You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW Development & Design
Thread: MODS
Post by: dr_lector(48275)
2005-10-26 09:47:19
Right i know my id is kinda high but i been playing this for over a year and to be frank since peter got rid of the mods thing have went from a good game to a mess.

I know peter and bob can't be on this 24/7 but peter needs to bring back more mods than just bob

ok we may have had probs with mods before... but for gods sake peter the silly n00b( no offencec to n00bs) managed to lock all us who don't donate out of the server because of his antics

Hick bob is a good mod but u need more...he can't be here all the time

In fact if u want a mod i'll do it i don't care who the hell it is that don't follows the rules i will suspend there ass

sorry for the rant but u need mods back and u need them back quick
Post by: gruchul(66928)
2005-10-26 09:54:45
I have to agree, but the mods will have to put on more of a united front this time, else we'll slip into anarchy and in-fighting again.
I'm always here if you need someone for the job.

Vex out.
Post by: tanya_r80(100278)
2005-10-26 09:59:45
I agree, we needs the mods back, even if it's just a few. And my idea from before teh mod 1 mod2 thing could really help to keep the fighting down... BUT when we have someone who has now managed to bog down the server and everyone was booted not just the non donaters, he has been at this for an hour solid.. there needs to be more then just Hick Bob, not that i'm bashing him, but he has a life as well... This stuff really takes alot of teh fun out of this game. so PLEASE bring back the mods
Post by: mark VI(115113)
2005-10-26 10:00:39
I agree to...more mods
Post by: jcgadfly(49140)
2005-10-26 10:01:44
restoring the moderators would be a good idea.
Post by: Killer J(98925)
2005-10-26 10:02:25
Muhammad Hassan(63901) -PWO ya thats right im no longer a noob ha ha ha :)

u should bring back the mods Hick being the only one is putting alot of pressure on him and he just doesnt have the time and patience to do absolutely everything himself, he needs some help doing it so he can do other stuff in his life

BRING BACK THE MODS!!! (and i will be one if u need it) :)

i already know i posted the exact same thing in a different one ( i copyed and pasted ) so dont remind me
Post by: Theamazingjeckelbros.(133299)
2005-10-26 10:05:41
Black Dragon

I agree that bringing back the mods would be a good thing.

Having Mods would stop alot of the things going on in the chat.
Post by: Sargeant Rob(21584)
2005-10-26 10:05:49
I have been here for ALONG time and I would like to be a Moderator if possible. I come on everyday and see havoc break lose in the chat. As in matt hardy. who spammed the chat and wouldn't stop that just happened a few moments ago.

I agree bring the mods back. It would be alot better. I may not be a Legend. I would be if I didn't detatch but I am not a noob to this. I know how things work.
Post by: Abe Benjamins(118045)
2005-10-26 10:10:12
In all seriousness, we really do need more moderators in the VOW game.The entire atmosphere has been brought down by a few (I'm not naming them) idiots, who constantly bend and break the rules without being punished for it. Now, I'm not asking for a 24 hour Moderating task force, just a few more moderators to take care of business.
Post by: smoke(126548)
2005-10-26 16:23:16
I don't spam the chat... :(

...unless you're talking about a noob phoney...
Post by: the n3w era(30824)
2005-10-26 22:16:09
I have also been playing the game for a long time, (TNE's bday tommorow, wohooo!) and i would also like to offer my services as a moderator. I have in the past been in trouble but thats like over 6 months ago and i feel i have what it takes to be a mod. If more mods were introuduced, id like to be considered.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-10-27 16:55:15
It's funny how people are always trying to offer their services to become a mod.

Think about it, why is it such a big deal becoming a mod?
And what effect does asking to be one make?

I asked a LONG time ago (before Hick and Bubba became mods) to become a mod, and people like Brian Allan were put before me (!). Asking gets you no-where, in fact, it makes you look a "little" desperate to get the position.

Trust me, the people that have asked on this forum to become a mod (in my opinion) wouldn't be suitable to become one for various reasons - be it game experience or previous troubles with game rules.

OK, Hick has a lot of pressures on him, being the only active mod, but in a way, only having one mod is all we may need. In a way, we (the VOW Community) can be "chat mods" (I use the term loosely), but without the banning powers.

If you see someone spamming the chat, warn them on the chat, and through ingame messaging - take note of the responses! Then IF it continues, then message the mod e-mail address (found on the Contacts like in VOW). But don't spam the inbox with petty little things (i.e. accidental double posts), but take note of the serious things in the chat (i.e. bad language).
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-10-27 22:01:06
People 'like' me? :P
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-10-27 22:02:21
yep definitely with LK here. I've been here for quite awhile and don't have any comments on my master account by any of the mods. But, I do have a minor blemish on an old master account (which no longer exists but i'm sure some remember).

Offering your services gets ya nowhere. I know I have offered in the past as well as LK, and it got us nowhere. I doubt there is any reason for that to change. :)

What LK suggested really is the way to go about fixing any problems. Make sure you document what is taking place that is offensive and the time so it makes it a lot easier for bob/peter to check on. Email the info to the mod email account and then let them decide what to do about it.

Or you could just have Bob on your MSN :) But no, I will not give out his email address. You'll have to get it from him.

just a few thoughts on the subject,

BttW

edit: (sarcasm) Now don't get too big of a head Brian. Nobody likes you and you know it (/sarcasm)
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-10-27 22:31:13
Hehehe. I can live with that. :P
Post by: the n3w era(30824)
2005-10-27 22:56:11
in that case i dont want to be a mod

(reverse psychology ;)
Post by: hopton2004(72600)
2005-10-29 03:16:26
I agree mods are needed.
Looking at chat now especially there is no organisation.
Sometimes I think people just log on to report people and that is unfair and unjust.

What we need are mods that are active obviously but can work as a team.

Hell I'd do the job if asked, I'm active enough, but it is entirely up to Peter what he does.

Dest
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-10-31 10:26:33
Look, in all honesty, if mods are brought back, the second they do something the players don't like, people will complain about it, just like last time. So my question is, if the players are going to complain no matter what the admins do, why should Hick put the effort into bringing mods back when he can do nothing and have the extra time to do other things?

Just my 2 cents. I have no say in this anymore.

(-RETIRED Admin)
Post by: BALLA2K4(31390)
2005-10-31 14:55:24
I have to agree that mods are needed to a certain extent...but they need to have STRICT rules placed upon them...most things can be reported via the reporting procedures by emailing the mod email addy, but things like the other day need to be addressed at that time, not later...if there was a mod online, he or she could have dealt with the problem. Hick does a great job, but he is only one person. Personally, I never had a problem with the mods before when there were mass mods, but thats because I find no reason to break the rules...this is a family chat, and people need to remember that. With that being said, I dont think that we need 10 admins running aroudn throwing around warnings for somebody slipping and saying a single cuss word. It happens, there are some adults on this site that curse in real life, and sometimes when aggrevated it slips into chat. The thing mods are really needed for is the blatant abuse of the rules, and blatant flooding. This will cut down on the player "regrets" about the mods, as well as the player hatred towards the mods. For one, I believe that anybody who has a problem with what the mods do, probably have done something wrong and recieved a warning from the mods. Dont break the rules and you wont have this issue. Again, I think that most everybody will agree that we need more mods again, but I think they should be limited in power, and given strict set of guidelines to work by. One slippage of the tongue should not warrant a stiff warning and note on the permanent player record, but at the same time, blatantly breaking the rules daily should be dealt with, and somebody needs to deal with flooding idiots who kick us all out of the chat
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-10-31 17:39:30
Balla the only thing I don't agree with is limited power unless you have a lot of mods. If you have a lot of mods, some will just ruin VOW, for the heck of things, I know people would do it just for fun. They'd probably say ,"hey guys lets ruin VOW", ya know? I think 10 mods, on shifts in dif time zones would work. Not 5 on the same time. If you feel that there is an abuse of power, maybe just tell the other mods and not get involved.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-11-01 18:10:33
To quote from the main VOW page:

"VOW is a place for roleplayers and non-roleplayers alike, so join today if you enjoy good, clean, wrestling action!"
Post by: lazy(27024)
2005-11-02 08:33:18
I got booted due to a spammer its annoying, I'm the one who deserves to play not him :/
2005-11-02 10:45:30
There is an option to remove the chat from your window. It's under settings.
2005-11-02 13:22:32
removing the chat makes you not be able to see the spammer, but that does not slow down the system lag and overload that the spammer is creating doug...the time period that this happened is an already busy time period for the vow community, and one in which there is normally already a little bit of lag...adding one persons idiot behavior bogs down the server and creates lots of lag, which ends up booting people off the server. You should know that, as I believe you are one of the few people who play vow that have a knowledge of servers, the internet, webpages, and bandwidth issues.
Post by: insane_clown(143240)
2005-11-03 23:46:47
oh oh can i be a mod
2005-11-04 05:38:56
I have no knowledge of any such things.
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-11-04 07:23:13
yeah let clown be a mod =D
2005-11-04 17:57:30
then I appologize doug...I thought you were actually a web designer, not just a programming guru...my utmost appologiez
2005-11-10 02:49:51
I am neither a web designer nor a programming guru. I am a game designer. All that requires is an over-active imagination :D
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-11-12 01:16:17
"As in matt hardy. who spammed the chat and wouldn't stop that just happened a few moments ago."
If you mean me, then you are a liar.
2005-11-15 17:35:05
no mhv1 it wasnt you...there was a n00b in there using the name matt hardy spamming chat...
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout