Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2008-08-17 19:43:54
LAW - 917 players
SPWA - 99 players
PWO - 80 players
SSWO - 56 players
VWO - 45 players

Anyone else notice a dramatic difference in the amount of LAWs to SPWA? -.-

We need to help these LAWs make it to SPWA, so ANYONE you see dieing spam them with tips and hints. It will benefit the game for everyone... more people to fight/talk to = more donators = more money for Peter which might even persuade him to show more interest in the game.

(Gonna check back on this thread every week and check the difference in players.. hopefully this will motivate you all into making a difference.)

PS: I got bored and wrote a short simple guide to just getting started... it's in my Spec description if you wanna check it out. :)
Post by: denzil(82151)
2008-08-18 09:36:33
fi you whish send me the link and i will add it into my spec list. i have the wiki as my main link. i have been nottusing the changes too. how ever i have been working and had no time to play. what is needed a buntch of vets that get on and teach. and do not stop teaching. i use to ages ago but i dont realy do it much now because of study. lets see if any one else pickes up the torch. I know dina mike does . i see him do it when i am on all the the time.
2008-08-19 07:47:02
its in my spec now. well done
2008-08-21 07:43:04
did you know if you place it as a link in your spec the spec never seems to turn up. so i took it out. i might add it up where i have the wiki later. am not sure
2008-08-21 11:19:44
lol no it doesn't that's just crazy coincidence.
2008-08-24 15:26:00
LAW - 902 players (was 917)
SPWA - 103 players (was 99)
PWO - 69 players (was 80)
SSWO - 50 players (was 56)
VWO - 43 players (was 45)

More LAWs and SPWAs, but less PWOs SSWOs and VWOs

Not enough players making it to SPWA In my opinion. And it seems like more than a quarter of SPWAs are detaching before they get to PWO. And 9/10s of LAWs are detaching before SPWA. This issue needs adressing seriously.

The failing LAWs need help and it's SHOULDN'T be our duty as fellow players to help them, it should be the game's duty if it wants to survive it should help these new players some how (tutorials have been suggested and a smaller league has been suggested) VOW needs some change and it doesn't look like it's ever going to get it.

Next update in VOW? Move dependancies, right? Something that'll confuse the new players even more? Great.
Post by: Craig(170136)
2008-08-24 23:53:50
917 laws

Belong to like 2 people
Post by: Impacter(343349)
2008-08-25 18:11:30
Thing is. The only way the numbers PWO, SSWO, and VWO players drop. Is because they just were not on. Or that they retired:D
2008-08-25 18:48:12
Exactly, therefore people are losing interest in the game, due to lack of players/updates.
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2008-08-25 19:56:37
I agree!!!!111one I've lost interest in VOW... 2 years ago, it was all I wanted to do, hell, I even thought about ideas with what to do with YG during school. Now, I only get on to check whether or not I have any matches I need to accept
2008-08-25 20:02:16
Yeah exactly my point. Maybe we're just the older generation of VOW now and we're gonna leave and a new generation are gonna have to deal with the strife that we have.
Post by: bla ulv(108040)
2008-08-26 00:48:41
it is our duty as fellow players though to treat them with respect, if we are going to taunt and poke fun at them, then how can we expect them to stick around? I have sat and watched as the game has gone downhill, it's sad, the way people treat each other. I'm sure that there are a bunch of different reasons why people have left the game but there is one that is recurrent and no one wants to try and improve anything. Peter seems to have even lost interest in the small community here, I know I don't login like I use to, and I miss my friends that were here.
2008-08-26 04:59:57
i find if you see a new player in chat and his learing. drop him some advice. if he takes it up give him some more. get them hooked first. then roll into spec parts of the game like move sets etc. talk about the bounus of having a multi ammount of ap because you donate etc. just drop it in to chat etc. talk about old vets in game and what they have done and how. this makes new players wonder how and ask questions. posative help and less newb bashing realy helps.
2008-08-26 23:36:55
Tes
There has been a vast improvement in the attitude to new players from what i've noticed, people are a lot more helpful than they used to be.

Denzil
I know what you mean, i try and keep the advice simple, i know it's abit patronising but it helps without overwhelming them as VOW is a very complicated game to pick up straight away.
2008-08-27 07:09:07
yep too true. the basics like stats and a spec move. telling them it can do up to 15 dmg extra per move makes them think. then if you explain you need a fully buffed stat for it to work they start asking questions. all questions are good. this means there intrested in learning. i have been doing some counciling lately and i have learned its best to just show them what is posable and let them choos what they want to do. then suport them in trying. if after they stuff up and ask for advice then show them some options. once again let them choos. this way they feel there doing more with there own wreasler. this is true too.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2008-08-28 07:39:30
Helping struggling/new players with advice + tips is a good start and I commend the sentiment ... but what's going to encourage players to stick with VOW in the long run?

What's going to DISCOURAGE players from detaching after a defeat or two in LAW or when they find things get a bit tougher or matches are (allegedley) a bit harder to come by in SPWA + above?

And maybe more importantly - what's going to encourage Peter to actually do something about making decent changes to VOW instead of just 'cosmetic' ones?
2008-08-28 10:46:41
Damn rhetorical questions! i thought you was building up to a solution there John :p
2008-08-28 10:52:12
I was goint to REmake some suggestions ... but what's the point really seeing as they are hardly likely to achieve anything???

(Yeah, I know, cynical, negative point of view - but with the exception of the cosmetic change to move descriptions, the only other change that has taken place in my 3 years on VOW is the payout for single tags being reduced)
2008-08-28 11:23:48
the last big change was retirement and that was ages ago :S
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2008-08-31 13:03:52
It boils down to a few things folks.

When Peter made attempts to change the direction of the game and add updates to it, YOU the veterans logged in to this very FORUM and blasted every attempt. YOU the veterans instigated hate and divided the group. I'm sure Peter looked at this as a lost cause over prideful, vindictive, jealous, and self centered egomaniacs.

YOU the veterans of VOW, stabbed each other in the back at every post while complaining about change. So, what's an owner to do when NOONE is happy with anything suggested or added to the game? when "YOU GOT PUNK'D" was the daily theme in almost every thread?

The greatest controversy and best case scenario of the downfall of the veteran base : So many of you eagerly jumped on the band-wagon to bash the "age cap" addition, that you didn't even give it a chance. LOOK at the success of JOKER and what that character has achieved WELL past the "age cap"? He's still a champion in the VWO league at the time of this posting. Imagine what the bulk of those who retired and walked away from the game would have done IF IF IF they had not been barraged by all the propaganda that was smeared all over the chat and FORUM? Or how much money they took with them when they left? Or the money, experience, and most importantly the friendship lost when Brian Allan left (He retired and came back months later only to go inactive)?

Think about these things before you question what can be done to improve VOW. You can bet, Peter already has :)
Post by: Bruiser Brody(121422)
2008-08-31 20:30:25
"I can't get a match"

I would recommend logging in everyday. First of the morning, I send out challenges and just before the day is done I have to drop them because of tournament staff being set.

This has been the trend in SSWO and VWO. I have the ap, time, and fame to set/accept challenges every day :), but it's old facing the same 2 or 3 week in and week out.

More accept and less decline,
gives you experience and wealth.
Here's your sign !!!
GIT R DUN !!!
2008-08-31 22:37:51
That was years ago, and if Peter can't face criticism that's his problem.
2008-09-01 10:52:19
Ageing was (and still is) a contentious issue (but I'll admit an addition to the game I am fully supportive of)

This is the most recent (MAJOR) change to the game and was actually brought about by Peter listening to the concerns and view of players and acting upon it.

Yes, there were complaints/discussions around the changes and the decision to make the changes was made after all points of view were taken on board.

There have been plenty of decent ideas raised since that point to try ad improve the game - none of which have been acted upon and, to be brutally honest, none of which APPEAR to have been given any consideration by Peter at all.

The lack of changes/improvements to the game is bad enough .. the APPARENT lack of interest in the game by the person who 'controls' it is even worse.

How can we expect players to stay positive about the game when there is such apathy shown towards them + the game by the person NOT running it?
2008-09-01 13:52:16
Everyone should be like me, you see,

-Nice
-Sexy
-Beautiful
-WITH A GIGANTIC .... EGO!
2008-09-01 13:54:31
But on a serious note.

The issue is and has always been, the lack of interest in the game by the creator. He could atleast sell it to someone who could make the changes we need, but alas, we're stuck here complaining on the forums as usual :(
Post by: Impacter(343349)
2008-09-01 20:12:02
We could always stop complaining. Just bring negativity to the game and people who have yet to retire. Why not just quit if you hate the game so much? It is a waste of time to post as Peter will never read this and make changes. You could just quit the negativity and let people who WANT to play the game enjoy it. Why do you have to stay and make people think VOW is bad. You vets may have gotten bored but there are a lot of guys like me who still like VOW and would like to play it. I honestly am tired of posts about what Peter is doing wrong. I would like some changes too but you make Peter seem like a bad guy. Some people don't need change. For those who do. There are other wrestling games out there. Go join them rather than being negative towards VOW.
Post by: detroit maniac(233270)
2008-09-01 22:03:14
Almost half the posts in this thread had a random word capitalized so I DECIDED to join in the fun. But Seriously, I still think VOW's a cool game if you're still in your first few months, but the guys who've been here for some time are pretty much used to EVERYTHING. And while an update may be far away, there ARE things that WE, the PLAYERS, can do to make it more fun... Like the "Un-Official Tag Team Tournament", which brought a little spice to the tag aspect of VOW...

That's my post, Started as a joke, but actually turned into something, funny, huh?
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2008-09-02 09:16:35
hmm, I would be considered a veteran of the game and I still enjoy it.
almost as much as when I first started playing.
so there will be no complaining from me.
2008-09-02 11:39:41
Give it time Dre and you'll be just like us :p
2008-09-03 12:03:25
There's a difference between 'complaining' and making genuine criticisms.

When all constructive criticism seems to be largely ignored, when decent suggestions are not even acknowledged and when the person who controls the game disappears for months on end and doesn't introduce contingency plans to hand over basic elements of that control to anybody else, then people will think they have a right to complain - especially those people who contribute a great deal of time + money to the game.

Do I still enjoy the game - yes. As much as I used to? No! Improvements and changes are needed to breath fresh life into the game - in the past, new ideas were welcome, suggestions were at least responded to (if not directly by Peter but from him via the Mod team) - that doesn't happen these days - that is my biggest criticism.

Without Peter being around, and without him handing over control (if not ownership) of the game to people willing to invest some time into making changes to the game, then nothing will change - at least not for the better.

From my very basic understanding of the current situation - NOTHING at all can be changed (game-play, rules, Mod team etc etc etc) without Peter's express approval and involvement. (But, as I say, that's just my very basic understanding - I may be wrong)
2008-09-04 20:37:31
Bump for Justice! xD
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21814
Logout