GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: VOW3
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-05-27 21:09:09
Few things with VOW3 you may or may not know about. ;)
♦ In staff and gym it says the same explaination for both gym and staff.
♦ When someone sends an empty message on chat, it makes it look as though they are saying the last person to speak's name and their message.
♦ A minor mistake - mispelling of the word 'Challenge'.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
Aiden
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2007-05-27 21:38:14
Yeah, actually, I found another typo, on the home page, it says "Who are our Sponsers" It should be Sponsors
Post by: thekid(278288)
2007-05-28 18:21:02
Sometimes when I get on there it says welcome hariss, then sometimes it says welcome Ironman.
Post by: plitdeveloper(267778)
2007-05-28 18:49:50
Cheers for the bugs, means somebody actually looking at it :) i fixed the chat part and correcting spelling. The harris part means you either didn't login in first to vow via browser or you timedout which means relogging in. I'll change harris To more meaningful warning message.

keep the bugs rolling in!!
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2007-05-29 16:13:11
Another thing, I don't know if this is a bug or just forgotten, but fame isn't shown on the wrestler's statistics
Post by: thekid(278288)
2007-05-29 17:17:08
It does for me.
Post by: ocelot(76)
2007-09-19 00:17:50
I have a question? Why make or even call it VOW3 if it only changes the interface and not the gameplay? In fact VOW3 lowers playability and performance, due to to the use of adobe flash player 9, longer load times, and to be honest it has even less personalization, and frankly is confusing and isnt really a big technological step. Why change something that has been working for the last 3 years?
Post by: Bret Hart(73101)
2007-09-19 04:08:38
I actually have to agree with Ocelot... Although I think VOW needs a change, but it needs the right change. Personally I just hope that we won't be forced to use VOW3 once it's implemented. It just looks more complicated and confusing to me. Arena and Ring... don't see a difference of what they're for. You can't look up players on there, at least I can't. Right now I use the message system to look people up to send messages, etc... because I sure don't remember everyone's IDs. LOL! But like I said before I'll wait until the final version of VOW3 before I pass judgment because I know it's not near completion yet. But I still don't want to be forced to use it, because I'll probably end up quitting if it's a force feed and I don't like it. Flash always has so many errors as well, and it is very slow. :( But as long as I can still use the current VOW then I'm happy.

On VOW3 you can't mail the stable in mass mail... I heard there will be a stable chat, but that does no good when your stable members are all on different time zones. Also, you can't look up all matches or old matches? VOW3 makes me feel disconnected from the VOW world. That's why I am not happy about it thus far.
Post by: The Sniper(27754)
2008-01-27 17:44:08
I realise this thread has been unused for ages, but I haven't been here for the entire time its been being impletemented so I would like to say something... plus there is less feedback tahn I feel there should be for something that could well be a major alteration to the game. So here goes

Good points: -
- There looks like there is plenty of room for customisation, the pictures of the wrestlers add the ability to give your wrestler a custom design. Although a small feature its one new players will appreciate and will attract more people to the game and people like myself who have more fun creating the charatcer will find very appealing. (BTW I realise everyone looks exactly the same at the minute but still)
- The information displayed on screen is always up to date, and doesn't require you to refresh every few seconds to keep an idea of whats going on.
- The general layout is neat and looks fairly professional, it could always be improved but now it actually looks like a game. Plus the player search mechanism looks really cool.
- The ring does look fairly simple to follow, and I do like the sound effects included with it. There is a lot of expansion that can be done here, like players getting more bloodied up as they take damage (like Quake), or making a new dimension of play all together like including health of different body parts (Like Smackdown vs. Raw). Essentially there is alot of potential to improve in the Ring section

Bad Points: -
- Though it does look professional the overall layout is rather drastically different, and even experienced players can quite easily get lost looking for where the new buttons are... It might be worth keeping all the links down the side in the same order under the same names so we can easier find what we are looking for.
- The lack of any real player screen stops players using their banners and pictures. In some cases where people have like 9 videos running on their one page it is a good thing, on others where just a couple of images are used it robs that dimension of customisation, one I rather liked.
- Like ocelot said it takes longer to load, which for dial up users that have to wait a while anyway(Not that there are a great deal of them still around but still) will find it a pain to have to wait for adobe as well.

Of course alot of the features haven't been fully implemented yet, butgenreally I like the look of the new layout. I don't see the harm of keeping the old system for more traditional players either. So lets see if this prompts a few more responses :)
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2008-01-28 01:54:58
Issues with Flash :

Load time probably will chase away the majority of your "potential" new players. Alot of people play the game from work or college, which have become more restrictive on "flash" style websites ( whether by application or advertising banner ). I know alot of people who are using "out of date" pc's, and will have issues with accessing VOW3 w/o lag.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2008-01-28 13:56:57
I'm not sure on the status of VOW3, although I do fear the worst (i.e. it won't be updated further).

I think there would be an option to play with the old style browser if the full VOW3 ever went live.
2008-01-29 07:45:41
I'd say that is fair, have the best of both available. One thing I do like about the flash system is the step by step reading process makes it alot more exciting to read the match. I was in a single on the edge of my seat not long ago in a match I woulda just skimmed to the end in the normal VoW :)
2008-02-09 19:17:51
May I ask any of the Plit Staff whats going on with VOW 3? I realise you guys don't have enough hours in the day to focus much on it, just want to know if its gonna be a thing to look forward to, and how its coming along.

Short version? Wha's happenin' Cap'ain?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout