Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: The Insanity Called Gym lol
Post by: Deathlord(144339)
2006-05-22 21:58:54
Yeah ... no flaming plz :)

Right... just a humble request, is there a possibility of making the gym a little less insane for lower exp ppl ?
I just lost 60AP + 600$ combo trying to gain 1 consc. And although it is totally justified to have this randomness for SSWOs ( who earn bak the money with just 3 singles wins ), It can really kill a new LAW's interest in the game. 600$ is worth 3 or 4 LMS wins in LAW :S
I just see it as a little unfair.

I am not sure if there is already a experience based or a (stat value based) rule, though im sure there must be one, governing the sanity or the lack of it at which the gym behaves .. but i think it would be really helpful if it can be tweaked a little for lower exp ppl.

I would wanna stress that an SSWO wouldnt mind it that much .. he is already addicted to the game ;) ... but thats not the case with a LAW
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2006-05-22 22:10:13
Yeah, I have to agree. There should be a change thats beneficial to new players. The gym should be modified so that LAWs see a reduction in costs. Then start the curve at SPWA, after a persons char has had time to develop.
Post by: thedynasty2(106975)
2006-05-22 22:16:35
Indeed, you are both right about this, though new things have been implimented, and will be awhile before Peter decided to do any more changes :)
Post by: thedynasty2(106975)
2006-05-22 22:21:14
Indeed, you are both right about this, though new things have been implimented, and will be awhile before Peter decided to do any more changes :)
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2006-05-23 01:46:19
How easy does the game need to be for new players? Next you'll want max stats to begin with.
Post by: BubbaG(33460)
2006-05-23 03:02:14
Hey LK what a Great Idea!!!
2006-05-23 05:21:47
Discouraging LAWs ( with the highly random gym for example ) would in my opinion do 2 things:
1. Result in most laws giving up and quiting.
2. For the ones that do figure out there is a detach button and that they can come back again, result in multiple wrestlers being created.

I dont think either is what the need is. But then mayb i am wrong :)

to think of it LK .. doesnt it really make sense ? all games are designed that way arent they ? that the game is easy to start off with, and it keeps getting tougher and tougher ?
Post by: Thor(146261)
2006-05-24 13:01:41
if you think it takes you 3 or 4 LMS matches to gain 600 bucks, then you have too much staff on in the first place. A LMS should net you minimum 300 to 350 bucks, more if you fight someone with more than 2 fame.

I agree with LK. Everyone before you had to suffer through things in the gym, and got through and dealt with it.

Hell, if LAW should get a break, then so should I at 5500+ exp on prices, since it cost me nearly 80 AP to gain the max 131st con point.

If you can't hack it, then play something else.
2006-05-24 16:05:27
Well .. mine usually pays me arnd the 250 mark for a win with staff at 2-0-0
And i think i know enough .. not much .. still enough ( i do have a SSWO too btw ), to know that 2-0-0 in LMS isnt more staff than i should use... But then thats the VOW i play, prbly diff from yours.
and when i said 3 to 4 wins, i meant that considering most of the times you do get staffed against, and you do have to recover a lot of con lost and stats damage taken.. so i was taking care of the net money the match earns me .. not just the paycheck i get
2006-05-25 23:43:53
You want to fall back on the statement that most LAWs would quit or detach? They do that anyway, they all want to be undefeated, so as soon as they lose, they create a new character.

That or they run through their initial 2500 AP, and detach because they are "out of AP, and we should get like 12 billion of them."

I personally make over 600 bucks in one LMS, and that includes healing and everything else. It's all about fame. Making things simpler for the LAWs doesn't help anyone, it just dumbs down the level of the player...so when they hit a higher league, they feel they are getting ripped off for having it so easy in the beginning.
2006-05-26 06:11:36
I have even made in excess of 450 for a singles thor :) .. but then thats a different case. Im sure noone makes that kinda money in LAW :P

Anyway ... just trying to lighten up the mood here ... i do respect your opinion.. and i wont question it anymore :)

Sry i got a little carried away last time
2006-05-27 00:12:54
lol I have made over 800 bucks in a single, fighting guys like Mad Max and Peter. Once again, all goes back to fame.
Post by: Steve Blakman(192627)
2006-06-06 18:15:32
Im a law myself, I think its not to tough although sometimes yer you lose all your money, get nothing and chuck your computer out the window, but its OK. They could make it a little easier but not much. People should be encouraged to keep playing by the game not by making it easier, like Thor said they dont want to feel screwed later on, atleast I don't. It is a great game and maybe more explanation to new players will stop them quitting so they don't think losing a match or using there starting AP is the end of the world. Both the problems you have mentioned I have answered and like you respected Thors arguements I respect yours aswell. Think about mine as I have thought about yours and speak your thoughts.
Sincerley The Lethal Weapon
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout