You are not allowed to reply to threads as a guest user.
WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Paster Ray
Post by: yar(35506)
2008-09-18 13:03:50
As an ordained Minister, I would like to offer my services to populace of VOW. If you need advice, prayer requests, or are looking for answers, then please post here. I realize that there are many beliefs out there that may conflict with your personal beliefs, but i will attempt to answer all questions in a timely manner.
May God bless you all
Paster Ray

OFFICIAL LETTER OF ORDINATION

KNOW ALL PERSONS BY THESE PRESENTS - - that Trinity Evangelical Christian Ministries accepts Raymond L. Mallonee, having demonstrated by actions and by statement of faith and love for Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Word, into the worldwide ministry of Trinity Evangelical Christian Church.

ON OATH
I, Rev. Dr. Nicole L. Weyant, on behalf of the church and all its members, do hereby select, appoint, and anoint you a fully ordained independent minister of Trinity Evangelical Christian Ministries, and authorize you to perform all standard Christian religious services, including the rites of marriage and baptism.

Signed and Sealed this day into Ministry Records by:
Rev. Dr. Nicole L. Weyant
President
Trinity Evangelical Christian Ministries

Trinity Institute of Christian Counseling
Box 270
Harvest, AL 35749
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2008-09-18 13:25:49
In Matthew 5:17-18 it states that Jesus wants Christians to follow the old testament word for word. Why don't they? And why do they actively disregard the parts of the old testament which they don't agree with or which are socially unacceptable these day, Like child slavery?

I thank you for your time :D
2008-09-18 14:08:26
Only God knows the heart of men, and why they do what they do, but I can comment on those scriptures.

Matthew 5:17-18 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law
17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
verse 17 declaring our Lord’s personal relation to the former revelation as fulfilling it; verse 18 basing that statement of the purpose of His coming on the essential permanence of the old law; verses 19 and 20 deducing thence the relation of His disciples to that law, and that in such a way that verse 19 corresponds to verse 18, and affirms that this permanent law is binding in its minutest details on His subjects, while verse 20 corresponds to verse 17, and requires their deepened righteousness as answering to His fulfilment of the law.

The first thing that strikes one in looking at these verses is their authoritative tone. There may, even thus early in Christ’s career, have been some murmurs that He was taking up a position of antagonism to Mosaism, which may account for the ‘think not’ which introduces the section. But however that may be, the swift transition from the Beatitudes to speak of Himself and of the meaning of His work is all of a piece with His whole manner; for certainly never did religious teacher open his mouth, who spoke so perpetually about Himself as did the meek Jesus. ‘I came’ declares that He is ‘the coming One,’ and is really a claim to have voluntarily appeared among men, as well as to be the long-expected Messiah. With absolute decisiveness He states the purpose of His coming. He knows the meaning of His own work, which so few of us do, and it is safe to take His own account of what He intends, as it so seldom is. His opening declaration is singularly composed of blended humility and majesty. Its humility lies in His placing Himself, as it were, in line with previous messengers, and representing Himself as carrying on the sequence of divine revelation. It would not have been humble for anybody but Him to say that, but it was so for Him. Its majesty lies in His claim to ‘fulfil’ all former utterances from God. His fulfilment of the law properly so called is twofold: first, in His own proper person and life, He completes obedience to it, realises its ideal; second, in His exposition of it, both by lip and life, He deepens and intensifies its meaning, changing it from a letter which regulates the actions, to a spirit which moves the inward man.

So these first words point to the peculiarity of His coming as being His own act, and make two daring assertions, as to His character, which He claims to be sinless, and as to His teaching, which he claims to be an advance upon all the former divine revelation. As to the former, He speaks here as He did to John, ‘thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness.’ No trace of consciousness of sin or defect appears in any words or acts of His. The calmest conviction that He was perfectly righteous is always manifest. How comes it that we are not repelled by such a tone? We do not usually admire self-complacent religious teachers. Why has nobody ever given Christ the lie, or pointed to His unconsciousness of faults as itself the gravest fault Strange inaugural discourse for a humble sage and saint to assert his own immaculate perfection, stranger still that a listening world has said, ‘Amen!’ Note, too, the royal style here. In this part of the

‘Sermon’ our Lord twice uses the phrase, ‘I say unto you,’ which He once introduces with His characteristic ‘verily.’ Once He employs it to give solemnity to the asseveration which stretches forward to the end of this solid-seeming world, and once He introduces by it the stringent demand for His followers’ loftier righteousness. His unsupported word is given us as our surest light in the dark future, His bare command as the most imperative authority. This style goes kingly; it calls for absolute credence and unhesitating submission. When He speaks, even if we have nothing but His word, it is ours neither ‘to make reply’ nor to reason why,’ but simply to believe, and swiftly to do. Rabbis might split hairs and quote other rabbis by the hour; philosophers may argue and base their teachings on elaborate demonstrations; moralists may seek to sway the conscience through reason; legislators to appeal to fear and hope. He speaks, and it is done; He commands, and it stands fast. There is nothing else in the world the least like the superb and mysterious authority with which He fronts the world, and, as Fountain of knowledge and Source of obligation, summons us all to submit and believe, by that ‘Verily, I say unto you.’

Mt 5:18.

Next we have to notice the exuberant testimony to the permanence of the law. Not the smallest of its letters, not even the little marks which distinguished some of them, or the flourishes at the top of some of them, should pass, — as we might say, not even the stroke across a written ‘t,’ which shows that it is not ‘l.’ The law shall last as long as the world. It shall last till it be accomplished. And what then? The righteousness which it requires can never be so realised that we shall not need to realise it any more, and in the new heavens righteousness dwelleth. But in a very real sense law shall cease when fulfilled. There is no law to him who can say, ‘Thy law is within my heart.’ When law has become both ‘law and impulse,’ it has ceased to be law, in so far as it no longer stands over against the doer as an external constraint.

2008-09-18 14:20:20
tl;dr
I R LEARNIN'! :D
Post by: denzil(82151)
2008-09-18 21:20:04
You know doing my study latly i had to do a talk on William Frederick Neech and the books he wrote and the values of the person. This was a tuff old talk for me because the values are way difrent to mine. if your a counsler you are there for the other person fully. its all about them not you. so if some one frounts up and there a worshper of some cult well. you have to help them. race age disabilaty etc. you get my point.

The thing about religen to me is its a awsome feeling helping people. So i do understand his needs to help people. the problem is preaching at people that do not want to here it and get roudy etc. then fights and wars happen because of difrent viewws. this sucks it realy sucks. and its all over a interprations of a book and values. just live and let live. thats what i think. and enjoy your felow man!
2008-09-18 21:47:43
a book that says that the book is right... IN THE BOOK.

FLAWLESS LOGIC! xD
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-09-19 06:27:31
Every time I try to hang new wallpaper, the paper falls off the wall inside a week ... any suggestions on a better paste to use???
2008-09-19 07:20:20
I am not sure which Paste you are using but these steps might help.

Step1
Be sure that you have the correct adhesive paste for the job. Some papers, such as vinyl backed or lightweight, require a specific paste.

Step2
Mix wallpaper paste that comes as a powder in a separate bucket before pouring it into the bucket or roller tray you will use for the job. Stir well with a stirring stick to remove all the lumps, but not so well that you put a lot of air into the mix.

Step3
Pour liquid adhesive directly into a bucket or roller tray.

Step4
Lay a strip of wallpaper - already cut to size, pattern side down - on a long, flat, dry table (the table won't stay dry for long). Let one end of the paper flop over the edge of the table.

Step5
Use a paste brush or a paint roller to apply the paste to the half of the paper that remains flat on the table, being sure to cover every inch.

Step6
Fold the section you just pasted over onto itself, and slide the dry section of the paper onto the table. Apply the paste.

Step7
Fold the next section onto itself, then fold the two halves against each other, being very careful not to crease the paper. This process is called 'booking.' Booking keeps the paper moist, the paste from dribbling onto the floor and the pasted surface clean.

Step8
Set the paper aside in a clean spot for no more than 5 minutes before hanging it.

Step9
Be a clean freak: As soon as each strip of wallpaper is booked and set aside, use a clean, wet sponge to clean the table - but don't bother to dry the surface. Do this even if you're going to paste several pieces before you hang them; you'll want to get the adhesive off the table before it has dried.
By eHow Home & Garden Editor
2008-09-19 09:02:13
loving the response xD
2008-09-19 10:17:35
me too:)
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2008-09-19 14:45:43
Got to love Google!

Click the link for more info.
2008-09-19 15:15:37
Well LK,I did give them credit if you would have looked. I dont claim to know everything, but if I can find what people are looking for and help even one person then mission accomplished.
You stating that you found the same thing on google even though I gave them credit, just looks like you have a axe to grind with me. And thats fine. But hate will eat you up inside. I have forgave you and moved on, maybe you should do the same, I am trying to be the bigger person here and end our strife but if you so choose you can keep attacking me, God loves you and has a plan for your life, i love you in Jesus name.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2008-09-20 04:44:27
Wow, how low. Bringing religion into an online forum. I'm sorry but there are times and places for those sorts of things and this is not one of them. And given that you took such great offense to me posting a harmless link giving people the same information that you sent me, maybe I should show just stop my "need to attack me in the forums", "grow up" and "leave the game". Yes folks, I've been asked several times by said player to leave the game.

Any response directed at me will be taken as another personal attack and reported.
2008-09-20 07:17:10
2008-09-20 08:03:42
After much thought I have decided the only way to get certain people to staop attacking me for no reason is to abstain from the forums. So this will be my last post here. I hate to do this because I have enjoyed the forums.
In closing I wipe the dust from my feet as a witness against the abuse.
2008-09-20 12:24:01
I agree about loving Google, here is my religion :)
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2008-09-20 13:34:44
"Any response directed at me will be taken as another personal attack and reported."

I Love Ben...

*Waits for report* :P
2008-09-21 10:39:34
Chris smells.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout