GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Title Defence Bonus || Technicalist
Post by: AstonS(157769)
2007-01-26 07:44:35
Way back when, you could enter the tournament of which you were champion, which offers a chance of getting money again from winning the tournament again, but since that has been changed, the champions arent getting what they deserve in my opinion. I know they get the fame and money per day, but i think that there should maybe be a cash bonus for a title defence.

Well, thats my opinion. What do you guys n gals think :)
Post by: horne 86(108503)
2007-01-26 07:55:26
That wouldn't be a bad idea; some could argue that you benefit more from winning a tournament than you do from defending a title.

Look at it this way, someone could win 4 VWO or SSWO tournaments and never win the title and end up with 20000$ or you could win the title once and defend it 4 times. Somehow, it would almost seem more logical to never win the title when it comes to money.

Perhaps, since the champion is the champion and get rewarded everyday they should not get quite the reward a tournament winner would get but some kind of monetary reward would be nice for defending a title perhaps the amount can increase per title defense. It would give people more of a reason to stick around and defend their belts before promotion.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-01-26 12:33:51
In theory a good idea. It was possible for the title holder to win the tournament again and get 2 lots of prize money in the past. I agree that it shouldn't be the same amount as the Tournament winner.

Perhaps a seperate prize could be awarded to the winner of the Title Match, whether that be the current Champ or the Tourney winner - a set fee of 5 times the entrance fee instead of 10 times
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-01-26 16:56:13
or its easyer to turn your staff off and have a normal match which pays better because this guy has been getting fame every day. if you like you might look at upping the rate of money for the belt holder. say 100$ per day. this would make joker realy hapy. he would not need to fight to become a legend. he would get his 400 to 500 $ per day and just stay there . if he lost he could come back and get 5k more. so be carefull what you ask for. i see lots of ppl wanting thre +3 dmg back since BA is not around now or the other top 8 guys as well. its always the lesser ranks looking to get ahead.

lol i am not pointing finggers or nothing just seeing trends in this game. you too will see it if ya here long enuf.
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2007-01-27 01:59:44
"or its easyer to turn your staff off and have a normal match which pays better because this guy has been getting fame every day. if you like you might look at upping the rate of money for the belt holder. say 100$ per day. this would make joker realy hapy. he would not need to fight to become a legend. he would get his 400 to 500 $ per day and just stay there . if he lost he could come back and get 5k more. so be carefull what you ask for. i see lots of ppl wanting thre +3 dmg back since BA is not around now or the other top 8 guys as well. its always the lesser ranks looking to get ahead.

lol i am not pointing finggers or nothing just seeing trends in this game. you too will see it if ya here long enuf."

-----

Cough cough *Deadman* Cough cough

I would like to know if there has been any tournament winner who has deliberately lost the title match since the tournament modifications were implemented. I don't see it as a loophole though.
2007-01-28 04:51:15
I was thinking about doing that. but i dont want to loose all my hard work to bbecome champ
Post by: horne 86(108503)
2007-01-29 06:23:44
"or its easyer to turn your staff off and have a normal match which pays better because this guy has been getting fame every day. if you like you might look at upping the rate of money for the belt holder. say 100$ per day. this would make joker realy hapy. he would not need to fight to become a legend. he would get his 400 to 500 $ per day and just stay there . if he lost he could come back and get 5k more. so be carefull what you ask for. i see lots of ppl wanting thre +3 dmg back since BA is not around now or the other top 8 guys as well. its always the lesser ranks looking to get ahead.

lol i am not pointing finggers or nothing just seeing trends in this game. you too will see it if ya here long enuf."

----

well, to be honest, by the time you heal from the damages sustained you really don't come out making that much, I remember when Will and Bodybags (2 of my chars) went at it for the RIAC title, it didn't really pay off for JBV. I wouldn't mind them upping the cash for title holders in VWO perhaps making it different from SSWO, it would just give me more pleasure when I win the titles in VWO but as far as lessor ranks looking to get ahead, can't really disagree with you there, then again, it isn't the lessor ranks whom would be in title matches, speaking of which, when was the last time you were in a title match? :p
2007-01-29 06:26:40
Yep. Apart from LAW, and maybe SPWA, the lessers dont really get to the title matches as often, because PWO, SSWO, and VWO have such a vast span. I think there shouldbe a bonus included, otherwise, i wouldnt be surprised if people won the tournys, and left all staff off in the finals to try and loose, so they can just ente again and win the tourny again, for more cash.
2007-02-19 11:33:35
Any new ideas?
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout