GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Techs
Post by: Shadow Demon(49296)
2005-06-12 18:50:19
i have a query, a tech is supposed ot have a high counter rate, then why do other styles always counter more than i do? some may argue that if i fight someone with higher exp then they will counter more regardless of style, but i fought someone which i had more than twice the experience of and they countered way more than i did, i countered less than 2 moves, to their 10. their style was power grapple, i think if a style has an ability then it should show, a pg will hit higher a trad pin more often arailists connect more and stiffnecks take less damage but a tech's special ability doesnt seem to show. The point i'm trying to make is this, a tech's so called "special ability" iant very good atall they dont counter anymore than the other styles, i've found. please comment i'd like everyones thoughts.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-06-12 19:40:39
I think you just get a higher 'chance' to counter.

with percentage, you have to think of long run, not short run effects.

so, if it's based on a percentage to counter, a techs percentage to counter would be higher than all the other styles. But this wouldn't guarantee it to be that way every match
Post by: Shadow Demon(49296)
2005-06-12 21:37:05
That said, the other style's abillities are better and more apparent. So really a techs counter value should be upped in my opinion.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-06-12 23:54:53
you really think so? I see some matches where almost every move is countered.

I think a sampling of more than 1 or 2 matches would be needed before you can say the system that has worked for this long needs an overhaul.
Post by: Kueller(13231)
2005-06-13 03:06:22
Tech´s counter rate is high enough in my opinion. You just have a distorted perception, because the human mind chooses to remember the worst cases more often than the normal cases...
Post by: Crosson(37742)
2005-06-13 03:31:30
yeah if anything, i'd say tech counter % is too high :) but maybe that's just cuz my trad doesn't seem to fare well against them
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-06-13 04:57:14
The counter percentage is fine in my opinion. I may have matches where I get counterd to hell, and can't get any offence in, and there's matches where I counter like hell not allowing my opponent to get their offense in. You see this cycle alot in tech vs. tech matches. As for other styles, the counter chance has always fared reasonably well for me, it may be hit and miss sometimes, but for the most part it works out well in my matches.
Post by: MIKExISxWAR(63922)
2005-06-13 06:02:48
i'm a tech. and in some matches, all i do is counter, barely getting 2 or 3 of my own moves in. to me, that is ridiculous. but this game is more random than anything, so i guess it works out in the end.
Post by: NinterX(106306)
2005-07-10 10:11:55
Try using a traditional and play single matches. then see the master you are performing pins to guys with 1/10 of your experience........................no ,you are no master, im just being sarcastic. But i supose traditionals chance of pining will get better with time. like technics countering........dunno,never been there....

Edit: i looked now at your ID..........so i supose you already know it
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout