WELCOME TO PLIT GAMES FORUM
GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: How do you judge who is a good VOW player?
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-06-25 08:38:42
With the formation of the VOW Hall of Fame (under Player Pages) I was wondering how everybody judged who is a good player (+ who isn't).
Do you base it on VOW records/stats?
- Win %age (although this can hide a multitude of 'sins' - only accepting fights from + making challenges against weaker opponents for example)
- Tournaments + Belts won
- Average XP gained per victory (Total XP minus defeats)/Wins) (But what value would you say is good/bad/indifferent?)
- Speed to retirement
- Number of entries on the Legends of Vow list?
etc. etc.

Or is there something more that separates the Legends/Vets from the masses?

I'm not trying to come up with a definitive description of what makes a player good or bad, just interested in people's different views.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-06-25 08:44:26
Oh - better give my view I suppose :P

Of all the stats, I think a decent Exp/Win ratio is the most important (3.80 or above probably) - but stats are just the tip of the iceberg.

Experienced players who are willing to share their knowledge with new players and who can get along with the majority of the other players are the best players of the game. Those players who add (or have added) 'something' to the game are the ones who should be in the Hall of Fame :D
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-06-25 09:44:38
VOW stats matter squat to me. It's basically to do with friendliness. If your friendly to me you get friendly back, it your an utter noob, you get abuuuuuuuuse. :)
Post by: insane clown(11577)
2007-06-25 11:30:10
Well i am a fantastic player and the rest are terrible thats how its worked

long live THE KING OF VOW
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-06-25 11:37:45
Well for me, it is multipartite. I dont care about stats, or win% or any other stats.
DO you follow the rules?
Do you help out others?
Do you have the attitude that this game is all about the vets/legends at the expense of new players?
Do you donate to the game, either monitarily or in some other positive way?
Are you willing to fight all comers close to your experience, even if it is only in your desired match type? Do you add to the friendliness of the game or to the negative side?
I have played this game for a very long time now, and I guess I have matured as a player, at first it was all about winning, now it is about the challenge. I would much rather fight close to my exp, win or lose, than just take easy matchs.
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2007-06-25 12:02:47
sounds like people are confusing what makes a good vow player. with what makes a popular vow wrestler
for me what makes a good vow wrestler is someone that dominates consistently those around his exp.
someone who wins a good percent of tournies.
records can be manipulated so that isn't a good indicator.
you are only as good as those you fight.
I am a great vow player.
I am not a popular person on vow. when popular means well liked.
some like me. more don't. probably.
2007-06-25 12:06:53
Not all of us judge people by how good they are on a game though.
2007-06-25 12:18:09
And also a 'great VOW player' would not send a person with 484 exp .. 100 table matches.

Not mentioning anyone in particular here.
Post by: penguinlover(294552)
2007-06-25 12:34:24
I would.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-06-25 13:44:51
There's a VOW Hall Of Fame?

And why am I not in it? -.- I get called a "legend" all the time, yet I'm not in it!!!!! Wats up wit dat???????????!

PS. IC rlz VOW.
2007-06-25 14:00:31
You're not in it, cos it's hardly done fairly :P
2007-06-25 20:08:51
at first when ever I made a post and aiden would attack me right after. it got to me a little. now I just think it is funny. lol
2007-06-25 20:21:02
Please dear, call me, legendary wolf(38655)
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-06-26 01:03:13
Legends.

Lists of legends are ok but it’s just like choosing a world class team. Who to choose. The problem is every one will have different thoughts on whom and who should be on the list. I have my views and have fought most of them old and new.

I have seen players have really bad chars but gut’s it out till they became a Legend. Some players did not whish to retire but ageing came along and they voted with there feet. More power to a player if he stands by his convictions. You don’t have to be able to become the first legend and have no idea of how you did it. Lots of them just got threw it and the second and third time around refined there playing style. This makes them good but not a legend to me. Thoughtfulness’ consideration cheerful and fun to be around and having a open mind and willing to try stuff that is not the norm is what makes a player different.. Thinking about others first and not being a “ME ME ONLY” sort of player and showing respect to new players and helping if need be. Seeing a player for his statements and his actions are what make Legends to me.

This game is about fun first and good friends if you have the social skill to jell with the crowd. Think I will keep my list to my self so I don’t inbarus any one.

I see this in some players. As normal every day gamers there fine. Then toss them into a small group and they become real little Pains in the ass. Strange this. How ever when you talk to them by there selves there fine and respectful but in a blink of an eye you have a two-handed sword stuck in your back this is a shame. I think a lot more players could be legends if they just woke up to them selves .

Denzil.
2007-06-26 03:29:08
"Thoughtfulness’ consideration cheerful and fun to be around and having a open mind and willing to try stuff that is not the norm is what makes a player different.."

That's just like me then :o
2007-06-26 04:55:58
LOL. Did not want to imbarus you lol
2007-06-26 09:10:36
fine fine fine, what makes a truely good VOW player... is someone who is sad, has no personal life, and can donate enough to stay on all day.

there is no skill involved in VOW, just time.

it's a grind-game, constantly doing the same thing all day, you click one button, you click another button...
2007-06-26 09:26:10
aiden. so there is no skill involved huh? I guess that is why our record for matches is 79 wins for me and 15 wins for you. I can see why you would want to say no skill. hahaha
2007-06-26 09:29:10
if you remember i was helping you get to VWO...

You still insist upon trying to annoy me, huh? Because you can't face the fact that the only thing you have accomplished in your whole life requires no skill.
2007-06-26 09:44:59
you dont even know me. you dont know what I accomplished in life. you never helped me. admit it I am a god compared to you
2007-06-26 09:56:40
Aiden Wow cant you see bud the Big guy is just playing with you. its so funny watching you bite and try to upset your older players. lol its very funny. What next! To get a league of extraordinary newbs againtsed JIM? lol come on grow up bud. what are you 15? your carring on like a 6 year old with a bad temper tantram. Luckey mods can not send you to your room with no P.S3 lol

Get over it and your self. Try to be nice to ppl. it would be a nice change.

Denzil
2007-06-26 09:57:51
although to be honest. we shouldn't be posting in this thread. about your petty attacks on me that I find so funny. why dont you start a thread. maybe call it. mad max why I hate him. then you can post. I can laugh about it make a post. you can attack me. I can get another laugh make another post.
to be honest when you post I look at it like I do when my son says something silly and I give him that look that adults give to young adults when they say something outlandish. like I just saw big foot. lol
so keep posting I find you very funny. and you can get all your friends to join in and attack me also. it should be great fun. you can get a whole coalition of your friends to attack me and we can have a great laugh
2007-06-26 10:08:39
Denzil, you don't know the half of it mate ;)

Jim, you sure are acting different then you are in your PMs. I mean on here, your acting the bigger man. In your PMs you act like an obsessive weirdo who's only goal in life is to 'stop me being mean to others'

Now, now, if i'm carrying on like a 6 year old, Jim, i hate to think what the hell it is you're doing.

I did actually tell a few people that i was ignoring you, and i have been doing, until you brought me into a conversation with several people i know, and are OBVIOUSLY going to tell me about it. So you want to stop me being 'mean' (not my word, yours) then you better get started. Because nothing you can EVER do is going to stop me from being me. I mean what are YOU gonna do? Threaten me with... your VOW character? Throw action points at me? Use your 'fame' as a weapon?

C'mon you're a social loser, accept it.
2007-06-26 10:09:59
Let's get this thread back on topic.

With the formation of the VOW Hall of Fame (under Player Pages) I was wondering how everybody judged who is a good player (+ who isn't).
Do you base it on VOW records/stats?
- Win %age (although this can hide a multitude of 'sins' - only accepting fights from + making challenges against weaker opponents for example)
- Tournaments + Belts won
- Average XP gained per victory (Total XP minus defeats)/Wins) (But what value would you say is good/bad/indifferent?)
- Speed to retirement
- Number of entries on the Legends of Vow list?
etc. etc.

Or is there something more that separates the Legends/Vets from the masses?

I'm not trying to come up with a definitive description of what makes a player good or bad, just interested in people's different views. this is a recopy of john's initial inquiry
2007-06-26 10:15:38
aiden. you just dont get it.
I am playing you like a new toy.
there obviously isnt anything I can do to parent you. and I dont want to. it's not my job. you have parents to do that.
I am just playing with you and you have done an awsome job of taking it hook line and sinker. rofl
I have done more in my life than you ever will. social loser? now that is funny. I retired before I was 40. look around at the adults in your life how many have done that that you actually know? not many.
my social network is huge. start that thread. why I hate mad max and quit hijacking john's thread.

2007-06-26 10:42:28
playing me like a toy, lol.

says the person who requested me to stop mailing him, or you'd report me for harrassment? lmao.

Nice on Jim ;)
2007-06-26 11:17:21
Records are overrated.
Post by: beggar(46408)
2007-07-02 06:53:46
only stat that matter be number of rats in beard
*checks beard*
woohoo, beasty win!!!
Post by: horne 86(108503)
2007-07-04 21:48:02
Different players are good for different reasons so they'd have to be evaluated differently.

If you can build a char that can fight well around your exp well done.

If you're talking hall of fame, if it's a popularity contest then it should be the most well liked by the most people, but it will lack substance.

They would have to have contributed something to the game somehow but I think in the Hall of Fame it pretty much tells you what it is influenced by their char and their personality.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to make judgments on a personality when you only see a person in one light though.
Post by: penguinlover(294552)
2007-07-05 18:12:42
Im not a legend, im the legend.
Post by: tay ncfc(183846)
2007-07-06 18:02:11
it should be judged of how many dots in a name.

A.J. Milner - wow pretty good

BUT seriously, it should be based on how well you do around people round you in different match types. Its like, cant say a stiff neck loses to a trad in a singles they're worse, and vice versa with a Cage.

Tournaments - not everyone enters them, or can afford to all the time.

What people have contributed to the game is nothing to do with how good they are. I donate, someone else doesnt, doesnt mean im better.

Speed of retirement and legend list entries are easy to do if you have the dollar. Which most don't.

I think thats a pretty fair conclusion.
Post by: etime2(303941)
2007-07-07 14:47:52
2007-07-07 19:30:59
not you.
Post by: horne 86(108503)
2007-07-14 22:45:58
I personally feel that I'm Too Sexy(6213) to be a good VOWer and good might as well be insulting to my state of sexiness so I'm better than good :D
2007-07-15 09:32:45
I am also Too Sexy(6213)
Post by: Silverscreen(301917)
2007-07-15 20:15:35
A good VOW wrestler is one that has fun
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout