GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: A Few Ideas...
Post by: Me(316143)
2007-09-30 19:24:02
1. How about a separate chat only accessible to people above LAW and legends going through LAW again? (I am so tired of LAW spam I could puke. And I'm willing to bet money I'm not the only one)

2. How about the words "click for help" being a link to the wiki manual on the chat so we can stop explaining where it is to each new player who has a thousand questions we just finished answering?

3. The second to the top line of words in the gym is off center and keeping me up at night trying to center it with my mind. Fix it!
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-10-01 01:26:37
1. This idea has been suggested before. It's still a great idea, though. The most popular suggestion is to open chat at 50 exp.

2. The Wiki manual link should be in BRIGHT BOLD TEXT.

3. After 3 years I've honestly never noticed that before. I too shall join you in trying to center the text with my mind.
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2007-10-01 02:37:54
Rob, when I clicked on your red link...it sent me to a website for "depends" :(.
2007-10-01 16:30:41
at least it's something you'll use BB.

But really, I'm so tired of hearing noobs fight over meaningless things (I'm the best! No, I;m the best! {they had a unified con stat of 60}) And they same question over and over. It wouldn't be so bad if some of them listened!

So I would like to be able to totally block them out and stone wall their questions with links to the manual.
Post by: Prince Of VOW(270242)
2007-10-02 20:00:05
an 'ignore' system including, but not only for, chat would be great.

If there is someone you don't like on the game, choose to ignore everything like.. comments in chat, personal messages, matches etc.

It would take a while though to ignore every single nooby law though...
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-10-03 08:12:39
do it as a filter. set as exp so you dont see law chatter. The second one would be to add in a id box so you can block a id. from chat. LOL the problem is the chat mods will still have to run standared. to get spammers etc. so there is the second question who is going to help laws? i see all the vets running to hide behind filters and just chat mods doing it. fare isn't it! its great to be a mod! lol. personly now i am doing mass study right now i dont realy have time for to much chater and i dont see the oldys on as well. but life goes on and lets see what Peter and the boys come up with. I too have to train my pc to speak words right. so fa about 30 or so for vow.
2007-10-03 15:31:46
lol, love ya denzil :D

Who will help the LAWs? Heres a novel idea, the manual!

And this could be optional so, if you feel so inclined, you can keep your chat normal and help the laws.
2007-10-03 19:04:38
it dont happen often i know but what if a law has a good idea? lol oops its a law right!

some times the manuwell dont help with bad manners etc. but at least the report butten is there now. hints and tips for spwa will be lots more prevlant then. because there not going to learn the newonaces of the game.
2007-10-04 20:35:30
Fact is thus: The kind of noob you describe is a rare commodity.

And there is nothing stopping them from taking a second play through, and if there are a bunch of them reaching SPWA with know knowledge of the more subtle nuances of the game, won't there be no real advantage to anyone?
2007-10-05 07:13:27
so its gona be the king of the newbs Dave\Edifire and me. ow ow to be a newb. you will end up with some real dum ass spwas and yes they most likly will be multys because they whish to do better on a second char. it happens more than you think.
2007-10-05 08:10:10
As true as that may be, is it any different right now? Most vets already ignore noobs and the ones that don't are often ignored by noobs.

Can we agree that some form of noob restraint is necessary? One to end pure spammers and two to end the barrage of manual answered question.
2007-10-05 23:21:52
well as kish use to say its a police state. so if you start stopping chat for newbs it will be getting this way. hell if you have more than 10 chat banns you should loos chat full time as well for the health of the game too if you are putting laws on the D.O.A list. I wonder how many vets would get chat taken off them if this happened.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout