GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Player owned feds
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-02-09 07:11:43
When I retire(If I'm still playing) I'd go for the player owned league, but why a league, instead a completely different federation. VOW is a federation and then this would add competition between federations. In these federations the owner decides who is in what league.(for ex. a cruiserweight league) I also think a league should cost money not retiring maybe like 50k(doesnt change)you can have co-owners who share the price, but have to pay +25 k, for every additional owner. Players could apply or get invited into these federations and make money off a pay check which is based on fame. Also, fed fame could be added to the federations in which a federation gets fame which is 1/1000 of the total fame of the wrestlers. The fed fame is added to the base fame of a wrestler. (I'd prolly quit before I retire.)
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-03-03 22:34:36
A similar idea was considered for VOW 2, but it was decided that the player population was not large enough to support player feds. If players find getting matches hard now, just imagine if talent was being syphoned off by player feds.
2005-03-04 00:29:28
I see, but they already have some efeds, just that it could be more organized, also you could hold more than one contract, branching off of VOW.
2005-03-04 01:22:53
If you can interfed fight, there is no point in making player-run feds.
2005-03-04 01:41:10
I just think that if we could work with VOW and the efeds that are based on VOW fights, you can locate members of GWO, XWC, EPW, etc.
2005-03-04 01:55:12
That's all roleplaying, and roleplaying won't be supported beyond stables. While I think it's great that VOW has spawned lots of peripheral role-playing stuff, we can't be expected to support it in the game mechanisms:

1) It takes a considerable amount of time to make changes in the game, time that Peter does not have now to spend.

2) Player created role-playing entities are transient. Why spend lots of time supporting something that will cease to exist eventually?

3) Role-playing is not constrained by time and space, just by the imagination. As such, the role-players should adapt to the mechanisms in VOW as opposed to VOW adapting to the role players. If something in VOW does not fit the role-player's universe, then their universe is flawed, not VOW.

There are about 1000 different things that could make VOW better. For most, the time of implementation is not worth the in-game benefit, and for the rest, the time of implementation is just not compatible with Peter's current RL situation.

Also, think about this: If every player proposed change was implemented, just imagine what a monstrosity VOW would have become. We'd probably lose more newbies than ever, simply because they couldn't figure the game out in less than 10 minutes!
2005-03-04 01:58:00
Its not worth the time, I guess its organized enough.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout