GUEST()

Reply to Thread
Return to thread view
Return to main page

Forum: VOW General
Thread: Complain...
Post by: akokulit(165270)
2007-02-06 23:32:27
EDIT: Deleted because of moderator's note.
Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-02-07 00:56:56
Links should only be placed on your player page and on the appropriate thread in the forum.

I think a lot of PLIT players and Peter were getting annoyed of links being sent to external sites which don't have:
a) anything to do with PLIT Games (general e-feds)
b) no link back to PLIT Games
c) the player has no purpose of looking at

If people want to join e-feds, they'll come to you, there is no need to spam people with e-fed invites.
Post by: tbragu(97303)
2007-02-07 05:46:09
I have to agree with Legend Killer on this one. I on more than one occassion got unsolitcited messages about e-feds, and I don't want them. It is just rude to message someone you don't know, and send them a link to an e-fed. With a link on the page, a player has to purposely go to your page, and then see the link. There is a difference
Post by: yar(35506)
2007-02-07 07:52:00
DUDE! Playing vow is a priveledge not a right.

And if you want to play you follow all the rules or suffer the consequences for not following them.

Whether you like it or not, it is your responsibility when joining a game to search out the rules, and not just dive in head first then complain when it gets chopped off.

By making this post what did you really wish to accomplish?

Did you think I will make this great injustice known to all of VOW? So the mods will give me chat back?

This complaint should have brought up with the mods by email, not in the forum.

I wish you luck, but the mods made the right decision in this case and I support them.

Post by: The Legend Killer(21778)
2007-02-07 08:27:21
You wouldn't walk into McDonalds and start eating a Burger King?

(Oh yes, I managed to link PLIT to fast food)
2007-02-07 09:37:48
Yeah I know my fault. It's not the complain. It's the fairness. Because not all rules are implemented like "Posting logos, trademarks or other copyrighted images without the express written consent of the owner."

Many uses WWE trademarked/copywritten things. So it is still against the rules to use pics of WWE wrestlers from WWE pictorials, the WWE logo, the names of WWE wrestlers and almost anything that comes from the WWE...

They should be suspended too.

BTW, I've talked about my suspension with the mods already. Just wanna share with you people what I've been thinking since my suspension.
Post by: Syrjis(80123)
2007-02-07 21:00:52
So you want me banned? IT'S A CONSPIRACY! WHERE'S THE FBI WHEN YOU NEED THEM?!????!!!!111eleven

EDIT:

I wonder if he's using the same pics aswell..

EDIT 2:

Oh yeah, and it's "Complaint". Not "Complain"
2007-02-07 21:01:50
^^ Well... Maybe if we're talking about rules. ;)

EDIT: ^^ I use my own pics in my profie. ;)

EDIT2: ^^ Yeah... I noticed that too...
2007-02-08 05:47:38
Was referring to

"Many uses WWE trademarked/copywritten things. So it is still against the rules to use pics of WWE wrestlers from WWE pictorials, the WWE logo, the names of WWE wrestlers and almost anything that comes from the WWE...

They should be suspended too."

In case you didn't know, I be Rikishi(36320)
2007-02-08 09:52:27
Yes I know. It doesn't matter if you are a prominent VOW player. 'Coz it is against the rules. Rikishi's a WWE player and i think he's also copywritten. ;)

EDIT: This is an article from WWE Copyright.

"Likewise, the World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.'s trademarks and service marks, including not only its world famous WWE and WWE marks, but also the names of its superstars, like Stone Cold Steve Austin are protected by state, federal, and international trademark laws. Any person who uses our marks for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission on goods or services in such a way that it dilutes the distinctive quality of our marks or that creates the likelihood of confusion with our marks is liable for trademark infringement."

So Kish is also copywritten.
2007-02-08 22:45:51
Don't blame me. I was able to create the char almost 2 years ago. No chance in hell I'll detach now..

EDIT:

"Any person who uses our marks for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission on goods or services in such a way that it dilutes the distinctive quality of our marks or that creates the likelihood of confusion with our marks is liable for trademark infringement."

I seriously doubt that me using Rikishi on VOW will "dilute the distinctive quality of WWE's marks" or creates the likelihood of confusion" ;)
2007-02-09 00:38:02
Still, as stated in the conduct page of VOW, it is AGAINST the rules.

Don't say it is an excuse because if that happens to be a valid excuse, VOW should excuse everything. ;)
2007-02-09 00:39:19
reminds me of a little kid playing a game, doesnt like something and starts to pout, grabs hid ball and stomps off to home. waaaaaa
2007-02-09 00:57:01
Sorry if I look like that. I just want this to be fair.
2007-02-09 02:57:47
well it does kinda look like that I was just joking though really.
Post by: Captain Stupendous(38517)
2007-02-09 03:49:46
This is an article from WWE Copyright.

"Likewise, the World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.'s trademarks and service marks, including not only its world famous WWE and WWE marks, but also the names of its superstars, like Stone Cold Steve Austin are protected by state, federal, and international trademark laws. Any person who uses our marks for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission on goods or services in such a way that it dilutes the distinctive quality of our marks or that creates the likelihood of confusion with our marks is liable for trademark infringement."

In what way does a player's character qualify as a good or a service?

PLIT Games, as a service, certainly does not infringe upon any copyrights.

Ray had it right about this complaint being childish. This akokulit person is definitely harboring some anger over his/her suspension and is now freely entertaining the "If I go down, I'm taking everyone with me" mentality.

Then again maybe I'm wrong, akokulit. Perhaps your concern over this issue really is genuine and you feel that the WWE and other wrestling federations are being victimized through abuse of their intellectual property.

If you're truly on some quest to right this grievous wrong, then after you're done with PLIT, move on to every wrestling fansite, every message board, every e-fed, and every other online community where you can find the likenesses and names of wrestling personalities (which are no doubt being used to some nefarious end) and preach your gospel there.

May you receive a warm and loving reception.
2007-02-09 04:20:55
ah the everloving stu, thats exactly what I was going to say lol
Post by: suepahfly(59692)
2007-02-09 07:00:59
well, allthough everythime i press "View Posts Since Last Click Here" i see the name RAY in this COMPLAIN-topic (withoutht he T indeed), and i must agmit i tought ray was complaining as usual ;)

But to my great surprise, i noticed Ray actually was on the GOOD side ;)

Well, nice going ray... And akokulit, if you were a MOD, you're the kind of person that would chat-ban the creators of the game too, right?
(because it's against the rules to use their name or something, lol... or for using the word 'suck' :D)
2007-02-09 08:12:09
Well you know me, as the resident God of VOW i do stay active.
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-02-09 08:26:46
Hi all. Well dont for get Plit is a game and it has a filter on names and so on. How ever the players still make up names and simalar names to there fav wreasling chars like stone cold and so on. Well lets look at images. Plit does not host the images. its a link to a difrent web sight. like photo bucket or any of the other free sights. go complain to them and get them to stop hosting the images first. I have seen emails from the rair few that hunt down ther images and whish to get them removed. Peter is happy to block the image on request. So if you whish to go threw the hole of vow and look at every image your self and locate where there from and who has copy right and advice them i whish you luck. as a fan bast game its upto the players to understand what copy right is and allso read the rules on sights like photo bucket and so on. if you link a image straght from some ones page this is rude and takes away bandwith from them. there are tools to see what links where and so on. the rest of the world can not make there mind up on what is theft or fair use on all sorts of things. DRM and water marking your imags lets you do image reckanision on images so you can hunt down your pics ans ask them to compainsate or take down. you tube and other sights do this. so does plit.
its not done often so not to many sights seem to be hunting down images like the WWE or WWF or who ever.

Denzil.
2007-02-09 09:39:02
ok
2007-02-10 10:00:25
"Well you know me, as the resident God of VOW i do stay active."

Well ray, you sure were around when the world got created, so... are you really THE god? ;)
2007-02-10 15:28:39
oh no not THE god only a fool would make that claim lol
Post by: denzil(82151)
2007-02-10 21:23:44
yes he is super fly. he made the apple and the world went to hell in a handbag after this with adem And Eve. i think he was in a movie. that old guy with glasses annd a large segar too. that god movie!

denzil.
Post by: jmallonee(34807)
2007-02-10 21:56:23
I am the god of vow. oh wait. I misspelled god. it should of read.
I am the d o g of vow :o) yep. the dog of vow. but. not said in a negative way as some might interpet it. lol
2007-02-10 23:22:21
hoooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllll
2007-02-11 10:14:21
nice doggy. Have an extra candy for your birthday...
How much is your age in DOG-years?

It's so enormously high allready...

congratz again, lil' bow wow...
Reply to Thread

Total Users: 581
Total Forums: 20
Total Threads: 2106
Total Posts: 21813
Logout