You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: fight your own league!
Post by: yar(35506)
2005-05-26 22:00:35
i dont think you should be able to fight other leagues, except for in rumbles and tag matchs.
I have noticed lately that their is an increasing amount of spwa, pwo, and sswo asking for matchs with laws. they know they cant challenge laws so they ask them to challenge.
they know that laws wont win and have virtualy no chance. I think if everyone was forced into just fighting their own league the game would be alot more challenging and competitive!
I think it is wrong for the higher leagues to go around the peramaters of the game, by asking laws to challenge them, if they were suppose to be fighting laws then they would be able to challenge them which is not the case.
i know many of you wont like this but thats probably because you like fighting laws for the easy money. it is'nt fair to laws cause all you do is take advantage of them and hurt their characters and you know it.
please take this under advisment peter.
Post by: Version 1(26732)
2005-05-26 22:12:32
That would be stupid. What if a LAW wants to fight the SWWO's? There is nothing stopping the LAWs from ignoring SSWOs.
Post by: gatcholio(28366)
2005-05-26 22:12:47
You are free to fight only in your league. Why limit what others can do?
Some players like to fight tougher characters. Usually more money in it.
I think if everyone was forced to fight in their own league, the game would be more restictive.
you think FORCING people to fight in their own league would be fun? personally, I don't find fun in being FORCED into anything.
By asking for matches in chat, you are giving people the OPTION to challenge you, no matter their level. If someone doesn't want to fight a higher level character, they don't have to send a challenge to them. If someone of a higher level challenges you, you have the OPTION to decline it.
I don't think what we need is more restrictive gaming rules.
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-05-26 22:17:12
my usuall chat message is need fights, and most of the time LAWs challenge me to lms or cage, so its there problem if i kill them. I didnt ask for them to challenge me.

Another stupid Idea in the vow forums
2005-05-26 22:18:13
ROFL, remeber when Scorp lost to a 0 Experience noob?
2005-05-26 22:18:42
i dont know why you would want to fight lower levels anyway, it is just a waste of ap. and laws make more money by fighting their own league and winning and with out the stat damage. when a law does win it is just a fluke.
rules are meant for the game to run more smoothly, i have know several players who have taken so much damage that they had to detach and start over thats no fun.
i respect your opinions but i must respectfully disagree.
2005-05-26 22:20:01
I don't respect your opinion. Your VOW mind is not as developed as ours.
2005-05-26 22:29:41
and if peter does allow it then maybe he should have modifiers for laws when they fight higher leagues to make it more fair.
2005-05-26 22:32:01
Ever heard of staff?
2005-05-26 22:39:13
ever heard of making no money to heal your stats when you use full staff, and you know as well as i do it doesnt matter what staff they use, 99% of the time laws will lose.
i know i am arguing with a bunch of people who are alot younger than me, so they might not have learned the value of fair play yet.
2005-05-26 22:41:40
Fair Play? Who said you had to challenge SSWO in the first place? And LAWs have won in the past. And how do you know you are than us? Tell me how old I am.
2005-05-26 22:42:29
I would like to know how old I am too, according to you. are you near 40?
2005-05-26 22:45:12
Maybe its Bubba...

* eye roll *
Post by: kranis(63924)
2005-05-26 22:47:28
When a LAw newb challenges the Eternal Champion, then I have always accepted the fight. its their stupidity that results in the beating. but truthfully is this best for vow?

If we want Vow to grow should the higher levels take advantage of inexperience? Do these bashings cause new players to leave because they keep getting slaughtered from their lack of experience? These are questions I have always wondered about.

Eternal Champion

P.S.: Any laws who read this message feel free to send me LMS matches. Just kidding :)
2005-05-26 22:54:18
well i am 42, and i know that most of the people on here are alot younger, and about fairplay. in order for it to be fair the two combatants would have to be close stats wise and move wise or else their is an unfair advantage.
i know laws have won but comeon hardly ever.
2005-05-26 22:55:10
VOW isn't a fair game.
Get over it!
2005-05-26 22:57:19
well i am 42, and i know that most of the people on here are alot younger, and about fairplay. in order for it to be fair the two combatants would have to be close stats wise and move wise or else their is an unfair advantage.
i know laws have won but comeon hardly ever.
2005-05-26 22:58:15
to think all LAWs are inexperienced is to ignore that most LAWs are those that detach every two days. They aren't all noobs.
My main point is that further game restrictions aren't going to make the game more enjoyable.
If you are LAW and have problems with people asking for matches, you have two choices, 1. don't challenge those out of your experience range. 2. quit detaching every two days and get out of LAW.
I certainly hope that the original poster declines all matches from anyone out of his experience range. Have you ever accepted a match from someone with less experience?
2005-05-26 22:59:23
sorry for the double post
but i am going to protect laws by informing them not to accept matchs from higher leagues so if you want to ask for matchs from laws just be prepared for me to tell them not to and they can make up their own mind untill/unless peter does something.
Post by: beggar(46408)
2005-05-26 23:01:43
problem with fixed limits is that just after you promote, it's impossible to get fair fights.
with the current system, a new PWO can challenge a high SPWA and it'll be a fair fight.

besides, I like occasionally fighting the higher ups

my previous character, when in LAW, defeated Wolverine even.

and I don't have any problem with accepting LAW challenges ... at the very least, it'll teach the LAW to check the stats page before challenging

as for PWOs tricking LAWs into figthing them ... hey, it's a wrestling sim ... when was wrestling ever fair?
there'll always be heels (and thank god for that)
2005-05-26 23:07:23
i respect everyones opinion even though i may disagree, all i know is fighting lower leagues use to be frowned upon and now it seems to be the order of the day. it just disgust me a little. rules are their to make the games fair.
and dont forget the rule "Players may not do anything to intentionally further another player's position if it significantly weakens their own position". by asking laws to challenge them they are inticing laws to break this rule.
Post by: kranis(63924)
2005-05-26 23:07:47
Yar, I see nothing wrong informing inexperienced laws that their making a mistake from fighting a higher level. I have also done that a few times in chat.

Not mentioning names but there are a few SPWA that specialize in LMS matches. They always decline my matches (from my SPWA alt) even though we're exactly the same XP. but they always ask Laws in chat for NO STAFF LMS MATCHES. I have tried to help the laws out. IMHO this is nothing but a blatent attempt to destroy an inerperienced LAW. whats the purpose of tricking the laws into no staff lms matches?
2005-05-26 23:09:29
ok. so I may be younger, but i'm not a kid.

I help people out all the time, sending messages to those obviously new guys who don't even have a special. If you want to send all LAWs messages and tell them not to fight out of their experience, I think that is great. no sarcasm intended.

BUT you wan't to take away their CHOICE to fight who they want. That's just plain silly.
2005-05-26 23:13:18
QUOTE:
and dont forget the rule "Players may not do anything to intentionally further another player's position if it significantly weakens their own position". by asking laws to challenge them they are inticing laws to break this rule.

I think this rule is more not having your friend make an account and coming on to fight you exclusively for 50 matches, while you bulk up off of it. Not some pwo or sswo asking for a match with another wrestler. A LAW can break this rule just as well by having someone do this and bulk up his wrestler.
2005-05-26 23:25:34
i agree gatch, maybe the rule is too generalized, that is the mods to figure out not me. it just seems wrong. and as the way the rule appears now, it appears that the rule is being broken regulary.
have i ever noob bashed, yes i have, but quit cause it isnt fair to laws. but you guys arnt really concerned about what happens to laws you are more interested in furthering your own character at any cost namely laws.
2005-05-26 23:48:42
after listening to everyones view i have decided that the only fair thing would be to use modifiers for the lower experienced characters. but still have a slight advantage go to the upper level.

i know when you rank up it wouldnt be fair for you to have to fight only in your level. and with modifiers everyone would still have their choice so that wouldnt be taken away, and laws wouldnt get hurt as bad in matchs they really shouldnt be fighting.

but in conclusion, i dont think anything will be done, too bad. thank you for all your input i really appriciated it.
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-05-26 23:48:56
The main reason not the noobbash: it isn't that good for the one doing it :)
2005-05-26 23:49:41
QUOTE:
but you guys arnt really concerned about what happens to laws you are more interested in furthering your own character at any cost namely laws. (so much for the "this isn't a personal attack on you guys" theory)

That is wrong. I can only say again that I help many new guys out. If a LAW challenges me, I'll give as much consideration to accepting it as I do when someone 2000 exp above me challenges me. I accept 90% of the challenges that come to any of my characters. At times I turn down LAWs, at times I turn down SSWOs.
2005-05-26 23:53:28
gatcholio, i am really surprised as a mod you would be on the side of the people taking unfair advantage of laws. i would think you would want to protect them as they are vows future. but i still respect you. and you have just as much right to have an opinion as any one else, including myself.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-05-27 00:10:48
1. Most times there are no people with the right exp level on VOW - and if there is, they have no AP.

2. Some people are non-donators and thus cannot get more than 500ap. If they come on as say a high PWO/low SSWO and they are the top exp person on, they will have to fight lower people to get rid of AP

3. Some people don't like to leave challenges hanging, especially if they hang for ages.

4. a) It's the noobs fault for challenging on the chat - if you don't want to fight higher people, then don't ask for fights!
b) It's the noobs fault for sending the match!!

If you don't like noob bashing.... tough - it will always be a part of gaming. Heck I admit to the odd bit of bashing, but thats only if the person asks for it!

yar - who is your VOW wrestler?
2005-05-27 00:13:45
I will restate.

All LAWs aren't new guys. Most know exactly what they are doing. They are detaching once a week.

I help many. I have sent 100 PM's in the last week helping new guys out.

The side I take is that I don't want to see more restrictions on the game. You wanted to take CHOICE from players. I'm not for that at all.

I see many players detach all the time, they come back and challenge those with high fame, letting all their stats fall except their Con. it's a strategy used by many to build up money to later build up their wrestler.

The modifiers you refer to are in place. It is called staff. Does it cut down on your paycheck? Yes. is that stated in plain view on the staff page? yes.
2005-05-27 00:20:13
LK's first point brings something I hadn't thought about during this discussion.

MCP originally started his now infamous Title challenge because when he would come on, there were no SSWO's or even PWO's to fight. He had 20,000 ap. So he made a special belt to any LAW or SPWA to fight for so that he might get some challenges.

Call him a noob basher if you want, but the fact remains, he accepts challenges from most anyone from any level.
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-05-27 02:12:46
In my time I've newb bashed now and again. Noone can deny that they haven't done it at some point. Most of the time I fight people around my own experience though. As a non donator it's really boosted me up the ranks by doing this. I get countless law challenges for LMS, Tables and the sort but I decline them all. I try to use what little ap I do get each day wisely, and the only way I can do that is by fighting people around my experience, which I've been doing and there's no doubt in my mind that It's benefited me greatly. It's come to the point where I'm only fighting SSWO's which usually entails fighting the same person muitiple times a day. LK can back that statement up. ;)

That's just the way I play, as the people around my experience is thinning every day, and it seems there are less SSWO's on now. Anyway, what I'm basically saying is that people have different game plans. Some like fighting the law's mixed in with the tougher challenges and the others like fighting people around their own experience all of the time (like myself). There's no right or wrong way in these two, it's just two different methods people like to adopt.
Post by: Limerick(56750)
2005-05-27 03:09:12
I noob bash, constantly. And I've been noob bashed. For me, it's a good way of earning a lot of money without earning too much exp, so when I move up I'll have a better chance against the people in my league. I help LAWs out in the chat and forums often. But if they're foolish enough to challenge me, when if they were even to look at my stats they'ld realise they don't have a chance, then it's their own fault. I used to never look for matches from LAWs, but they still challenged me whenever I posted for PWO chalenges. I've been the victim of it in the past aswell, when I was a LAW, but I learned from it. And other LAWs should learn from it aswell. You can't remove choice, that is stupid, besides, there are a lot of LAWs who do well in the SPWA tournaments. They should have the right to fight against those higher than them should they choose. Anyway, some LAWs purposefully challenge SSWOs so they can get killed before they detach. It's just the way the game is.
2005-05-27 03:11:19
who is my character? well i am best known recently as cyborg. have i noob bashed myself? yes lots. am i done with this issue yes! i will refuse to fight anyone thats not in my league from now on out, yesterday i was talking with a law, name to be with held, and he was telling me how he felt, what he actualy said will be kept confidential, but it made me realize that i would never fight out side of my league again, he challenged me to be better than the norm, if you want to fight lower or higher levels then that is your business no matter how i feel about it. also have i ever challenged anyone higher than me? yes i did so yesterday when i challenged HB to 3 matchs. i did agree with him that it is not fair to those who only fight in their league when people around their exp fight either higher or lower cause it takes matchs away from those in the league who are trying to get reasonable matchs.
but as a result i guess underestimates how personal of a issue this is. nor do i understand why someone would want to fight a lower level as it does nothing for their character, 1 exp and a little money, when they could fight some one closer to them and make more exp and more money, there are a few exceptions, but to get on chat everyday and do it really bothers me, but i have said my piece and am ready to bury this issue. if i have made some people think or enlightened some laws then i have done my job.
i wish the best for everyone in vow. good luck in all your matchs.
Post by: slangi(11441)
2005-05-27 04:05:34
look at it this way yars... LAW challenges SSWO to singles not provoked or asked (5 or 6 guys a day do this they just randomly challenge up) ok you got 2 choices...1 accept and become a noob basher get 1 exp and some cash and lower the price on your moves a little or 2 they know what theyre doing you decline them next thing you know youre putting up with a troublemaker in the chat for 5 hours with bragging rights about how an SSWO declined them and is afraid to fight them..id rather be labeled a noob basher then feed an ego
2005-05-27 04:08:51
its very rare that happens. and if it does that is why we have mods, i know i use to be a mod. i think its time to let this issue go but hey keep posting i am just glad people are in the forum.
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-05-27 04:34:13
"4. a) It's the noobs fault for challenging on the chat - if you don't want to fight higher people, then don't ask for fights!
b) It's the noobs fault for sending the match!! "

This sums it up pretty much. LAWS are already protected from higher leagues in that higher leagues cannot challenge LAWS. LAWS don't need any more protection than this. Challenging a higher player and getting cremated once should be enough of a lesson for any person of average intelligence. If anyone chooses to victimize themselves repeatedly, then they simply don't "get it," and they are hopeless anyway. Imposing restrictions to protect fools from themselves almost never actually protects the fool and almost always is damaging to intelligent players.
2005-05-27 10:40:29
after further review and talking to laws, i have totally changed my mind, i think most of them are brain damaged, i was trying to help them out and except for a few they all need bashed. open season on laws will be my motto as long as i am in vow, which will be a long time! i apologize to everyone. what was i thinking trying to help them out when all they want to do is committ character suicide.
2005-05-27 16:24:14
LOL.
yar, there is nothing wrong with helping people out. :) It's greatly appreciated by those that actually want it.
Post by: Limerick(56750)
2005-05-27 17:18:49
I think you'll find yar, that a lot of LAWs you send advice to automatically send you a challenge in response
2005-05-27 20:18:17
hey i have never noob bashed dont say everyone has
Post by: Lincoln(27675)
2005-05-27 20:43:09
Get over it!

SSWOs cannot challenge LAW, so the only way an SSWO and a LAW can fight is if the LAW send it... BY THEIR OWN CONSENT I might point out.

Who cares?
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2005-05-28 02:32:16
Quote from IC:
"hey i have never noob bashed dont say everyone has"

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the best thing I've heard all day!
2005-05-28 03:39:45
cyborg. smog, brock,gorgon, jessie james signing out
2005-05-28 07:59:18
ok bye then
Post by: FloriZeus(7923)
2005-05-30 07:22:56
ANd KOVOW concludes the topic with another historic statement...:)
Post by: amanda(99200)
2005-05-30 07:39:15
hehe thats my bf for you
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout