GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: Issue with Tourneys and Promotions
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2006-03-31 02:12:45
As Im sure this has been discussed before, I'll bring it back up again. I feel that its unfair to punish a player for promoting on the same day that they win a tourney, by not giving them what they earned. IF you win a tourney, you should get the prize money and Fame that is rewarded for the accomplishment. Recent example : Bobob(97080) won 2 tourneys the day he promoted to VWO, and lost TEN THOUSAND dollars as punishment for promoting before the next server set.

I hope others join me in making an official complaint to have something changed about this obvious flaw in the system. If you win the tourney...YOU should get paid.
Post by: yar(35506)
2006-03-31 02:18:34
I believe all of vow would agree the current sytem of tourney winnings when you advance is totally unfair,if you win the tourney you should reap the rewards, I hope this will be addressed and changed.
Or atleast a reason for why it is set up this way, ok a reason and a change would be good :)
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2006-03-31 02:20:36
if this is what im thinking of, then i suggested it like 2 years ago ^_^ and it should be changed.
Post by: JopeBow(66329)
2006-03-31 02:34:14
People know when they're about to be promoted dont they... that's the downfall of entering the tourny so much into the league you are in, probably to get an exp advantage. why complain? you know the risks when you sign up for it. i know it sounds tough but that's the way it is...
Post by: bobob(158797)
2006-03-31 02:46:51
I just think it is a flaw in the game tho. Fair enough, I knew the risks when I joined however, the game actually tells you the prize money is for winning the tournement, you can even lose the title match and still get the fame and cash. So I won the tournement while I was SSWO, I'm surely entitled to my prize money? :p

Now I know it's far too late for me now, but i do think it should be changed for future tourneys as the money is for the Tourney, not for winning thge tourney and taking part in a title match :/
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2006-03-31 11:06:46
"Vampiric BB is awarded 5000 $ and 100 fame for winning the tournament."

...for winning the tournament. Says nothing about league affiliation or title match...only the tournament. Just because everyone has chosen to lie down and take the flaw for years doesnt make it right. There shouldnt be a "risk" factor of joining a tourney other than losing and/or taking injuries. :) If you pay the entry fee, you should get the prize if you win....plain and simple :)
Post by: bobob(158797)
2006-04-01 02:27:10
well I'd sent Peter and e-mail aswell regarding this and his response was that he agrees and will look into it but with the to do list at the moment it could be a while. At least he agrees :D
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2006-04-01 22:15:15
i dont get it, can u explain it, please :)
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout