GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Reccomendation
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-12-20 07:17:26
I think we should have rewards for recommenders. Like when you make your account you get a little box 'recommended by:' and the recommender get's like $1000 and the Recomendee gets $500.

Only problem with this is - Multis. But they would be found out eventually (as usual) and then the bonus they received won't matter.

Any improvement on this idea or faults?
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2007-12-20 23:55:35
In theory this is great. But you yourself pointed out the drawback. Multis. One person could recommend themselves two or three hundred times, and get so much money they would have an unfair advantage.

If this were to be done, ap as a bonus would be the way to go.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-12-22 16:12:23
Would this be for donations or accounts made?
Post by: Sargeant Rob(21584)
2007-12-23 16:05:37
That sounds like a good idea.
2007-12-24 17:47:22
Erm either, or let's go mental.. both. xD
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-12-26 22:37:23
its a good idea and it will or should mean that multis loos all accounts. even if its a donater account. what i mean is a donater should know better in the first place doing multis. if he gets busted doing it his chars are all compleatly reset. back to 0 exp. if you cheet you deserv the pain! lol if you have 11 accounts you get to keep one. how ever it gets re set too so all exp ap has been taken away. seems simple.
Denzil
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2008-01-28 02:30:16
Great idea. Just stipulate that the new player get at least a 3 month donation started "before" they acknowledge that someone else recommended them :). That would nip your "multi" issue in the bud :) :) :)

Other online games use the "recognition" reward system : and they all require a "paid" account of some type...to avoid misuse ;).
Post by: yar(35506)
2008-01-28 10:10:59
I recomend that peter sell the game to someone who has the time to invest in it instead of letting it sit and die. The game has gone so far down hill lately that I am real disapointed.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-01-28 10:41:32
While I agree that certain developments would enhance the site, and feedback from Peter about the recommendations would be appreciated, I can't see how the GAME has gone downhill recently.

The game has stayed the same (apart from the new move descriptions in matches) for quite a while now, so it isn't the GAME that has gone downhill, but the activity on chat and the number of new players joining and sticking around that is the biggest problem. Well, in my opinion anyway.

VOW isn't just about the game and the fights to me, it is about the people/friends we log on to see + chat to as well. This definitely isn't the same as it used to be.

Add to this the number of people who fail to make it into SPWA, let alone past this stage, and it is easy to see why the whole VOW experience has deteriorated.

What is to blame for this? The veteran players (myself included) need to take their share of the blame for not encouraging newcomers enough. The noob-bashers (both in matches and in chat) are another factor that has to be considered. The lack of feedback from Peter + the Mods is another. No new in-game developments are but a small factor in my view. The game hasn't changed, the people playing it and the attitude of those people has.

Basically, we could all do better!!
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2008-01-28 13:59:59
Hmmm. I have a few ideas and I'm going to use some contacts to get them heard with the big guys. See, one advantage the other game has is that it's advertised and updated on the go. Although that game was a half baked version when it was released.
2008-01-28 20:35:33
John I should have been more clear,

The game has stayed the same (apart from the new move descriptions in matches) for quite a while now, so it isn't the GAME that has gone downhill, but the activity on chat and the number of new players joining and sticking around that is the biggest problem. Well, in my opinion anyway.

That is really what I meant, the amount of quality players sticking around and advancing through the leagues. Seems like you need to stick around all day just to get a few matchs. I have seen alot of friends leave the game, but there are still alot around. We need to light a fire some how and get new players to love the game as much as we do. Obviously the game is lacking in offering something that other games must offer as they are here for a few min and gone.
I am not slamming the game, look how long I have been here, but maybe we need to look at other games and see if VOW is missing something they offer, and add it to VOW.
or it could be the amount of matchs they can fight as a non donator.

144 AP
200 bonus Ap
344 Ap

thats about what 4 LMS matcha day when you figure in stat damage and healing

of course if you fight differant matchs you can fight a little more ofton. But alot of people are going to games that lets them play more ofton, I see this as a problem.

I also know this game was made to make peter money, and I dont fault him for that at all. But even in business, you alter your price and service from time to time to make it appealing to new customers.

So I think we need to figure out how to bring new blood into the game and once they are here how to keep them.

I feel that will be up to the vets, maybe we need trainers to help people through the beginning stages, maybe the mods could be a little more lax with new players and give out a few warnings to laws so they dont get frustrated and leave cause they broke the rules before they read them, which is no excuse I agree, but with chidren you dont treat them all the same, your more forgiving for younger ones and maybe we should be too.

I dont have the answers, But I would be willing to donate my time to help the game in anyway I could. If you need a trainer I could do that, I just hate to see VOW a shadow of what it once was and could be again.

And if it ever did come up for sale i might even buy it rofl
2008-01-29 05:56:21
I agree totally Ray.

Peter has stated that VOW has for some time been costing him money, rather than making him any - which can't be good for him or the game.

Something has to be done to alter this. If the game is not generating cash, then the simple economics are that there is no money there for investment in improvements.

I know the AP limits/generation for non-donators was designed to persuade more people to donate so they can get more AP and therefore more fights, but the way new players are treated, the bickering and caftfights between experienced players in chat and the emergence of other (lesser :P) games that give chance of more fights in a day are possibly putting people off from becoming donators.

I'm not on as much as I used to be myself, but I rarely see any of the Mod Characters in chat these days giving warnings etc, I don't see players offering advice or warnings as often as they should do seeing as many seem very quick to jump on the bandwagon + ridicule/slate/bash newbs + noobs alike.

Yes, some deserve the ridicule when they won't/don't/can't take the advice being offered - but when that happens in chat and other new players see it, what sort of impression does that give?

I'm always willing to offer advice, answer questions etc. - I just need to curb my instinct to join in the ridicule of those who don't learn or listen.

Many players helped me when I first started - it's about time I paid that forward in spades
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2008-01-29 07:33:25
I agree that for a game to stay alive, it needs to evolve. I have heard of updates happening, yet still haven't seen them. I competing game came along, and took some good players, and no change. What will it take? We can only as players suggest so much before something needs to be done by the owner.
Post by: The Sniper(27754)
2008-02-01 18:53:55
Ima take a stab in the dark at this one, I have no real plan on what I'm writing just gonna hope I hit it.

I look back at the days when i started in VoW, back when stats were insanely low to start with, nearly no money and 500 Ap. It was alot harder to get the ball rolling in them days. This did drive away more players than it attracted, but once you get over that initial hurdle the game became really fun cause you felt you had achieved something. Plus the divide between you and other players wasn't as great. I mean for me guys like black demon and scropion and such were along way ahead but most players were within near reach of me.

The point I'm building to on this is... as people play get higher and higher there is usually some sort of elitist feeling that they are superior to newer wrestlers. I'm not saying all people do this, but I remember there being very few bad egos in early VOW (With the exception of KOVOW and Matt Hardy Version 1 :P) and the general tolerance was alot better. Now people have had to listen to the same crud sooooo many times before that they stop being helpful and almost become intolerant of new players.

As I say i am shooting in the dark, but even though I still love the game after a few months inactivity there is a slightly.... I guess negative atmosphere is the best description I see around VoW. More of the elder community should have a laugh amongst each toher and include new players

I for example when I get challenged by anyone try and put some sort of conversational comment in the text box, and will usually try and start a covnvo in the chat afterwards. if I get a challenge from a LAW I will always decline and ask if they are sure they want to fight me, and recommend fighting within their own league. If they challenge me again, I see them as fair game but thats beside the point :)

my point is we need to start having fun with each other again rather than just making this game a mindless leveler where the experienced players scoff at the slightest hint of noobishness from as new player.

Yes they might be being annoying, but treat them like a newb not at noob :)

Snipers random shot in the dark... pun intended :)
2008-02-01 23:42:53
All I have to say is ...

Well said Sniper!
Post by: Me(316143)
2008-02-02 14:29:43
Snipers right.

When vets are having intelligent conversations "noobs" tend to shut up while "newbs" chime in. It's up to vets to build an atmosphere that is enjoyable (to all) and not TO hostile towards new players.
2008-02-02 14:39:36
Agree with Sniper, but not 'Me'.

You can't decide what people talk about, most of the time on chat i talk about the most random crap, last night it was a bloody RP Pokemon battle for like 2 hours and thats how i like it, able to chat about what i want. If we suddenly start up a chat about the advance technicalities of the games and it scares off noobs that's their problem, they should get involved and learn or start their own conversations there is enough room in chat for more than one topic of conversation.
Post by: Me(316143)
2008-02-02 19:43:55
I took part in that battle XD (I caught this master ball that was thrown at me and have since used it...)

I was vague, by intelligent I meant something more then "Ne1 wnt a fite?!" and bashing on those people.
2008-02-02 21:09:28
So you were... The Beast?
You attacked me in that fight! XD
Post by: denzil(82151)
2008-02-06 05:07:22
Did you buff your char in the Gym yet? There is two ways of doing it. Did you buy your special move in the locker room yet? Always use R&R or DIE! This heals life not stats.

Oh ye also use Doctors level 2 to save your stats from being killed off. You will die if ya don’t. Save $ to heal buff and buy moves. Docs level 2 dave your stats and you don’t have to buff as much.

Way back in the day Peter asked me why I donated for others and typed in random help tools as above state.. He thought I was a ritch spoild kid. It was so funny when we spoke and he learned I was a blind penshioner. I just told him I have friends that play and I wanted to see them continu to play. If I had the money I had no probs donating for buds. Some times even strangers that I thought where cool and good for the game I donated for. To have a good atatude and to want to play and want to learn about the game is all vow is . if you put in you will get something out of it. In my case its good friends.

So it comes down to chat and newbis folloing up and becoming pwo sswo and vwo now. this is not easy. I don’t see people talk about move sets or let a law know that his fame is what pays the other guy etc. just the little things help. A single question can get lots of questions and before you know chat is a Q&A bord. Some times it can be funny and enjoyable to see some yong players do well with advice. This is the sort of player I use to donate for.

Real life stuff. Players come and players go. Friends come and friends go. No point getting up set with friends leaving because its V.O.W’s falt. All this means is the world is full of new friends in vow . you just have to look. Tthink abut your life for a sec. friends play school kids. Are you still friends? Grade school friends . are you still friends? High school . etc work buds that have moved on from schooling.are you still friends or have a compleat new groop of buds. Its just growing up and llearning about life. We are here a short time on this world. It screams bye quick. I am thinkng of Scotty right now. Now there is a guy. Fun norty and a lout and was in trouble with the mods too but its easy to see this guy as a full on loveable dude. I did love him as a True bud. I miss him. I have been away from VOW for a wile after this. On and off. But I still have Friends on. So lets just get along all and try to help the game. Just like the first few coments up top I make in chat. Realy when I am on I never see this help unless its asked for. Just do it guys. Make new friends.

You know I think I might have been raveing? Oo oh well. Yep I have a drink beside me now but it’s the trueth. My next SA in a week or two. Please check for spelling☻
2008-02-06 15:22:07
You never donated for me:( but good advice all in all:)
2008-02-07 10:05:59
:| Good advice Denz... but... off-topic. :|
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout