Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: VOW President
Post by: Wolverine(1)
2006-11-13 22:30:07
Hi,

We are designing a new feature for VOW, I am not sure if it will be called the VOW president but anyway it will be a position one player can hold.

We are thinking of making more than one special position, nothing is finalised yet.

I will post our ideas later but before doing so I will ask all players to post any ideas no matter if good or lame. We will then sort through the ideas and decide what to use. Even if you post a idea you think is a bit lame someone else might modify it to become great.

We are looking for ideas on how players are elected to these positions and what powers positions should have.

I will post our own ideas in a few days. The reason I will not post our ideas right now is that I want to hear ideas from players which are not based on our ideas.

Thanks
Peter
Post by: yar(35506)
2006-11-13 22:45:49
Well, this will take some thought.

To make it fair for all players I would say that it has to be done in a way where it doesnt turn into a popularity contest.

Maybe go on a points stystem some how, where you rewarded so many points for various tasks,

such as voting,(which might motivate people to vote more ofton).

Winning tourneys.

Being active

following the rules

etc...

This would narrow the competition down and maybe have the remaining canidates give a speech in the forum as to why they should be president. and have peter decide the winner once a month?

What powers should the president have? how about a +1 to their damage, They should not be allowed to mod the game in any way though! need some help on this one lol
Also I think they should have limitations on their time in office, and when they have served their time as pesident they should not be able to be re elected to a 2nd term, till there has been atleast one president after them.
Maybe they could be part of the decision process for the next president.
If your looking to make a president a long time position, then I think they should get some real responsibilities. Such as being a mod, be a go between between players and management, collect ideas for updates from the forum and present them to peter, and have some real input in the game.
Post by: yadlow2005(86957)
2006-11-14 00:19:57
Greetings:

Now, the first question is what does any president of any athletic organization or entertainment function do? I would suppose the VOW president would be responsible for the game morale and be the vocal point of player complaints and some moderation duties within reason. There are other things to consider. I recall in the WWE and real life wrestling federations, the 'commissioner' would rule of open title controversies and multiple wrestling issues that would come along the way.

First, we would need an election of said 'president'. A simple task really, just send a mass email to all members to vote with their special key issued. This could be done as a mass verification of accounts that is done periodically anyway.

Second, we decide what a 'president' can or cannot do. Like maybe this leader can help modify the rules of VOW or arrange special matches which may be able stir up deeper interest in the game.

Now, where do get the 'candidates' from. How about the leader of each "ACTIVE" stable? Then, all properly registerd VOW players can vote on the 'candidate' of their choice. Yes, to finally have use for the stable.

Third, this 'president' will be allowed to choose his cabinet or will those officials have to be elected as well?

I think I will stop right there until I can learn what power this 'president' will obtain. I do like the idea of the 'prez' having the power to make up title matches of open and inactive titles.

That is my two cents, what is yours?

Peace
Post by: m_carta(37500)
2006-11-14 00:27:06
Will this position be overall, or is it going to be one authority figure per league?

But I'd rather the President not act as a mediator between the player community and Peter. That's just adding another layer of bureaucracy VOW does not need.
2006-11-14 00:28:00
Nothing is desided yet so anything is basically possible.

Of course it is only in-game powers, moderating the game, suspending players removing chat or voting priviliges or communication link between players and moderator and such is not powers the 'president' can get.

I do have ideas of my own but will not post them yet. Please post whatever ideas you have, don't ask questions of how it will work.

Peter
2006-11-14 00:39:39
Hmmm,

Some interesting thoughts.

Sounds like we on the same page as far as the pres fielding player complaints and acting as a go between. And some mod responsibilities, I can see good and bad in this, i think it would be based on the length of the president in office If this happens.

"There are other things to consider. I recall in the WWE and real life wrestling federations, the 'commissioner' would rule of open title controversies and multiple wrestling issues that would come along the way".

I dont see how our Prez could facilitate these, but there might be something that could be done.

I think there is a better way to elect a pres than a mass email though. not sure as to what yet. But it is one possability.

"Second, we decide what a 'president' can or cannot do. Like maybe this leader can help modify the rules of VOW or arrange special matches which may be able stir up deeper interest in the game".

This could also be a good idea, once again depending on the length of term of the president, we dont want the rules changing everytime their is a new president do we?

And the special matchs is a good idea which i totally support.

"Now, where do get the 'candidates' from. How about the leader of each "ACTIVE" stable? Then, all properly registerd VOW players can vote on the 'candidate' of their choice. Yes, to finally have use for the stable".

Although initially I thought this might be a good idea, I have realized it is not. why? Because once again it would come down to a popularity contest. also it would increase the amount of stables dramatically, any one who wanted to run would just make a new stable and vote for themselves as the leader, It would have a negative effect on the longer established stables that have spent alot of time and money to build them up, only to have a mass exit of its members.

all in all I think you have some great ideas spense:)
2006-11-14 00:40:03
I think you misunderstood yar. Peter meant that the position will not have moderator powers.

I think Peter meant more along the lines of influencing gameplay rather than enforcing conduct.

There is no need for this position to act as a mediator between the players and Peter/PLIT? That is unneeded red tape.
2006-11-14 00:48:05
Well, Peter, one thing has to be obvious, This president would be a position everyone online would want to obtain. If it is on a monthly basis, then let this 'prez' be like a 'booker' in some matches.

Yes, I am stubbornly stuck on that idea as if this function takes place, then the prez could be active in increasing VOW competiton.

Two more cents

Peace

2006-11-14 00:54:13
And yet one more thought lol
I think who ever the president is, should be someone who is active, (on every day) and should welcome new players to the game. how nice it would be to get a message from the VOW president when they were new players offering any help and guidence. So it should also be someone with the experience to help these players. Current new players might find this unfair, but really when a president is elected we need to know that they are going to be around to do the job and have the knowledge to do the job correctly.
thanks
DARKLORD
Post by: braveheart(225285)
2006-11-14 01:41:33
I have an idea for the selection of candidates for the post.
Players who have won atleast one title , have fame above 500 and exp above 2000 are eligible. Depending on the no. after these filterations , we can have a poll. The period for the presidency can be for a short span say 3 months. Becoz we cant predict what will happen either to the president or to VOW beyond that. The president can have a mailing account where problems involving chat abuse,voting priviledges and banning can be sent to. And the president should log in atleast once in 3 days if not he can be strippped of that post.(having a Vice president is also another idea)

The powers and benefits of the presdient are:
1)he can resolve the above said issues and his decision will be final.
2)he gets +2 fame everyday and +1 damage in matches.
3)he can organise special matches like league specific rumbles regularly which carry more weight and importance than ordinary ones.

Finally the one who wants to be the prez should have the actual interest.
Post by: Craig(170136)
2006-11-14 02:35:37
I believe Yar hit the nail on the head with his first post about who ever receives the position of vow president should be active regularly and should follow the rules very closely.

But as for the powers and benefits of the president, well I don’t believe they should get a damage increase at the end of the day that’s the benefits of retirement.

- Maybe a fame increase everyday
- What about 1 Ap more an hour
- He/She should be able to speak to the mods regarding bans

I would say the position should go to a legend on the game or someone who is well know amongst the vow players who has a positive nature towards new and the older players.
Post by: jcgadfly(49140)
2006-11-14 03:12:44
Interesting idea.

I like having an in-game liaison.

I could also go for an idea for an "Employee of the Month" incentive for game related activities.
Post by: tanya_r80(100278)
2006-11-14 10:22:30
i agree with yar, I think it should be someone who follows the rules and is an active member, but the tourneys thing rides a little too much on luck, maybe it could be an election thing and every month or so a new president on the stats maybe it could say president, or something OR a new tourney for president but if that where to be it would have to be each league if there where a way maybe have it as a tourney that runs all match types... i dunno just ideas...

but it should be something that said president has to work towards.

i worked for over a year to retire so handing out a bonus greater than retireing would be a little lame.

if it's someone whos popular there will be arguements of favortism. - how ever you have to be a legend to get it will raise the interest in retireing so thats not a completly bad idea there.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2006-11-14 10:28:57
I think the role of "VOW President" should have nothing to do with player-mod relations. If a player wants to appeal against his ban, then they should argue their case to the mods and not to anybody else. I mean, if they're banned from the game, they won't be able to talk to the President anyway.

Although, that idea has been shot down anyway.

Really, what hinges a lot of people's decision, is what the President will actually do.

I think that having a President who has x exp, or y fame or won z belts is a poor way of choosing the President. What about the legends who have less than that?! Or those who never enter tourneys, and considering that tourneys rely too much on luck, that's a bad way of looking at it.

Here are a few things which I think the President should have to do:

Welcome message to the new players:
Every President should write a message to the new players, welcoming them to the game and pointing them in the right direction. Perhaps even being an "ingame helper" - why should the President get a load of rewards for little work? G.W. Bush has to work for what he gets (although debatable by some).

Leading example:
If the President gets caught breaking the rules, surely he should be punished worse than normal. He should be setting the example.

AP Bonus/Damage Bonus:
Legends have to work for a long time to get damage bonus. If President gets a damage increase, then surely, the legend bonus should be upped a little.
AP Bonus, I'm not 100% sure on. Perhaps 1 extra AP every 30 minutes.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2006-11-14 10:39:47
Introducing a new feature like this is all well and good. However, there should also be some effort made to fix some of the broken features of the game.

1. Tag Teams:
There are no tournaments, no belts, and therefore is no real interest in utilizing the Tag Team function outside of rumble participation and for role-playing purposes in EXTERNAL e-feds.

My Suggestion:
Create tag team divisions based upon the cumulative experience of each tag partner. Then, create new tournaments and title belts for each division.

2. Stables:
Currently, stables are nothing more than a social tool and a money sink. There are no benefits whatsoever for anyone to join a stable.

My Suggestion:
Make a minor game change to benefit stable members, such as receiving extra fame and/or money per day. A major game change can also be made, such as introducing a new feature such as a Stable Special Move.

3. Messages:
The message feature is not exactly broken, but is quite limited.

My Suggestion:
It would be nice if we were able to send messages to multiple people (outside of stables).

4. Total Win Percentage Bug:
There has a minor error present in the Player List function since the introduction of Table and LMS matches, as these matches are not included when a player's total win percentage is calculated.

My Suggestion:
Fix it!
2006-11-14 15:23:40
I agree with the tag teams.

Total win Pct is fixed.

Now please keep this thread on track.

Peter
Post by: Beezlebub(105734)
2006-11-14 16:40:17
I agree with LK....and Ray :P

I think the Presidents main function should basically be that of a Online Ambassador,welcoming new players and providing a friendly interface between VOW players and management..He/She would have to have a clear mandate to follow so ppl have no doubt as to the role of the position

I also think initially that it should be a position filled by someone who WANTS to do the job and not decided by what benefits the job delivers,therefore i say until its been trialed and powers firmly settled on that NO form of incentive should be offered(Extra ap etc)

Clear dilineation between Pres and Mods is a must and its comforting to see that Peter has already decided that this will be the case as any affiliation would seriously undermine the role..

I think also that VOW needs to ressurect the Chat as it is 3/4s of the game..when i started all you really had to do was sit back and read the chat and most of your ingame questions were answered..these days if a new player asks a in game question he finds not the helping hand that would have been offered less than 8mths ago but scorn and derision..So a role in Chat for the Pres is a must..not as a mod but as a facilitator of information

Just my thoughts guys :)

Dracula/Cody
2006-11-14 20:23:43
Well me and LK cant both be wrong lol
Post by: denzil(82151)
2006-11-15 00:30:16
Well I would like to say I don’t want the job because I have enough work as is greeting new players and answering all questions as the main mod any way. All vets should help out newbs any way and not push this job onto the Pres. He will not enjoy the game if he or she has to just greet all newbs. What about ppl like Ray that restarts once a month. Will he have to greet Ray too? Lol just kidding Ray. I was thinking of more in game bonuses. Like a small list of what the Pres can and can’t do. E.G

1. Choose to give stable or set amount of players no fame loss because of in game play and integrity. Say for 2 weeks or so.
2. Do the same but give players a random bonus to say 3 AP per day.
3. To give the players the ability of a different style like stiff neck to there air char. For limited time of course.
4. To give better payouts to set players.
5. To set staff to level 1 for his term?
6. To choose his own vice pres him self.
7. To get a cool pick or bana in his char sheet.
8. To make an invitational rumble that pays lots of $$ and fame. A true royal rumble stat with its own once a month rumble or 2 week rumbles. Pres choice only.
9. To stay out of my way doing my mod job.
10. To recute players from gang war and add fame and sc to vow as part of his job.
11. to set up with peter a online shop that helps Peter pay the bills with selling of goods in games like stanus steal mugs of vow and its easy to set one of the on line shop up. It could be a link. You can add product into it by moding it your self. Cafay press is one shop I can think of. It’s a tool that might help.

I have lots more to speak about but I do whish to listen to all of you. I would like to see stable rumbles with pay going to the stables at 50% to say up to 85% set by the stable leader.

So here is a question. Will I loose all my silent mods now because they whish to become the Pres? Lol lets see!

I was chating to James and Madog about this stuff on Skype. All these are mixed thoughts of ours and the boys have even more to say. Lets make it work dudes and woogarets!

Denzil
2006-11-15 00:32:47
how do we get a Pres and how long will he or she stay in power too. any ideas? 1 to 2 weeks i think. do legends get a better vote too in game if its done on voteing too? so many ?

Denzil
2006-11-15 00:48:44
Well in all fairness Denzil I only restart my alts once a month lol.
You have some good idea's, what i like:

1. Choose to give stable or set amount of players no fame loss because of in game play and integrity. Say for 2 weeks or so.

4. To give better payouts to set players.

8. To make an invitational rumble that pays lots of $$ and fame. A true royal rumble stat with its own once a month rumble or 2 week rumbles. Pres choice only.(Denzils best idea)

stable rumbles with pay going to the stables at 50% to say up to 85% set by the stable leader.

The other ideas I am not crazy about, but they are not horrible either.

"how do we get a Pres and how long will he or she stay in power too. any ideas? 1 to 2 weeks i think. do legends get a better vote too in game if its done on voteing too? so many"

I was thinking a prez should be in office a month but maybe 2 weeks is enough. Maybe the X-presidents should get an extra vote for new presidents or 100 extra AP everytime a new prez is elected (maybe not lol)
I think Legends should get a better vote as well, after all we are the ones that have completed the game and who people judge their characters by and ask questions of. Most of the Legends are true legends and are more than willing to help anyone who ask. You wouldnt believe the amount of messages I get in a day from people asking help in one fashion or another.
keep the idea's coming I think we are on the right path.
DARKLORD
Post by: Deathlord(144339)
2006-11-15 05:40:46
Some things mentioned above that i either strongly feel towards or against. I would try to not look at who posted, and it would be a totally unbiased opinion.

Against.
3. To give better payouts to set players.
In all honesty, if any of those things get introduced, then i would start losing faith in the game. This i say, coz those things, i think, would ultimately become a source of high corruption and arguements. The set players category, i have no doubt, would ultimately get towards being a very close set to a set called "friends"

For.
1. To make an invitational rumble that pays lots of $$ and fame. A true royal rumble stat with its own once a month rumble or 2 week rumbles. Pres choice only.
I would say that might be an excellent idea if implemented properly. Reason being, it adds a much needed new feature to the game that would spark a rise in interest in people. ( again, as long as the "invitation" qualification is transparent enough

Denzil also has a strong point, when he stated that as for the welcoming and being nice to new players part.. it shouldnt be just the prez doing it, but all others as well. But i am not saying im against the suggestion of the prez being an ambassador.

A see good logic in fame being atleast one of the deciders in chosing the prez. Reason being, fame .. is prbly the truest and most practical gauge for online activity which would be a MUST requirement.

As for the reward side of the role, a fame reward ( less loss per day ) would be a good thing and realistic too. Damage bonus, im totally against. ( reason : the prez would know he has the bonus for a limited number of days, and would try to exploit it, and would end up not living up to his duties in the process )

Sidenote ( off topic ) : Peter, just a thought, a fractional fame gain from stable mates' wins. Shouldnt be too tough to build in, and would give meaning to stables, and would make sense too.

Say, every fame that a person from a stable gets, also gets reflected in a stable fame pool, and every member gets +5 fame everytime the stable pool crosses a 100 mark. Ofcourse the stable pool wont lose its fame over days.
2006-11-15 07:08:02
I cant remember who this deathlord is but adding fame to the stable is worthless. if you want to add something add a small % of the winnings go to the stable when the people in the stable have matchs, that would enable stables to grow eventually.

I also found it interesting that you took the time to state reasons for the things you approved of, but didnt for the things you disaproved of.

If you havent lost faith in the game yet, stick around for awhile it has happened to the best of us. And when it happens, yes when because it will, just stick it out and you'll believe in the game once again.

I do like the idea of allowing the prez to reward certain players who they feel deserve it. Most of the ideas are that the prez should only be in office for a short period anyway. And I dont think just anyone is going to get elected to this position, i think the person is going to have to be well known and trusted by the majority. Depending on how the prez is elected. Maybe it would be a good thing anyway, those that wanted special concideration would be on there best behavior, and use their gamemesnship to convince the prez they are worthy. Instead of looking at the negatives lets look to the positives, people will generally do the right thing and if they dont, then just dont re elect them.

I do respect your points good and bad, I just cant agree with all of them.

DARKLORD
2006-11-15 10:13:30
Well I have seen some good ideas in game so far. Keep it up. Remember it does not have to be a real killer of an idea. Other players might pull it apart and re hash it to be a far better idea. There is no wrong or right in this discussion. I am just tossing my random thoughts as I think of them. I like other peoples input. I don’t care if my ideas make it. As long as you all band together and make this work. This is a game worth helping and I do know Peter is happy to help too. All it needs is player input and some real hashing of ideas in the long run.

The one idea I do like is if you become a legend you may get an extra free move. Not a special

The Pres might be able to choose a stable to get a set award for the week or two. I don’t know what but if we gave him 5 to 10 choices of what he could do for a stable it would be awesome.

If the Pres abuses his title it’s easy to vote him out. Vote with ya hands. What level of player can vote? Just PG? Lol. Or do we start at spwa. Do you use the law vote? Well will a legend get more vote too? These are all questions to look at.

Pres invitational royal rumble is a true match I think could be really fun. Once again if the pres is impartial I think he will loose his spot. May be it could be up to the pres and the vice pres to choose the rumble. Ok so now the rumble is set. What exp value and fame value do you set for a title that will be held 12 to 26 to 52 times a year? It depends on how long the pres is in power. All this sort of thing needs to be looked at. What about for the losers in this rumble get no loss of fame for the next term because of the royal rumble. It would be a massive event so it would do this in my books.

Ppl would and should think about it. I think it should go to all players not just the players in the rumble. So after the rumble the hole of vow can see the match. From law toV.W.O. This will spark interest in the event being a special event.

This royel rumble might replace the match that I was thinking about a once a month pay for rumble. It could be open or per league. If you go up a league just like tounys your outed of corse. It would be a random match type of course.

You could do the same with a tag team rumble at the end of the month. Don’t know if any one is interested in it.

Or the same for a inter stable rumble. The stables money could be used to pay for a team to enter and the stable leader would make the team. Then lock in how much the stable gets payed from the match. 50% to 85% of the winnings. Should it be once a month thingy or open all the time? What do you think?

Denzil.
2006-11-15 10:27:12
I think those ideas are great Denzil. I wonder how long it will take to actually go ito effect. Looking forward to hearing more from peter on this issue.
2006-11-15 10:47:25
To say fame is a good way of judging activity isn't totally true. I remember having nearly 2k fame once with only fighting tourneys. Surely this isn't the way you judge who a good player is. Also, what about those who go on holiday for say 10-14 days, lose a lot of fame and because they're a non-donator, they only have 500ap to rebuild their shattered fame.

Like Denzil said, having a Pres-invitational Rumble can be controversal as the Pres could choose all his friends, and/or people he/she know's that they'll easily beat so they get the bonus. Perhaps making the Rumble be something like a 50 man rumble in which 10 people are chosen from each league - this would then make it hard earned money.

Just another idea thrown into the mix there.
2006-11-15 12:15:41
Hi,

I think it is time to post my initial thoughts on this.

REMEMBER that this is not something that is desided but just what I have come up with lately. It is fairly different than what was proposed by the players in this thread. Hopefully we will have an interesting discussion.

VOW President

Purpose is to introduce long term goals into VOW.

Election system:
Election is done on a time schedual. Either ones or twice a month or ones a week.

The voters are the Stable leaders.

A stable leader have a number of votes equal to the sum off:
* Number of members in the stable
* Number of belts the stable holds (Should be multiplied by something)
* Number of times the stable members have retired (Could be multiplied by two to give legends a bigger advantedge, not sure if we want to give legends a bigger advantedge though)
* Players with less than 100 exp have no votes even if they are legends.
* One vote per 1k exp and 500 fame
* One vote for every title won or successfully defended - Gives incitament not to retire

Voting will be secret, only the total number of votes for each wrestler will be public.

Advantages of being a president:
(This is just brainstorming ideas, not sure I like them at all)
* Give a small bonus to fighting certain match styles
* Move prices (very dangerus to mess with)
* Cost of the different staff (very dangerous to mess with)
* Modify amount of money given to winner/looser of a match. The total payout is like now but the % given to winner/looser can be altered.
* Modify change of injury in matches, higher change equals higher reward.
* Modify legend bonus (how much legends gets in damage bonus)

We could introduce a Champion for each match type also. Should also be decided by some voting system but should be different than the President voting system. This guy could give out bonusses to players he likes for these match types.

Peter
2006-11-15 13:17:36
LK, i never said good fame would measure a good player. I said good fame might be a good measure of the recent activity of the player. If a person has gone on a 15 day vacation, in all fairness i see it alright to not consider him for the post for atleast a couple of terms coz he hasnt been active recently.
To clarify, i just meant to say that fame can be a very good pre-qualification requirement, and not decider. Anyway, if the stable voting is introduced, this suggestion wouldnt make sense in any case.

Ray, i DID say why i didnt like what i didnt like. And though many people would disagree, and some might get offended too ( though i said this in a totally general sense ), I still stand by my point, that if prez is allowed to pull favours for a certain set of people that he can chose, thats gonna bring in favouritism like it or not. As long as that set is determined by some measurable quality and is transparent (matches in last few months/activity, fame, tourneys won etc), im fine by it. If its not that way, then im 100% sure it will be abused eventually.

I would stop at that for now since I see none of those got carried through in Peter's post anyway.

To be totally honest, i dont totally understand the mechanics of stables since i have not been in any active stable. The fame pool was just a suggestion. If people think a share of the money makes more sense than fame, then that is fine too. I just said, that this mechanism ( be it fame or money ) could be taken as a logical, worthy, and just addition to stable dynamics. If HHH won matches while in DX, then ofcourse it would reflect on HBK etc too.

Sry ray, i missed signing off last time .. not used to it :P
The Unknown (Anupam)
2006-11-15 13:43:54
I think the royal rumble thing is a really good idea, i still think pres should only be granted to legends - as i said before may spark the retirement interest again...

it would be cool if the pres during there time got a special finisher - something that last there run as pres... thats just a really out there idea...

but regaurdless of the final call, it should be in a way no one can call favortism or allow clickyness... like i pick my people and they're all my friends yada yada and some one new elected and they are one of said friends could become a big hard spot of vow...

2006-11-15 14:08:40
Wow there are so many good ideas out there, i think I like something in every post. And I really like peters "brain storming" ideas. I am sure it will be hard to figure out which way to go.
I do like Heresy's Idea of the prez should be a legend. They have put in the time and deserve special concideration due to all they have done and continue to do for vow.
If we do go by the stable leader voting it looks like exit light will be the ones who elect the presidents. as they have more numbers in all area's that peter spoke about, If I understand it correctly. So that might mean some major jocking of the stables or get some of the smaller stables to work together to offset EL's vote. all things to ponder.
Darklord
2006-11-15 15:41:59
I also agree that baseing it off stable members, belt winners ext. will leave a disadvantage to other stables. I run the largest Stable on VOW, Exit Light - 16 members over half have retired some multiple times, and with players such as LK and Joker one of them always have a belt (no offence) baseing it off those things will leave the voteing pool to Exit Light and it would cost over 100k about for another stable to catch up to us in members alone. we also have a charicter in our stable with the highest current exp of 7 thousand something that would be 7 votes just for him... not to mention 6 for hellspawn 5 for maddogg... and we have two of the top fame wrestlers.

and in a stable of mines size and one person running it, there will be wrestlers left with out a voice because people wont always agree on who president should be.

I am however glad stables will have a use but in this manner by numbers it doesn't strike me as exactly fair.

this is just my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone.
Post by: gruchul(66928)
2006-11-15 18:44:45
I think we should put at least one of two limits on it:
1) Limit the amount of times a single person can be elected (probably best as a single term)
2)Prevent any stable from holding the position 2 times in a row
2006-11-15 19:53:23
Hi guys. Wow. Awesome stuff. Hmm. I see some problems for sure. Let’s look at the stables and voting. Exit Light might have massive votes behind it but does it stop 5 little stables getting together to get one member as Pres. This is where lobbying chars and votes from all players will count. There is no reason why you have to vote for your own stable. I am in soul Stealers and Exit light and Ooga Booga (4749 so I have 3 votes as a donator. Or do you only make it one for a single account. Or in Ben’s case he is in one stable 2 times with lots of legend bonus. Mad max is a Legend as well that does not say much just shows his skill with the ring. All these guys might like to explore running there own stables soon if the legends are the only ppl that can be Pres. Does that mean Exit light will be broken up to satisfied all of the lesser number stables. The founder of Exit Light BA would not be happy to see his stable broken up over politics. How ever politics might be a large part of the stable wars now aday when it comes to voting...

So do we?

1 vote per char?
1 vote per account?
1 extra vote for a Legend?
Does the stable leader vote for the Pres?
Do we just place a vote for some one then find it can not happen because there a silent mod?
Does this mean the vote is wasted or can you revote? I ask because I am sure some ppl will vote for ME but I don’t want the extra work and I believe it would be a conflict of interest too.
These are all things that need to be looked at too.

Champions. Hmm.
Well if this comes into play is this gona be done by your matchs or voteing or both?
What sort of bounus do you think a P.G champion should get or be able to hand out to sed players.
I like the idea of champions But what will we get them to do? Ideas? Thoughts. I will have to think on this my self.

Vice Pres. Do we need one?
If so what will he get and be able to do. Should he be linked with the Pres on vetoing any Pres choice? Or will the Pres be a little god in his own right? Lol.

My thoughts for the day. I am moveing so I will be off for a day or so. I look forward to reading all your new posts soon.

Denzil
2006-11-15 23:06:35
Regardless of whether 5 other little stables are able to work together or not, It is still an unfair advantage to EL. And realisticly it would take more like 10 small stables working together to have a chance, which by the way I dont see happening.
More likely this is what would happen, each stable would want someone in their own stable to be the prez and they would vote as such, and when the votes are tallied EL would win each and every time.
There are only a very few stables that could give EL any competition at all, my stable Apocalypse(3295)being one of them, and in order to do that I would have to get all legends to join my stable that are not in EL and we would still be at a disadvantage, and not all legends would join my stable anyway. There has to be a better way to decide on who should be the president, than EL monopolizing the stable votes.
Maybe the best way would be to cap the amount of votes you can have max per stable. This would give other stables a chance to atleast be competive at voting time.
I would like to say that I dont have a problem with EL, but that wouldnt be true, I dont have a problem with the members of EL, many are friends of mine. But when I look at the stable itself, I realize that it is a monopoly. I dont see any stable over taking them ever! They have the most legends and players and are able to raise the most money to add new players. And as they do this they will only get more and more members and votes. So I really think there needs to be a maxium votes any one stable can have.
What are your thoughts?
2006-11-16 04:43:18
Here's a suggested incentive for whoever becomes the Supreme Poobah, based on some of the earlier comments here:

The President gains +1 damage bonus. But he keeps this bonus ONLY WHILE HE IS IN OFFICE. Once his term ends, he loses this Presidential bonus. You can also give him a daily +20 fame and +$50 per day while in office, which again he loses once his term ends.

If Peter wants to insert a more tangible "factional" element to VOW, then having Exit Light or other large stables become the major political parties would make sense.

Think about it. In nations with the right to vote there is always one or two strong political parties. Weaker parties either stay weak or find ways to grow stronger. Larger parties may have an edge, but that's not always the case (see: 2006 Republican Party, USA).

If smaller parties want to have the numbers to take on a big stable, then by all means join forces so your nominee will have a chance against Exit Light's nominee. I don't buy the idea that all the stables will insist on voting for someone from their own ranks, and not work together to improve their chances of winning an election; inevitably we will see alliances being made between stables to secure more votes.
Post by: Mad Bear(46310)
2006-11-16 05:59:07
I don't believe the President should not have any benefits at all. Maybe a cash, fame bonus for his time, but not a damage bonus.

The President should have powers that benefit others and not himself. Giving matches more money, less injuries, damage modification and fame manipulation.
2006-11-16 06:34:30
Hi guys. I am with Mad Bear(46310 on his thoughts when it comes to the Pres.

I know for a fact I have 3 stables to vote for. So is it one vote per char or one vote per account. If it’s per char I can do massive votes for one stable. So I see 1 vote for your account being the way to go... what is wrong with politics in game. It will make players earn there votes. This is meant to be fun and if the char does not do the hard yards they will not get my vote. I have 3 ppl I can vote for. Well 3 chars. Drac Heresy and Al President so if I get one vote it does go to my fav char. It’s a silent vote so there is no way of knowing hoom I vote for. This is just like the real world... So will multi legends get extra votes? I think they should. Why because there the back bone of the game. If the pres needs more votes he could donate for all his stable? LOL.

As a main mod I don’t whish to make to many points about others thoughts. I would just like to give ideas and let ppl work on them and improve them.

Well I am off for a day or so now. I am moveing. Cya all soon.
Denzil. Luck all and happy pins.
2006-11-16 06:52:29
After listening to all the goings on about the prez and the involved politics, I have decided that it will be bad for the game if it goes into effect. Politics belong in the real world not an online game. Presidents have been assassinated, and are about as corrupt as they come.

If we didnt already have enough problems in the game, what I see happening is alot of mad people venting and taking personal who is elected, and over running in chat. I see an increase of trouble for the mods. I think there are alot more area's that need addressed before introducing something new to the game. If it does go into effect, then my stable will decide together who we want to vote for, and vote our conscience, and let the chips fall where they may. i wont politic.
2006-11-16 09:40:10
I still stand ferm in the fact that stables shouldn't have any part in the vote. i run two stables as a matter of fact one is the largest as i already stated. and as peter stated teh leader will have all the votes leaveing me responsible with too many votes to count :S i'm not comfortable with that sort of power.
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2006-11-16 14:55:54
Then make it simple.

Stable Leader : 1 vote (3 total max, leader/player/legend)

Active accounts over the last 2 months : 1 vote

Legends : 1 vote (2 max, player/legend)

In the event of a tie : Each stable leader can issue 1 Executive Vote, with a 48 hour posted deadline to send in the vote. *EDIT* You could have this option restricted to only the 9 highest ranked stables at the time of posting ( an odd number to avoid another tie)This would also create a situation where Stables have more value and increase the competition between stables.

BB

2006-11-16 15:04:59
The position shouldnt be empowered with any advantages in matches, imo.

But, should carry a small stipend per day along with a decent FAME bonus. I will caution on setting either too high.

BB
Post by: The Mad Hatter(237592)
2006-11-16 15:17:39
Perhaps instead of every member in the stable votes, X number of stables with active members get to nominate 1 candidate for pres.

Then the stables have a vote inside the stable for who they want. (In event of tie, Stable Leader gets an extra vote)

So each stable has only 1 vote no matter what thus eliminating the stable voting influence problem.

Post by: tbragu(97303)
2006-11-16 18:00:51
This is my two cents. As a member of Exit Light, and a donater, and in all, just a player of this game, I have an issue with just stable leaders voting, and on top of that, it being in big bunches, speaking for the whole of their stable. This makes for an advantage for Exit Light. Well, the thing is, that would make for bad feelings against us, and a lot of stupid politics that never belong in a game. There should be no "political parties" or anything like that in this game. It isn't needed.

I love the concept of a VOW president, or whatever the office will be called. A person who can make short term changes to the game, to test drive a new feature seems fun. However, at the end of the day, if it is a stable vote, it creates an electoral college of sorts within this game. If the American political system is any proof, that means nothing good.

I agree that it should be a short term for a president. and that they shouldn't be able to hold the office more than once in a given period of time, maybe six months or something like that, to keep it fair. and maybe, only one stable member per two terms could be allowed as well.

The way of electing them, however needs to be better defined, and made more fair.

Maddogg
2006-11-16 20:17:14
Well said :)
2006-11-16 22:23:24
HOLD ON FOLKS!!

Someone insulting the US Voting system. Well, everyone has an opinion and as an american I understand it's existence but it does not belong here. This is Virtual Online Wrestling. Where should most disputes be settled? IN THE FREAKING RING!!

(smiles)

So, with that being said, here is a suggestion in the selection of this 'President'.

1. Allow the top ten or twenty stables to select their best representative from the group. It doesn't necessarily have to be the leader but the stables best performer.

2. Each representative will be entered in a monthly rumble where the winner will be dubbed VOW president.

Doesn't that sound much simpler than anything else that's been proposed?

I am sure some people will say it is unfair for only the top ten to be involved. I highly disagree as the top ten stables have worked hard to get where they are and other stables can do the same.

Of course, you don't want any VOW president repeating more than twice or even at all. Therefore, a stipulation can be set that a different rep of the stable be selected each month.

One more question remains, 'who ahould be the first VOW president in the suggested format. Simple yet again- Wolverine(1). Who better to start this process than the one who dreamed up this position.

This principle applies the KISS. You know, KEEP IT SIMPLE SILLY!!

Peace
2006-11-17 01:49:04
If I may offer a counterproposal:

How about NPC authority figures? Instead of choosing the VOW President from a group of actual players, we instead choose from a list of computer-controlled characters. Each character offers specific modifiers which will affect gameplay. I'll throw out a few examples:

Candidate #1: if he gets elected, your wrestler's ability gets stronger - e.g., PGs hit harder, SNs take even less damage, Trad pin chances increase, etc. BUT this bonus is randomly given to different wrestling styles every several hours - let's say four times every 24 hours. So every four hours your wrestler has a 20 percent chance to receive an ability boost.

Candidate #2: if he gets elected, your wrestler will get higher cash payouts - it'll be as if you wrestled without your docs on. But this reward is randomly given out every several hours each day to different classes.

Candidate #3: if he gets elected, your wrestler gets +1 bonus experience point in all matches, regardless if you win or lose. So you gain at least +2 experience for a loss. Like the first two candidates, this effect is randomly given out every several hours each day to different classes.

And so on.

2006-11-17 02:37:17
M carta...Keep it simple silly... that just sounds more complex than the last proposal.:)
2006-11-17 11:35:31
Here's the way I see m_carta's idea:

Advantages:
- Gets rid of the player-player based politics.
- Can allow the one vote per player idea - rather than a stable vote.
- Offers equality between players in the way that nobody is better because they are the Prez. I mean, to be fair, it's just a glorified popularity contest.

Disadvantages:
- Can be a lot of conspiring between players to get the bonus they want.
- Only a minor number of players could benefit if there is a style based reward.

These are only a few ideas, surely you guys can add some more.
2006-11-17 12:57:02
Hi,

Why don't some of you want player based politics ? In any game I have played where this have been introduced it have been very fun for the dedicated players.

Players who do not like game politics can just ignore it.

Instead of having the stable leaders do the voting the individual wrestlers could do the voting. The reason I was thinking stable leaders was to get more of a use for stables.

I am thinking that initially I will just implement the election system with no or very minor advantages to the president. Then when we are happy with the election system we can look into advanteges. Am not sure this is a good idea.

Peter
2006-11-17 18:06:09
ok then to fight matchs for a stable why not choose a stable champion to take all matchs. the Pres can give him his blessing and the champion can fight for your stables houner. i like the way simplfing works. shame i can not spell it lol. a champion of the stable is a awsome idea.
2006-11-17 20:30:05
I actually like the champion of the stable idea :)
Post by: gruchul(66928)
2006-11-17 21:34:03
We've had stable champions for well over a year now. Good to see it may give more than just bragging rights in the future!
2006-11-18 00:03:46
well politics can liven up the game but, like some have mentioned- it could also create a lot of hurt feelings in this game. Getting use of the stables would be interesting, but, I dont think the VOW president is the answer.
2006-11-18 00:21:16
well said Spense:)
2006-11-18 02:00:45
I like m_carta(37500)'s idea about the NPC authority figures. Politics and PLIT's no tolerance policy might prove to be incompatible.
2006-11-18 02:08:33
Which is why I'm proposing to have NPCs instead of live players be the candidates. You just CANNOT have an election without someone feeling sore about it. They can be civilized about the whole thing, but the whole point of an election is to make yourself look good at the expense of the other guy.

So if you don't want to "hurt each other's feelings", then we vote for computer characters instead.

Just to clarify on the style-based bonuses I included in my idea: I don't mean the President will just keep pumping one or two styles throughout his tenure. All five styles get an equal shot at the bonus, but it's given at random several times a day. There's five styles, so every wrestler has a 20% chance of getting the bonus.
2006-11-18 04:01:24
So we're agreed...no politics in VOW... VOW law? (sorry couldn't resist?)

*smiles
2006-11-18 04:26:10
Hear, hear. Discard the politics of the flesh. Discard the frailties and fallibilities of those wet, smelly, out of shape mounds you call bodies. Sign off on this drivel of choosing which feeble, twofaced, pus-filled player should be President, and rely on the accuracy of the NPC!

The Matrix shall prevail.
2006-11-18 05:15:38
The NPC might work better actually, i will take out all the power happy players who judge there worth by how good they are at a online game, no hurt feeling, no ego's, and no conciet to deal with.
I dont personally care which way peter goes with this, it is just nice seeing something new introduced to the game, although finishing some things already introduced into the game would have been nice, but lets not get off topic.
I just hope peter hurrys and decideds and gets it implemented soon:)
2006-11-18 19:06:38
if you have some thing to say . just come right out and say it. dont be shy. its ok to vent some times. how ever to do it constructively would be nice. if you see problems explain them and then explain how to fix them so we can all get invovlovled. this whay it will not be a persons single greavence with the game.

i too like the mpc thingy. stable battles and a champion of the stable. its nice to see how many belts ya have had now aday. still waittng on if its one vote per char or one vote per account. thats if we make a vote . the stable might just be a telly of votes. i hope not. i whish to be a indervigawell.

Post by: tYphOid CarRIer(206892)
2006-11-18 20:04:48
i like this election thingy but not the NPC option. if you are gonna become a nominee you should have to face the fact you can lose and look like a complete idiot. if you don't wanna be tagged a loser then DON'T APPLY FOR THE JOB. this way your precious little feelings won't get hurt.
2006-11-18 21:57:43
then I guess you I be applying ROFL
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2006-11-19 02:48:04
I dont like the ideas Peter...

The advantages you propose seem a little pointless. In-match advantages are something noone should be able to acquire through voting. Furthermore, advantages such as these will be wanted by every wrestler out there. The entire voting system would just boil down to the biggest individual wrestler or the biggest stable hogging the position and never letting it go. Since the position only affects the president, noone else would really get much out of it and most people would lose interest.

imo, introducing a position such as a president only makes sense if you add a new championship system to vow that resembles that of real-life and give him booking-powers.

You introduce a few championships that are won/defended once a week or so. The president decides which wrestler gets to challenge which champs and books the match...

If you want, you can give the advantages you suggested above to the wrestlers who hold the titles - instead of having the belts give money or fame, they would improve the current holder slightly.
2006-11-19 23:27:18
The problem with that is....The President will eventually pic a challenger thats a friend, then people will point the finger and say favoritism.

We need to get back to the idea that the President wouldnt have any real power other than a person to speak to when Peter is away from the game. A go-between you might say, a mediator. Especially since the good ideas to improve the game just ends up in confusion when posted in the Forum and 10 replies come up that throw everyone off the topic.

The President would recieve everyones ideas, then post them as a "wish list" on a regular basis...putting all the ideas under one thread. This way, the head mods can continue to moderate the game efficiently, and Peter would recieve the results from ONE person, and can work his magic without having to read every post made.

After setting up the new position with a simple agenda initially, there could be modifications to add more responsibilty later on....after we see how things go.

Also, If the current mods and head mods dont recieve anything special for their efforts...then the President shouldnt either.

BB
2006-11-20 01:09:59
hi all. well a Pres chatting to me will be nice. we can chat on skype and do follow ups on ideas . this way it means i dont have to go hunting them all down. i dont have enuf time as is. i allso am trying to retyer. now matchs for vwo seem to be slim now aday. this seems to be because every one is $ consnus now. its all singles by the look of it.

so how do you get players back to LMS and Cages in this day and age?

Denzil

lol a bounus for a mod. lol does that include been yelled at and old friends not talking to you because you intemadate them.

I was thinking about a mod Crown on my char to let players know that i am so there is no mistake when i chat to them on someting. it would be nice to turn it off and on too.
2006-11-20 02:40:19
of course he will favor his friends - thats the whole point. It is whatgives people motivation to become president - an incentive.

We do NOT need a mediator between players and Peter...
2006-11-21 10:40:05
Persistance Denzil :) Keep trying and you'll succeed.

The whole idea of the VOW President is being thrown around a lot. Personally, I am waiting to see what ideas Peter has seen that he likes before I post anything else, although I agree with Scorp, the President will always choose his friends.
2006-11-22 00:58:34
That IS the whole point of politics. You back a certain guy with the goal of getting rewarded later on. That's why we have political parties. Public service for the sake of public service is just a lie to keep the whole system going.

In the end isn't that why there are so many e-feds out there? Everyone wants to be the head booker and run a wrestling fed the way he sees fit?

And I have to go with what has been said earlier in this thread. If we are going to have real players act as Supreme Poobah, then whoever wants the job should be ready to face criticism.
Post by: Methos(175082)
2006-11-22 13:31:50
This may kinda be a little off topic but what the hell.

If there is gonna be stable champions then there should be a rumble every week or so where the stable leader can enter the stable champ into a rumble representing there stable (it could easily work like the tag team ones apart form instead of the tag team name its a stable name instead:P ) against all the other champs from there stables. and whoever wins gets like $500 or something for the stable and maybe on the Tourney page where the champs are displayed the stables name could be under someting like "Stable champions" or "Top Stable" i dunno :P

also it could be a nice way to judge the best quility stable instead of just the biggest, say for each win of the rumble and each defense of the title you get 1 point and it adds up and whoever wins the most is at the top and so on :P

Also due to retirements and what not the stable champ will most likley change alot so eveyone in the stable will prob get a chance to represent. and it most likley wont be dominated by just 1 stable

Anyway.. just an idea to get stables more involved feel free to criticize... shoot it down... complimnt.. whatever i dont mind :P

Meth
2006-11-23 20:35:51
nope its not up to any one to say your views are wrong. if ppl just improve on them thats enuf for me. i do like some of your ideas meth. just thinking of ways to help ya idea. i do like the idea of polatics. dam spelling

2006-11-30 15:00:05
I see pontential here still.

Some of you seem to think that if the president gets any advantages or can give out advantages then thats unfair since only the biggest guy or stable can ever become president.

That is not true. Anyone who have ever played games involving politics for a while will know that it is not nessesarily the big guys that are most liked and most able to get people to vote for them, it is the way of politics.

Why is it unfair that the president gets some advantage ? Or that the president can give out advantages to his supporters ? That is the whole point of having a president choosen by politics.

I think the question to ask is do we really want to introduce politics in VOW ? If the purpose is just to get some belts that are won in other ways maybe we don't need this whole voting thing.

I still belive politics and favorism would add another dimension to the game :)
2006-12-01 03:36:13
exactly - politics AND favorism

The advantages should be something the Pres can give to his friends/allies/political-supporters, and not something that only affects him.
2006-12-03 14:04:59
I see your point Scorp.

So where do we go from here ?

Maybe the best idea so far is your privious idea about having belts that can be won by challenges and the president gives matches to players. We probably should have one belt per league and the belt holder should be given some kind of advantedge.

Peter
2006-12-03 21:14:55
Where do we go from here? Implementation? I think scorp has a good Idea, as you stated peter, It can always be adjusted later or more options added:)
2006-12-08 17:51:21
Interesting,

Where do we go from here? Test it out first, of course and maybe assign a few users to help you run a trial run. Hmm the VOW president as booker, I seem to recall presenting the idea of a VOW booker a few months ago, but, it wasn't taken serious, I suppose. That was then, this is now.

OK, first what is the final decision of the VOW president?
2006-12-08 21:04:38
I'm guessing that it'll go ahead. Perhaps we can use this as an excuse for a Battle of Stamina *nudge nudge wink wink*. But I think there needs to be an extensive testing to allow everybody a chance to have an opinion of it.

It's fine saying yes/no now, but nobody knows truely how it will affect the game.
2006-12-08 23:53:16
would like to see a monthly masive rumble for spwa and pwo. then a difrent one for sswo and vwo too. a buy in rumble of course. set pay out of 5000$ just like tournys. but give them 750 fame too. if you pull a match off like this you desuver it.

i am happy to vote for a player or N.P.C its all sweet for me. i do think the npc will be easyer to run of course. a pull down box for the char you whish to vote for + what he stands for.

stable champions. awsome idea. this way you can have a inter stable rumble with champions. the leader of the stable sets the pay out to his or her stable..

i think 2 weeks is all any press will need and like the usa. two turms is long enuf for one char to hold a spot in game.

what about a 6 style for the game?

What abut legends getting a free move for there char when they restart.

what about legends never going below 500 fame ever? there not much of a legend if it does.

do not let the game get involved with any bans. this is all mod center stuff. it has nothing to do with any player apart from the one that got band.

Denzil
2006-12-11 02:33:34
How about having a 6th style for those who have completed the first five? Give them an added incentive to continue.
2006-12-11 03:22:30
what style did you have in mind LK?
2006-12-11 09:44:18
Hmmm a 6th style....possibly something higher than a trad... where all the stats are of equal value
Post by: BubbaG(33460)
2006-12-11 11:16:49
How about the "BUBBA" Style, in honor of the first to complete all the styles. Plus he's a really great guy. Honest

And I'll throw in a Special Meal!!!!
2006-12-11 14:12:27
Only if it comes with one of you special dishes Bubba:)
2006-12-12 00:56:50
Not too sure, maybe something along the lines of Martial Arts/ MMA wrestlers. The three style moves could be a throw, a strike and a sub move.

Style bonus: Perhaps an increased chance of getting two hits in a row? Something like an aerialist's bonus (increased hit).

Stats: Focus more on Strength and Sub; Tech and Air a little lower.
Post by: dr_lector(48275)
2006-12-12 02:34:09
sounds like a Stiff Neck with increases hit chance ... i like it :D

Now to retire 5 times .. lmao
Post by: BubbaG(33460)
2006-12-12 12:19:32
It's not that hard. All you need is "too much time" and "too much money" Easy Enough :O
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2006-12-13 23:53:13
Bubba, don't forget that you'll need to actually GET matches aswell
Post by: Killer J(98925)
2006-12-15 11:24:16
ELECT MUHAMMAD HASSAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!
Post by: The Sniper(27754)
2006-12-17 05:01:37
I really have no opinion on this one. I'm totally dumbfounded. I think the primary question is what the president will actually do. I think before we would decide on a method of deciding the President and what he would get we should make a decision on what he would do.

I would have thought in place of people making random posts giving their thoughts on improvement in hardly read 20 paragraph posts the president would take suggestions from people. He would then relay ones of merit/potential merit to the rest of the forum and discuss it properly with everyone. This would aleviate the pressure on Peter to keep up with all our garbage :)

Matters that voice alot of concern or backing would then be relayed to the man upstairs for consideration, i.e. you Pete, and hopefully the problem sorted since they could be tackled in bite size chunks as opposed to a massive rush of ideas, drowning the good ones with pointless ones.

Out of point if this has already been said by some1 I apologise, this thread is massive so I only read the first few posts :)

Post by: word life 101(66857)
2007-01-08 12:35:36
First of all it should not be going on experience as some players have retired and would probably be in a better postion to obtain this "presidency" as they are greatly educated on vow compared to some player who ahs just reached 2000exp (i.e bubba or hick may have just retired).

Another thing is that the president SHOULD NOT get a damage bonus... i beleive this feature should be reserved for retiring.

But i do beleive it is a good idea if the president had +5 fame a day or something around that mark..... however you should not let people vote over who is to be president unless you want it to be a popularity contest...

It should be determined by a number of things:
1. Voting
2. How long The player has been on vow (e.g 1 year min)
3. It should be contest out of somehting like the 100 oldest remaining chars on vow as they have the grearest knowledge.
etc

As for what the president job is... now this is a difficult one becuase you would not want to give him moderator abilities as if some lunatic happened to beocme president he could ban everyone... so give him some power but not too much power.... I beleive he should not be given as job as such by advantages in the game... such as he & his opponent will recieve more money form the matches he fights he is envolved in and he should maybe receive +1 ap every 10 minutes so if you dotn donate you will recieve 2 and if you do you will receive 3... if these aspects are employed then it will be a postion that is greatly desired

Hope you like the ideas peter,
you cant see me2.(29020)
Post by: word life 101(66857)
2007-01-08 12:36:19
(oh n btw do u know when this feature may be employed?)
2007-01-11 09:25:04
If the intent of the VOW President feature is to encourage communication and enhance the community, why not instead improve the way in which we communicate? I'd rather have the existing channels of communication enhanced.

Community growth is DRIVEN by communication.

Suggestions:
1. Message System
a. Enable us to send private messages to multiple non-stable member players.
b. Enable us to forward messages to other players.
c. EDIT: Enable us to block messages from specific players.
d. EDIT: Display text (in an uneditable form) from the previous exchange when Replying or Forwarding.

2. Introduce a Friend List

3. Chat
a. Replace the current chat window with a real-time chat window.
b. Get rid of the unused IRC Web Chat link.

4. Forum
a. Replace the existing forum with an external forum, as other forums have more features.
b. Alternatively, revamp the forum so that it has the same feature set as an external forum.
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2007-01-11 11:42:36
sorry capt. I cant agree with you on one point,

1. enable us to send private messages to multiple non-stable member players.

why? it would be abused by the spammers about efeds.
I say make it as hard as possible for them to send messages about joining efeds. or other inappropriate spam. just my opinion
2007-01-11 12:33:57
Good point, Jim. Spam, as annoying as it is, is not officially illegal.

Peter can make spamming illegal if the Conduct and Privacy page is amended appropriately. People can then just take screenshots of spam and email the pics to PLITGames@gmail.com.

Implementing newly-added point "1c" would help on some level, as well.
2007-01-11 15:06:18
a few things. no more links in chat or feds in chat or in pms. spams are out. Peter has posted. there is a player page for it. i have some ? aabout these .

Suggestions:

1. Message System

a. Enable us to send private messages to multiple non-stable member players.

b. Enable us to forward messages to other players.

c. EDIT: Enable us to block messages from specific players.

d. EDIT: Display text (in an uneditable form) from the previous exchange when Replying or Forwarding.

A. am not keen on point 1.

B. I do like thhis one.

C.This would be handy but its lots of coding and the mods are doing there job right!

D. this would make it easyer to send nasty pm to the new mod figger that takes over. but hell it will be a job and a half.

How about a new 6th style. How about peter set your stats at a base of say 25. then give you so many points that will allow you to set your own max level in each stat . with in reason of corse. This way you can be flexable with what you like.

As well why not let the player name his own style. Then have say the first 11 moves chosen for the char. but since your a 5 time legend ya can choose 5 moves your self. this would make some new styles i am sure.

What about makeing the pres a G.M because it suits the game more. like Bishoff.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout