GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: vow unfair
Post by: yar(35506)
2005-04-12 09:13:47
i wonder how many people feel the way i do.
you work hard to buy all the top moves work your way through the ranks and get to sswo only to find yourself losing to people in leagues below you, i am not talking about once in awhile in my case 2 days in a row this is crap!
you would think that the longer you play the better you would get, which aint the case! the sub percent is too high, the random win % is also too high!!! i can see a wrestler in a league lower than you winning once in awhile, but come on this is rediculas you are taking all the fun out of the game. i know i am not the only ones who feel this way as several have complained to me, and some have even quit playing.
i am sure peter has got more complaints than i have and yet he refuses to do anything about it, the reason is beyond me.
i guess he doesnt want people to have fun on the game for what ever reason. if everyone quit donating till he addressed this problem i am sure that would get his attention! not that i am asking anyone too, but i know he wont see another dollar from me untill something is done.
of course he could always ban me to shut me up, but someone else would just pick up the torch, untill he address this problem alot of people are going to be unhappy.
i mean really whats the use putting in all this time if you get to the top league and lower leagues can walk all over you?
pretty bad when a moderator complains huh? thats why i am putting in my resignation from mod.
well just though i would express my feelings on the subject, please feel free to add your comments as well.
Post by: Coneman(325)
2005-04-12 11:50:21
Well there's a few things I hate about Vow...which are ruining it. But I still say the random and FLUKE wins...like when I beat someone to within an inch of their conciousness then they sub me..all ruins the fun

Now I'm gonna get told...this is a realistic game and subs can happen any time...ladida
Post by: Doug the Designer(55)
2005-04-12 21:12:43
When I watched wrestling, people got beat to within an inch of their lives and came back often. Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart are just two examples of wrestlers who often were "beaten" and came back to win.
2005-04-13 01:57:46
thats is because they were the better wrester which is exactly my point!!!!!
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-04-13 05:39:04
and what about from a mark view - Triple H vs Shelton Benjamin? You know, the first one Shelton fluked out with a school boy, then the next one he won again...followed by a third win sometime. Shelton is not a better wrestler from the non-insider view, since when looking at the statistics, they do not match up to trips' resume.

While flukes do happen in real wrestling, they are few and far between...yet they seem to be very very much more common on here.

just my view anyways
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-04-13 10:24:31
Yes well even if this were real the fact that thousands of matches are fought every day compared to the few that are fought in the WWE every day does mean that the chances of a fluke are more common. A wrestler in the WWE would barely fight more than once a week unless booked over for special matches, pretty much every regular wrestler here fights afew matches per day everything must increase proportionatly. The thing is that every wrestler does have an unlucky match every so often, if the number of those matches increase, the number of lucky wins must also increase.
2005-04-13 12:36:20
well comparing vow and wwe is kinda silly, wwe matchs are decided in a office before they r even fought. and even though i feel kray has some valid points, when differnt people from a lower league can beat you regulary i say something is wrong. i say lucky wins should be the exception not the rule!
Post by: Kray(52284)
2005-04-13 15:02:56
Yeah WWE is always a bad choice but then there aren't many 'Real' feds to compare and WWE is mainstream. But the continuous losses to some people in lower leagues could be down to them being a style that disadvantages you(While it wasn't technically propgrammed that way ot my knowledge but it does appear that some styles are more likely to win over other styles) and they fact that they could be remakes that have been chosen for pure sucess, throw the two together mix in a bit of luck and you get bashed all the time by those people, in the spirit of roleplaying it makes the game have more life but also gives some people the incentive to challenge stronger opponents on the hope of a win as if even a 200xp gap in PWO meant the opponent was virtually untouchable to you then even fewer would play the game at all.
Post by: Dinkus_Warrior(50201)
2005-04-13 20:56:24
Actually, they wrestle 4 times a week usually (house shows), so mos tpeople do have 3/4-7/8 matches a day, consider it almost a 2 week period every day (for the free players at least, big donaters get to have maybe a years worth every 3-4 hours)

it is understandable to have them one in every 20-25 matches, but when it comes to the area of 1-3, 1-4, 1-5...there is something a bit wrong with that
Post by: Brian Allan(45150)
2005-04-13 21:35:57
My suggestion to the players. Stick to the people in your own league. Fight people around your experience instead of challenging the lower leagues and such. You're less likely to run into the fluke wins, and you'll be gaining more money and experience from it. In my experience, the people you fight around your abilty's will be evenly fought contests. Sure, you'll probably get the odd quick sub now and again, but most of the time the fights will be evenly matched.

A lot of people have already made valid points about it, so I'm not going to go into it too much. One thing I'll say is that it happens to the best of us. Sure, it may get a bit frustrating at times, but you just have to get up and dust yourself off. We've all pulled off flukes in our time, and we've all been on the recieving end of them as well. You'll have the good days, the bad days and the mediocre days. You just have to take each day as it comes, and go with the flow.
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-04-14 09:27:19
Wow it has been way too long since reading one of these threads... just kidding. Seriously people get too fed up into wanting to win every match they can't accept losing. They think they have the perfect strategy, and know everything, but they don't. YOU WILL LOSE IN VOW! Get used to it. You will lose to "worse" wrestlers and you will win against "better" ones. It's the way it goes. You will have certain people that you will lose to almost no matter what, and you will have certain people that you will almost always beat.

You don't have all the top moves, especially if you're just now SSWO. You have a lot of good moves probably, but there are more than likely a ton more good ones that you will get win the time comes. Once again, let me say what I have said numerous times. Your wrestler is not unstoppable, that is the way the game works. If you build your wrestler geared towards one side of wrestling (namely in VOW it is Damage or Sub/Pin) then you will lose to the opposite side. This is where the Sub complaints come in. The simplest solution to fixing Sub losses is get more Submission yourself. And in the same matter, you get KO'd a lot, you need more Damage moves. Then another problem is if you stick to only your primary style for Damage or moves in general. You will do a lot better when you go cross type for moves. Also if you focus on Damage moves only, you will likely be using the harder to hit moves. So that is another problem you encounter. There's so many things out there to look at in this game, you can't really say you have all the best and you should be almost unstoppable to anyone lower than you and still fair well with those above you. That is something that get's me, is people wanting more moves yet they haven't figured out enough to use what is there or accept the choices they have made.

Then you have the complaint of losing to people lower than you. So why would you even be challenging these people anyway? The rewards aren't worth it at all really. You just want to win, and when you lose, you get mad. The big donators are all back in SSWO, and the fame is running high up there again. Why would you fight someone for 1 Exp and get nearly the same money you get for losing to a SSWO. You get what you get for losing, but if you can pull off a win, you get a nice payout and you get real experience. People challenging down leagues deserve to lose.

Once again the Sub Percent is not too high. Random wins are not too high either. Does it suck when you lose? Yes it does. But you need to get over it. You should count your blessings there because when you start really moving up and facing people with nearly all the moves, you will get a ton of high priced injuries. I guess that points to another of your "problems" and that being yes wrestlers do get better over time. Let's not forget that is why you challenge down, because the people up or around you are better opponents.

Always winning is the only thing fun to you? You aren't 5 anymore and we are not your mommy, so you can't always win. Two days in a row is nothing really. If you want to always win, go play another game seriously. The true fun lies in people here in the community. Get some realistic fun, having feuds, buying moves, just talking to some of the cool people around here. You want perfection out of your wrestler and that isn't realistic. You can't be perfect and the "bigger and better" guy can't always win. True in wrestling and true in real life. If this was exactly like wrestling everything would be planned out before you even set the challenge up. You wouldn't have much of a choice in the matter. And frankly from your insane comments management would just make you out to be a jobber. Can't say I wouldn't disagree with that happening.

So really if you want to stop donating, go for it when your time is up. But don't come around and complain about not having enough Ap. People that want all these changes end up complaining about it when things get fixed. Pins out of nowhere lead to even more injuries. Staff to help with injuries and help counter noob bashing and helping out to face people better than you leads to Staff abuse. Trads are overpowered leads to Trads are underpowered. Rumbles for cash leads to the better getting even better, or donators getting even further ahead. Have player retirement leads to omg I can't fight you, you have a damage bonus. People are never happy, will always complain, and then will complain when these changes get put in.

VOW isn't broke and doesn't need to be fixed. The players who play it, on the other hand, do.
2005-04-14 10:28:37
you need to shut your mouth, you dont even know what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Nasumat(27790)
2005-04-14 14:53:32
Looking back on my time here, it sounds to me that Speds knows exactly what he is talking about. I just hope that he got a bigger picture across to everyone that reads his post because the time spent typing it up was wasted on you.

So you shut your mouth, judging by your response I'd say it was hanging open after you read his post.

p.s. Oh yea, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by: mistahspeddles(20309)
2005-04-14 15:06:13
Actually I know exactly what I am talking about. But you're just another person who put some money in the game and thinks he knows it all. Really what you said to me about moves proves that exactly. High price does not = the best. Take a look at a lot of the Aerial moves, some of the cheapest moves out there, but also some of the greatest moves in VOW. You're a bit misguided, which could be helped, but it is hard when you think you know it all. I have helped plenty (more than I can count) of people on this game get out of situations somewhat like yours. The difference is, they come ask for help rather than whine about VOW being unfair. They want to fix their wrestler instead of attempting to fix a game that isn't really broke at all.

But yeah, like Nas said, I am wasting my time with you.
2005-04-14 23:43:50
dont worry about it i detached
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2005-04-15 01:24:50
good now will you shut up. well said sped
Post by: kriegpaolo(47053)
2005-04-24 18:46:36
I came up with one of those. I got lots ap and lose all matches I fought that day. Few days later, I win all (but lose 1). Next few weeks the same thing happens. Get over it man. I was upset when Im on a losing streak.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout