GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Vacation mode
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-02-09 00:24:36
Now this is just a thought...but of all the changes that people seem to want, I find this the most appealing of all.

PLAN:

Have a vacation mode, in which the wrestler can fight no fights or even log in for that matter, nor accumulate AP, but does not lose fame. Vacation mode ends either via just logging into your account or entering a certain keyword (sent to you via email). Vacation mode would have a minimum time (24-48 hours) to prevent people from abusing it as much.

The reasons I suggest this are many; however, it can be summed up in a few.

1) I did not have internet access all Christmas break (two-three weeks), so I accumulated my 500 ap cap rather quickly. I also lost a good amount of fame. It is a good month past Christmas break and I am still trying to recover from that loss of fame

2) I have had people turn down my challenges by saying they want to fight people with more fame (which my lack of access caused in part)

3) It is almost worth simply fighting the donators even when you know you don't have a chance, because the amount of fame they have will net you about the same amount of money as if you had won against a lower famed opponent. And with the trend of the subs lately, you hardly get any injuries this way as well.

These are the three biggest reasons why I am a supporter of such an idea...I could add more but I'm late for a class right now :)

edit: forgot to add that I don't know whether you would want a general vacation mode (one that would put all your PLIT accounts in vacation mode), or just game specific. However, the general one makes more sense.
Post by: Cortez(15600)
2005-02-09 00:35:35
"Have a vacation mode, in which the wrestler can fight no fights or even log in for that matter"

"Vacation mode ends either via just logging into your account"

could you explain?
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-02-09 04:59:27
nor accumulate AP: Doesn't make much sense, fame comes back in time, AP is the biggest part lost during this time.

I asked Peter for this a long time ago when I was gone for around a month and a half. He said no, you have enough to build your character again when you return without it.

Don't really agree since we can have 500 ap max as non-donators, but that was the ruling. I would probably be retired by now if this was there.
2005-02-09 09:42:29
Well, another game I play (and no i won't advertise it) :) has a vacation mode where you have to enter the key to put your account INTO vacation mode (emailed to you). Logging into your account reactivates your account.

The other option is to have the key to unlock your account, which might be a bad idea if people delete the email...

I have since found a possible flaw in the system. The biggest *possible* flaw in the design is about tourneys...However, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. A person has to decide whether he wants to leave his account active for the tourney, thus risking a first round loss and losing fame for the remainder of the time he/she is away from their account. Otherwise, they can forfeit their spot in the tourney (if the account was in vacation mode).

It is not even plausible to even suggest that a tourney be put on hold if a person has their account on vacation mode; no tourneys would ever run.

------------

All in all I think it's a good idea, because someone has to choose between the loss of fame and ap gain or losing the ap and not losing the fame. Plus the minimal length of time will provide some relief to the server, as people won't be logging in during the minimal time.

yeah i guess i should stop before i repeat the whole first post :)
Post by: Div(17156)
2005-02-09 12:52:53
"I asked Peter for this a long time ago when I was gone for around a month and a half. He said no"

WOW!! What a suprise
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-02-10 09:38:02
It hasn't made too much of a difference. I apparently came back and did well after vacation.
Post by: kriegpaolo(47053)
2005-05-06 23:17:29
Keeping fame around 100-200 is not bad, but you should challenge ppl in tables/cages/LMS. It gives lots money even with low fame. PWO/SSWO uses singles lots coz they have lots of fame.
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-05-06 23:57:43
100-200 is crap :s what the hell u on about you are a noob aint ya
2005-05-07 08:11:55
wow nothing like beating a dead horse. The thread is over three months old.

anyways:
1) The key is not money in and of itself. It is more ap/exp ratio that is important. If i can win two outta three singles with pretty minimal damage done to me, then I have a better net gain of money than one cage/LMS matches where I accumulate a lot of damage (which is typical of those types of matches).
2) I'm a trad, so why would i fight matches where I can't use my pinning % bonus?
3) That strategy is not a very good option for someone who has most of the pinning/submission moves.
4) I have worked my fame up to around 430 now, four months after christmas break (after which my fame was below 200).
5) That is not why most PWO/SSWO fight singles...it's already been explained in point #1 though.

Signing off,
©BttW™
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout