You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: The VOW3 game
Post by: Compaq(76990)
2005-03-22 09:05:22
This is really just meant to be fun and if you're just going to be a ass then get a life (Not saying you can't joke around through) So baisicly this is actually a thread game and we all post our own ideas for a VOW 3 (If there is to be one which is not likely) so ex:

Sub/Pin will be based on the consc differences.
You can make your own moves and choose what style.
You can combine styles of wrestling.
Blah blah blah.

Then we'll just post more ideas and at the end we'll take the best and that's the end of the game.
Post by: ocelot(76)
2005-03-22 09:48:31
how bout if you dont like vow or what it is , you get a friend who knows code and has a website and you make your own text based wrestling game? no one is going to change vow again

if you want a game then struggle like i did
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-03-22 13:13:57
Double Team Moves
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-03-23 03:13:09
struggle ocelot? :)
Post by: Compaq(76990)
2005-03-24 12:04:43
Dude ocelot lighten up. Read carefully and give me one statement that said that VOW2 isn't good. I'm just trying to make a fun game and see what everyone wants that's all. Now since you were a ass go get a life! =P
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-03-27 19:08:11
Interactivity Suggestion #1
Signature Move
This would be a simple thing, very much like the specials. Instead of being overpriced and hard to get, this will be hard to buy. How it works...
Move Name: (the name of your move)
Move Description: (self explantory)
Move Difficulty:
Hard
Medium
Easy
So when you choose the different types, it has the different damges for each... so Hard to do is High damage, while being expensive. Pretty much self-explantory. How can these moves be implemented with the current system?
Simple. Add a new attribute called Charisma. Charisma is the basis for Signature moves. Charisma is around the middle-ish of how you want your stats, as charisma is mostly needed in a wrestler's career. So if your charisma is high, you will have more chance of hitting your signature moves!

Suggestion #2
Healing
This would be a small thing, but could be a pivitol part of your match. When you hit one of your best moves, and your oppenent has a low damage, you will have time. Within in this time, your character can heal. It's like doing a move, but instead of doing damage, you heal your own. To determine your "Resting Damage", your consionous will be used as if it was a move stat. So LAW's will have low Con stats, and only heal small amounts. Meanwhile, high SSWO's with high con will gain more Con when they heal.
Post by: Nethaven(53734)
2005-03-28 20:59:58
hmmmm about the healing thing... I think althrough it'll be a hard equation or whatever lol there's a second consc. This is like how much pain your wrestler is in and this is the only stat that will heal during a match. This "Pain" consc affects how subm/pins are more likely to defeat you and it makes it harder to counter depending on the difference with your opponent's and finnaly it makes you baisicly drowzy. However ussualy you'll do signature moves when you have low "Pain" consc.
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2005-04-04 23:06:03
how about u choose a special move and u av 5 special points to distribute between power and consistency of that move.

and how about stable leaders can interupt matchs at an ap cost
Post by: ljhalfbreed(83788)
2005-04-05 00:26:08
I'm gonna sound like a Version 1 fanboy, but I *LOVE* the idea of a more 'modifiable' finisher. To be able to tweak the settings of your finisher/signature would be great. I think of various wrestlers who used certain moves quite often in a match, and so they became 'signature', but since around the late 80's, most wrestlers now have a "finisher" type move that they only pull out at the last second, usually to win a match. It'd be nice to see something like that. Just something to differentiate between 'favorite move' and 'match-winner'.

Also, I think a sort of 'bonus' to *something* when you do your signature/finishers would be great. I like the heal idea, but if that's to 'imbalancing', what about having each signature/finisher add to something else, like fame or xp, or even cash (to signify putting on a great match). I think this might even go into the idea of having a 'charisma' stat or something... I don't know. I just know I'd pay more to see a match between wrestlers that I *know* are going to be pulling out all the stops on, as opposed to two whiny children that are afraid to hurt each other. More signature moves=more stuff for player.

WE NEED A FACE/HEEL/ALIGNMENT OPTION!!!!!
We need a new stat to signify face/heel status. It'd help us flesh out our characters a bit better, and probably even help us make some good tourney events/rumbles/etc. It's nice to know if the grappler I'm facing is a butthead or someone to respect, ya know? Besides, that 'alignment' option could help affect other variables, like winning certain types of matches, or something like "Faces get more fame, Heels get more money" or whatever. Besides just helping us RP or even just enjoy the game more, it could actually be used later down the line.

And part of that... *more battle commands*

We already have staff, which can be useful, but it seems like most people stick with Doc only unless they're trying to totally get over on someone else. What about more options on choosing the match? Such as allowing people to 'interrupt' matches (or have their match interruptions interrupted!) or USE WEAPONS!!! (chairshots, tables, etc) or other things to have a chance to affect the outcome of a match? For instance, A sexy lady manager could increase your fame or xp for a percentage of your income, or a special match modifier (first blood? Submission only?) could increase or decrease end results...

And speaking of... What about an actual manager? Something like a staff member, but adds some sort of bonus to one particular area of your stats. Have it visible on your player profile, so people know you're not 'single', and maybe have it coded to where they can occasionally help out in matches. To explain a bit better I guess, it'd be kinda like giving your character a 'Special Item' like glowing swords or multi-phaser blaster arrays or whatever you see in the other games. Just make sure you balance it out accordingly....

I think it'd be interesting to see a lot more variation in the sentence setup in the match description. I may be a bit of a weirdo, but I like to kind of go over the matches in my head (USING MY IMAGINATION! MUAHAHAHA), but it's pretty annoying to see #USER throws a #MOVE for #DMG damage. What about setting up some different verbs or sentence variations? Such as:

#OPPONENT is rocked by #USER's #ADJECTIVE #MOVE for #DMG

or

#USER (throws,pulls, grabs them into a, snatches) #MOVE for #DMG

And so on. And for the record, I don't have a flippin' clue how this game is 'coded', but this kind of made sense to me when typing it. I'm just saying, someone could go onto say thesaurus.com and find a few key verbs/adjectives/phrases, and help flesh out those dry and stale match descriptions. Plus, it'll make it a whole lot easier to talk trash in RP-land when the game tells you that your finishing move put the other guy in a coma or knocked the snot out of him or whatever, instead of you "pulls a #MOVE" on him...

Hope some of that makes sense... I type too much. :P
2005-04-05 05:37:21
preach brother preach
2005-04-05 05:45:15
jsut like to say look at my thread titles for my other suggestion
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-04-05 11:05:43
Style branches would be cool, like a luchador is a mix between techs/aerials.
Post by: ocelot(76)
2005-04-05 17:13:43
*Notice how players that actually make a difference in this game arent even listening... including me, i have no idea what so ever what your talking about.
2005-04-05 18:55:44
People who make a difference? If it weren't for me, that snazzy banner wouldn't be at the top of this page ;)
2005-04-05 20:14:49
Aah, MHV1 that's why you're name is in there :)
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-04-07 21:09:27
I'm listening...
Post by: Jaysen Chambers(46756)
2005-04-08 06:44:26
Well.. while your listening.. how about you start challenging people yourself rather then have it done automatically.. i hate having all three of your characters challenging me three times in a row(keep in mind, this is three characters, which means 9 challenges).. its quite annoying to say the least.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-04-08 21:54:27
I do all the challenges myself (it's called tabbed browsing using cut and paste), and I don't read decline comments. This is how I play the game, and I do not intend to change my style. I challenge anyone down to 1/2 my experience, and if you are too chicken to fight me, then you will just have to deal with all three of my characters calling out your cowardice every other day. If you think you can't win, use staff, that's what it's for.
2005-04-08 23:02:23
Well said, I'm glad there are some people that send in challenges for a longer while than fifteen minutes. That way I can come online, fight three or four matches straight away instead of having to wait for hours for a match...

Post by: Broten1(80915)
2005-04-20 05:13:51
give Version 1 and ljhalfbreed ideas a chance they will probably help the game not be so repetitive.

YES I SAID REPETITIVE.
Post by: Olympic Angle(75245)
2005-04-24 13:46:28
Personally think that Heel/Face allignment sux. Low Blow Leg Drop was created for ppl that likes cheatings...It damages up to 17 I think. That's what my friend Deadman Undertaker say. Special Moves can do the same thing too...Alternatively, join an e-fed that features storyline/sumthing that can determine ur a heel or face.

Yes the sub/pin is annoying too. I mean, ur cons still high but? Nah, the thing is the sub is executed and it has a good chance of getting u to submit, then u tap out. Pin move that is good? I think that's the most problems ppl have. Hardly anything happens like this: Match just start and both have good cons. Both haven't done much and one pins and win the match. It barely happens...But yes, i IS annoying when ur on the role and oppponent pins u somehow and wins...that happens when match is halfway (like not short but not long).

Double Team Moves is not clean wrestling action....Yes it'd be good but...Forget about Hardcore Matches!!! I've posted that 3 times already! Sumthin that' more like it is.. In cages, 'Toss Out of the RIng'. You toss ppl over the ropes and they got slammed by the cage. No extra dmg though...

VOW is already a great game u know. People are SO DUMB!!! WANTING HARDCORE MATCHES WHILE VOW IS CREATED FOR CLEAN WRESTLING ACTION! How are u gonna determine damage done by chairshots then? 3 Chair shots and u win! That's ****#%$#&^%*@$#$^!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-04-24 15:35:36
Olympic Angle: Your an absolute idiot..

Double Team Moves are clean you idiot..
2005-04-24 16:59:07
I didnt say its 100% not clean. Im saying its bad, double team moves can cause loads dmg. I mean, what, a pathetic double team move???

It'd still be okay for me to have it Double-team as in Triple Threat or Fatal Four Way, etc.
2005-04-24 17:43:37
LoL, Div, you are right. Angle is an idiot. What's the BS about VOW being clean...???

Post by: kriegpaolo(47053)
2005-04-25 08:52:49
No. Actually, Angle is right. Double Teams and Weapons can lead to a straight KO. You do double team, opponent will most likely get damaged a lot. And vice-versa. What about weapons? You'd most likely hit 3 chair shots and you win. So does your opponent.

I know you losers like Hardcore so much. But it'll ruin the game.
2005-04-25 09:37:46
The reason why I called Angle an idiot is because of his 'Vow has only clean wrestling actions' campaign. What the hell is he on?
2005-04-25 17:59:53
Kriegpaolo's right! Hardcore ruins the game. Its not camapign or anything, but ppl just brags for weapons to be allowed. Before you signup, you should be able to read: Good, Clean wrestling actions. If you dont agree with that then dont sign up.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout