiliant to go down until I am either knocked out or my con is so low I might as well be. Also a thing that we naturally do is cast aside the memories of things where everything goes "Okay" and remember either when we smash someones brains in or when they do it to us and therefore in our minds it appears magnified to the point where it feels like all matches we ever fight in result in either oursleves or our competitor getting alot of stat damage.

Also having a challenge is what helps us to deal with problems, if everything in this game was a walk in the park(I know Scorp and IC probably think it is :P) the game would be even less fun than it is now. The injuries will give the game more satisfaction when you finally reach the target and retire.
2005-05-02 05:30:32
Kray has a way of changing my mind. Why couldn't other people explain like Kray, rather than just insult or belittle the suggestion? :)
2005-05-02 05:37:26
Usually people don't understand what I'm saying, I have a terrible way with words that always seems to confuse more than encourage :P
2005-05-02 23:51:51
you do know if you are getting to many injuries its because you are fighting people to good, if you play it right u should get little injuries and alot of cash hence all the legends do
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-05-03 00:43:16
did I hear my name called? :D I only beat the tar out of you like that Kray because your apart of The System ;)

I see injruies as just fine the way they are now. It's only natural to recieve the occassional ones in singles, seeing as it's really more to show the wear and tear of competing in the ring...if anything, there should be progressive injuries from ahving too many matches within a span of time, due to what it would do to the body.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-05-03 02:38:47
It's nice to see a discussion resolve itself without admin intervention...
Post by: Limerick(56750)
2005-05-03 03:26:39
It's because Kray is Irish...thats what this game REALLY needs...more Irish players.
2005-05-03 04:13:17
I can already see lots of insults about that remark, probably most to do with the Internation league :P
2005-05-03 06:42:32
We were screwed, kray, numerous times. Did you not see Landrovals lucky backslide? case in point.
Post by: rajukingbomber(64855)
2005-05-09 09:53:35
Alright, Raju Hardly Posts On These But This Is An interesting Subject. I Figure it This Way, You Get Stat Injurys Its Your own Fault. I Fight Plenty of LMS & Cage Matches And I Only Use Docs 2. I Hardly Ever Get Big Stat Injurys Because Ive Gone Slow And Made Sure ALL Of My Stats Are Full Before Entering ANY Match. I Know, I Know, This Is Only Raju! He Is A PWO Noob. But Look, Ive Fought RVD420 And Benoit And Many Other High Powered Players And I Hardly Ever Get Major Stat Injurys. Sure, There Are Times Where I Go On A Bad Streak But I Dont Sit There And Whine! I Work Through It And Get Back To Fighting. Dont Complain To People About How Your Getting Hurt When There Are LAW's Who Get Killed Every Day. I Was DESTROYED As A LAW And Look, Here I Am Competing With The Best Of Em In PWO. Im Even Making Majere (2nd Best Sub Percentage In PWO) Get Knocked Out in Single Matches! If You Get Hurt, Its Because Your Letting Yourself Get Hurt. Find A Way Around It And Do Your Stuff Again. simple As That. And At The End, Raju Has Said His Piece. Good Bye!
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-05-10 06:51:31
....injuries should affect body parts not stats, and these injuries should last awhile, working out with an injured body part would make it worse add realism, and also injuries to body parts would cause some disadvantages like not being able to pull off certain moves, less move chances, more damage done to you, less damage delivered, and lowering of chances of attempting moves.....
2005-05-11 02:17:03
Raju, did you just say you never complained? You quit the GWO because I beat you in a match. You are NOT someone who should be lecturing others on whining.
2005-05-11 04:32:58
Hmm, some of you are beating a dead horse here. This thread should be buried, but since it's not... let me show you this. This guy challenged me in his first match, and he took 16 stat injuries. 16! How does a new player recover from that?
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-05-11 05:36:30
it's called, they learn what not to do for their next character...
2005-05-11 05:48:09
lol so true
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-05-12 00:34:29
What about the days before staff! 20 damage could give 5 stat injuries. You new people have it on a plate and you can't accept that fact. Stop complaining and just get on with life!
2005-05-12 02:49:33
well said LK
Post by: rajukingbomber(64855)
2005-05-12 07:10:19
Limerik, I Never Said I Didnt Complain. There Are Many Things In VOW i Could Complain About.

1. GWO Is Dead, No Need To Bring It Up.

2. I Said i Dont Complain About Staff.

Now, I Agree With LK. As i Said Before, Dont Whine Bout Staff. I Came In With Staff And Its True I got it easier But Dont Complain So Much! Ive Done No Staff Matches And They Kill. But That Doesnt Mean I Wont Fight Them. Youll Get Hurt Bad Sometime Anyways So Just Accept The Fact That You Cant Help It.
Post by: a.j. styles(57811)
2005-05-16 17:26:07
as discouraging it is, i say yes take away the docs, that way dumb metagamers with all their fancy pansy moves wont get away with 200 money or less after fighting me!!! HA try that scorp and Insane, your ap wont save you now

also with the injuries up most people might not consider noob bashing a good idea as the rewards wont cover the damage.
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-05-16 19:33:36
you are aware that n00b bashing gives around $250 (with no docs) to the basher and usually no injuries, right? It wouldn't discourage, only encourage it more.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout