GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Fine, I quit
Post by: Omni(268336)
2007-03-26 10:10:45
OK, so a few days ago a player got his chat priviliges cut for using a movie reference that a moderator misinterpreted as a racial slur. And just now, I get mine cut for posting what was obviously a joke about LAWs challenging me. I even put a smiley on the end of it. Since I started playing this game, I have done nothing but help other players, especially newbies. I have voted every day. But if the moderators are so incredibly clueless that they do things like this without stopping to think, then I'm done with this game. There are plenty of others to play out there.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-03-26 10:21:52
It's too bad that you got suspended, but if I follow your logic correctly, I can walk into a bank with a smile and say the following to a teller without fear of repercussion:

"Hello, I'm a bank robber. Please give me all the money in the vault. Tee hee..."

*wink, wink*

In real life, we always have to keep ourselves in check, no matter how innocuous our behavior might seem to us. Another point to remember is that subtlety and innuendo are often difficult to convey through text.
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-03-26 10:27:27
bye :)
Post by: Omni(268336)
2007-03-26 10:28:26
Those situations are clearly different, but it doesn't really matter. I (used to) play this game to relax and for fun. Now, it's just another place for annoying authority types to try to show what a big deal they are without using their heads.
Post by: legendary wolf(38655)
2007-03-26 11:04:50
bye :)
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-03-26 11:09:46
talking about not thinking, if you were such a helpful player you should have watched and obeyed the rules yourself, no one will miss you, well maybe other noobs, when you mature alittle bit come back and try again.
Post by: The Mad Hatter(237592)
2007-03-26 12:42:54
Peace Omni, shame to see you. I know alot of people that I've met here that have liked it but quit early for the same reason as you.

Hopefully I'll see you again here.

CBFH lives on. :P
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-03-26 16:15:45
I think my last point was the most relevant point I made.

Is it at all possible that the sarcasm/joking you were attempting to convey could have been lost as soon as it was put to text? It is very easy to misinterpret someone's true meaning when communicating on the internet.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-03-26 21:15:45
Bye :)
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-03-26 21:48:00
OMG OMG OMG - I got my chat banned! I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram and make a scene. Threaten to leave the game and get the sympathy vote. Use the "I help noobs" card.

Jesus Navas, why are people sooooo hung up about having the chat on a game?
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2007-03-26 22:19:25
you was caught breaking a rule, and now you want to complain about it.
you may have put a smiley face behind it. but I am sure you was only half kidding.
even if you was joking it is hard for anyone to know your intentions. a smiley face could mean alot of things depending on what you posted.
you got caught breaking a rule. accept it. and adjust.
the way you behave in real life or on here is up to you. the repurcutions is usually up to someone else. it will continue to be that way your whole life. so pouting when you choose badly and get caught and the repercutions is something you dont like is just the way life works.
Post by: Dyna Mike Duncan(127082)
2007-03-27 01:40:02
1) Putting a smiley face after challenging LAWS could have been interpreted as a joke by some, if not most of the LAWS. However, the rest of them could still have taken it as a genuine challenge and raised matches against you.

2) At the end of the day, the rule is that SPWA's + above are not allowed to 'noob-bash' - as is clearly dictated on this Forum.

3) Putting a smiley face after it doesn't alter the fact - would it be right for the Mods not to ban somebody for swearing or making racist comments just because they put a smiley face after their comment????

4) Finally - a chat suspension isn't the end of the world, stop moaning, apologise for being wrong, grow up and get on with the game.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-03-27 19:06:12
"4) Finally - a chat suspension isn't the end of the world, stop moaning, apologise for being wrong, grow up and get on with the game."

Seconded (thirded?). I was chat banned for like two months straight from a day 3 chat ban. Granted, I didn't e-mail after 3 days to get my chat back, but meh, it's not the end of the world. Not with the current state of VOW atleast.
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2105
Total Posts: 21809
Logout